• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darling Downs Player Finder

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
:mario2:Toowoomba/Darling Downs Smash Thread:link2:
Revamped and Ready.

Introduction

Hello!
And welcome!
Hopefully if you are reading this thread you are from Toowoomba or the Darling Downs and have an interest in Super Smash Brothers. Hopefully if you are reading this thread you have a niggling passion for the Smash Series and a desire to increase your skill. And most importantly, hopefully, if you are reading this thread, you have a desire to meet and greet new people, forge friendships and have fun while playing this game.
If you do fit in the criteria set above, I would love to here from you. Although Toowoomba is populated by around 200 000 people, a reliable network of smashers has yet to be formed. The only known smashers that populate the area are myself, Ace and Scorer, who all regularly played at small bi-weeklies. Other friends of mine also join the fray on the odd occassion but not consistent enough to be labelled a smasher.
So if you do live in the Darling Downs region and wish to get together for a smash session, feel free to post here and I will get back to you ASAP. I roam these boards fairly often and will be on here regularly. Not only will you get some valuable experience and fun in regards to the game, organisation of bi-weeklies as well as proper Toowoomba Crew representation in major QLD will be possible.
It all starts somewhere...

Toowoomba Bi-Weeklies
At the moment, Toowoomba Bi-weeklies are occurring at my house at a fairly regular basis, with 3-5 people usually attending. Unfortunately, I don't see this as a very significant number at all, and I know there must be more eager smashers in the region.

The current people attending include:

Greenstreet :sonic::luigi2: - jared.greenstreet@gmail.com (email) or jared_greenstreet@gbpackersfan.com (MSN)
Ace :gw: - fuzzylittleman@hotmail.com
Scorer :ike: - mat.scorer@hotmail.com

I am also contactable on my mobile at: 0407796785

We would love to see you at one of these events, they occur usually on a weeknight, organised previous to the event. We are all students, so our hours are fairly flexible, so give us a window, and we can surely organise a time to meet up and play.

:bluejump:Toowoomba Crew:bluejump:

Although we technically do have a crew, participation in actual QLD tourneys is low. This is where you come in. We need as much support as we can get. We can provide transport to the QLD tourneys but we cannot participate in Crew Battles without some more support.

Rankings

So I've knocked together a list of the few guys that have been playing smash fairly regularly and aren't complete scrubs. And these results seem fairly accurate portrayals of skill to me.

1. Greenstreet
2. Ace
3. Jimmy (lol)
4. Dan
5. Scorer
6. Raz
7. Matt
8. Payt

T-Bar: The First

T-Bar: The First is Toowoomba's first tournament worth mentioning on the boards. Seeing as though I was not able to attend Redcliffe II, I had to make my own arrangements here in Toowoomba. That meant that I had to gather all my scattered mates who can actually play the game half decently and bring em all to my house for a bi-weekly/mini-tourney/rank determiner whatever you wanna call it. The following people are planned to be attending:

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey Man

I haven't heard of anyone from Toowoomba, there are plenty of Brisbane/Gold Coast smashers though...

Maybe I could organise a road trip to Toowoomba

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
heck, thatd b awesome. except yer i dont know how many smashers u would find here. only me and mates u come over to play it at my house.
the thing i want most is to gauge my ability i guess. level 9's get too easy and human behaviour is so much different so i wudnt know. but yer i got smash june 26th so its not like i've had the most time in the world to practice. shud've imported it :)
but yer, i wud love to see how good a 'good' player is you know.
and yes i guess i cud go online, but lag is my mortal enemy :) :) :) :) :)
well do u hav msn mate. wud love to talk sometime maybe see if i can get into brissy or watevs.
let me know

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer i hav neva been a big gamer, well i play games alot. but i am willing to put some time into this 1. coz its got such a big community.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah man, QLD is always on the hunt for new people to join the scene. You should get your friends to join the site too if they are keen on becoming apart of the QLD scene, and help us keep the scene going.

Also, I noted that you asked about how you should go about getting to Helensvale for the upcoming tournament (At least I'm pretty sure you did).

On the day, it would only be a matter of hopping on a train that runs express to the Gold Coast. It stops at Helensvale Station, and you can catch a bus/catch a ride with one of the other smashers, to the venue.

(Well this under the assumption that it'll be at Helensvale - The location could change, but we'll definitely keep you and everybody else informed).

Also, Welcome to Smashboards!
: ]

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i dont think toowoomba wud hav a train to helensville mate :) not a passenger train anyway. maybe bus then.
also... how does a crew work?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
also. how many hours have u guys put in to get to the level of play you are at. i am real interested in seeing how i gauge against some pro players but have no real good way of doing so. but yer, how many hours hav u put into brawl/ how long hav u had it?

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Turns on the wii.....lets see.....
Power time: 258 hrs, 41 mins
Play Time: 170 hrs, 40 mins
>.<
Hahah, 9304 KOs
Smash Champ : Metaknight
Smash Sap : Metaknight
Slug Meister: Metaknight
Punching Bag: Metaknight
KO Kingpin: Metaknight
No-Defence Nelly: Metaknight
Disaster Master : Pikachu ^.^

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
kk i've had it for 3 and a half weeks.. and i've got 125:19 power time
and 83"39 playtime. so i guess i am on track at least

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
i dont think toowoomba wud hav a train to helensville mate :) not a passenger train anyway. maybe bus then.
also... how does a crew work?
Well, y'know what I mean mate : D

A 'crew' is simply just a smash team. A group of people you smash with.
One of the biggest rivalries in Aussie smash has been that between our gold coast crew, 'The Ward' and Brisbane's crew 'TECH Team'.

So yeah, it makes thing's all the more interesting.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
okay. cool i thought it mighta been something u entered tourneys as... thats cool. so kinda informal? so vyse how many hours u got racked up?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer seems the same with 'woomba... least ur in a big city :)
i'll find some1 els....

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Also let this post be a reminder to the original content of the thread! Is there any Toowoomba Brawlers out there at a professional level? Pm me or post here :)
cheers

Scrubs

Smash Lord
On the day, it would only be a matter of hopping on a train that runs express to the Gold Coast. It stops at Helensvale Station, and you can catch a bus/catch a ride with one of the other smashers, to the venue.
: ]
That would be one kick *** train to get up that hill(mountain)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Update number 1 on the search for unidentified smash lifeforms in toowoomba...
apparently down at neo tokyo (a japanese retro store) a person was playing wii and owning every1 as wolf, according to fairly reliable sources.
to the identity of this mysterious smasher, we know nothing, to whether he was actually good...we know nothing (source of this information sucks, so it cud well b unfounded)
to whether he even likes smash....we know nothing.

to be continued...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer man. itll b better than any doco on bigfoot...

itll just b me stalking every1 i c buying a wii.... then getting arrested and then asking prisoners if they play brawl (and really hoping that brawl isnt some scary prison game).
then i'd get out after a while (maybe ask the judge at my hearing if he plays) and continue my search, by then i wud have recieved some publicity so it wud b more likely that smashers wud come find me....

so if i'm not at the tourney i will b playing 'brawl' with big jim in cell block 4.
l8as

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey Toowoomba guys, I would be happy to play some games, maybe in a few weeks or so, I head up that way now and then anyway, so yeah!

I don't have the internets though so
, :dizzy:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hey Toowoomba guys, I would be happy to play some games, maybe in a few weeks or so, I head up that way now and then anyway, so yeah!

I don't have the internets though so
, :dizzy:
Well some how let me know what you are gonna be up to? Mobile?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Toowoomba's First Bi-Weekly is occuring in two weeks on Sunday the 16th of November!

Updating Soon.

Top Bottom