• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack Foxtrot.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This thread used to be about me "discovering" a move that turned out to be already known as a foxtrot.

I figured this was somewhat related, and didn't warrant a thread of it's own, so I just wanted to ask if this is known too.

Tap forwards to dash and release it immediately. Sheik will do a single foxtrot trot, and then, you'll notice that you can wait for quite a while, almost until she is stationary, and if you tap A, she will still do the dash attack as well as another dash, just by pressing A along.

She goes the space of 3 steps instead of two during the normal dash attack, and you can do it again right after the attack.

It's pretty much the foxtrot, but she attacks at every other "trot".

So, is there a name for this?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
it seems to me that its not quite a foxtrot since he's letting the dashing animation go longer than a foxtrot would, but its a good reminder to use sheik players to mix up our game a bit and incorporate other ways to get in some hits

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys.

I was just playing around with the Dash Dance technique, and I realised how much Sheik slides. So, I tried to, basically, Dash Dance in one direction.

The outcome is kinda like Sheik is gliding.

What you do is hit forward, and Sheik will naturally slide. This animation usually precedes running.

Now, right before the end of the slide, you can hit it again, and then again after that, and so on.

You can also Smash out of this. The U-Smash works best, since Sheik will charge as she is sliding. I have managed to F-Smash backwards (the opposite way to which I am sliding) a few times, but you need to do this later than the U-Smash for it to work.

I don't know if anyone's already done this yet or if there is already a name for it, so just tell me if there is.

Try it out and tell me what you think. :bee:

P.s. Keep in mind I've only been testing this for about 2 minutes so far.
I call it RUNNING AND SLIDING!!! Credits to me for the name :D.

Welcome to the shiek boards.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's using the opening frames of the dash animation to move around. In Brawl, you can only do this in the same direction, but basically it was so named because in Melee certain characters like Fox actually moved faster than they would just straight-up running.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
instead of just holding left or right, you start the dash animation, release the control stick, and when the initial frames of the dash animation are over, you dash again, etc and so forth

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Oh lol, so then it's the exact same thing. Hahahaha.

Can I at least re-invent it and call it the Sheik-Trot? That way it sounds like a fashion project instead of a dance.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
It's still a fox trot. It's just that Sheik's dash attack comes with a built in dash. When your character is slowing to a halt during the ending frames of a fox trot, you're technically still running. Attacking out of a run results in a dash attack. This move isn't exactly helpful, unless you mindgamezses your opponent to put up their shield so you can get a grab.

Top Bottom