• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dashdance to d-smash?

not_that_good

Smash Cadet
i've been wondering lately...if you're in the middle of a dash-dance and use a d-smash on an incoming opponent, can it lead into an effective combo? like...dash-dance lure, d-smash, bair, float in front, dair...or is the lag time too long?

Vts

Smash Champion
dashdance down smash if they dont tech follow with a down tilt/dash attack or down air to raise them up then nurtal air them (did these few times last night was funny on floaters who didnt tech).

you can also follow up a down smash by grabbing them if they tech back to you then depending on character depends on what you should do from there.

-peace vts

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
if there is not tech you should do a dash attack then maybe a jab into a grab and then combo from there. that might only work at low percent. if at a high percent dash attack then hit them with Anair and that should do it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
CC d-smash is more accurate and more effective probably.

Peach is just too slow to scare people with her Dash Dance.

I would much rather just float fairly high in the air than dash dance with peach.

Its more intimidating to your opponents because your in air ready to do any aerial and float canceling it too.

In other words... Peach's DD is terrible

GA Peach

Smash Lord
CC d-smash is more accurate and more effective probably.

Peach is just too slow to scare people with her Dash Dance.

I would much rather just float fairly high in the air than dash dance with peach.

Its more intimidating to your opponents because your in air ready to do any aerial and float canceling it too.

In other words... Peach's DD is terrible
this one's on to something. i usually reserve my DDs for grab mixups, or to avoid attack after FC nair or something. seems a little slow for heavy offensive use

darkatma

Smash Hero
you realize that you can't dash dance directly into a dsmash unless you are some sort of god at pivoting right?

you can cc into dsmash after you get into running animation. But yea, I'd like to see a dd into dsmash.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
you realize that you can't dash dance directly into a dsmash unless you are some sort of god at pivoting right?

you can cc into dsmash after you get into running animation. But yea, I'd like to see a dd into dsmash.
It's not that hard. Just pivot into a neutral position and dsmash. Same timing as pivoting a jab or any other smash.

It's pivoting tilts (up and down especially) that takes stupidly hard timing.

darkatma

Smash Hero
It's not that hard. Just pivot into a neutral position and dsmash. Same timing as pivoting a jab or any other smash.

It's pivoting tilts (up and down especially) that takes stupidly hard timing.
I can pivot jabs pretty consistently, but I doubt everyone in this topic knows how to to pivot, and thus, dd to dsmash doesnt work

edit: for bad grammar

edit:
I stand corrected, dash dance to dsmash isn't to difficult. just tried to

Top Bottom