• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Dash Pivot Cancel: Now With Video!!!***

Bellioes

Smash Lord
This technique was already discovered by SamauriPanda, hence the name Dash Pivot Cancel (I still like Pivot Sliding better :p) Anyways, I still found things not covered by SamuraiPanda so I would still read the information in the new thread. Its been updated with a video (all credit going to SamuraiPanda).

NEW THREAD

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223971

Check it out. Its definitely an awesome technique. Ive asked SP to update his OP with some of the new stuff I found so Ill replace my link with his when he gets around to it.
Have Fun :D

Bellioes

Smash Lord
tbh this might be useless but i will wait and see :urg:
Yeah now that I think about it, its too slow to be used like the WD in melee
But mixing it in with your normal playstyle I think is where it really shines
You can really fake your opponent out if you mix this in with your pivot glidetosses because theyre very similar

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im stilling tripping too often to find this useful o-o. but hell im gonna incorporate this in my play to baffle my opponents =D mindgames for teh fuking win!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
video would be really good =)
yeah thats the problem, I dont have the equipment to make a movie. :(
But Im gonna get an SD card soon so maybe I can transfer the replay to my computer then
Otherwise, its up to someone else to make one

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I do this. It is useful. Not super useful, but good, especially on BF/platform stages when the opponent is above you and you need to maneuver in unpredictable ways to catch them off guard. Difference for me is I dribble instead of glide tossing to throw the nana.

One other thing you can do that is similar to this is:
Dash attack > pivot > dribble backwards the same direction that your dash attack was headed. It is sick.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I do this. It is useful. Not super useful, but good, especially on BF/platform stages when the opponent is above you and you need to maneuver in unpredictable ways to catch them off guard. Difference for me is I dribble instead of glide tossing to throw the nana.
But my technique isnt a glide toss :confused:
You just slide without throwing the banana

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i cant do the 2nd method argh! and the first method is very useful on platform mindgames as AZ suggested =D

Bellioes

Smash Lord
i cant do the 2nd method argh! and the first method is very useful on platform mindgames as AZ suggested =D
I dont think hes doing it right though
He thinks its a glidetoss for some reason
As for the second method, its the exact same timing as the first method (control stick to neutral followed immediately by a cstick smash right after)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
wow, i really gotta try this out
nice find!

maybe we can relate this with jc glide toss for awesome-ness
*goes to try*
hehe thanks
Im thinking about making one big thread of all the different ways diddy can throw his bananas. For sure Ill add your pivot glidetosses
I would never have found this out with out your thread ;)

Top Bottom