• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DARKSIDE COMICS BRAWL # 2 1v1/2v2 Tournament - SARASOTA, FL - April 26, 08

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros. Brawl Singles/Doubles Tournament

April 26th 2008

Starting Time: 2:00pm (Doubles)
(Singles starts upon conclusion of doubles)

(Singles registration will be before and during doubles games)

Singles Entry Fee: $10.00
Doubles Entry Fee: $20.00

Hosted By:
DARKSIDE COMICS
408 S Washington Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236

For more info:
Call (941) 363 - 0840
Call or text organizer (Rafael): (941) 323 - 3723
Go to www.darksidecomics.com

Matchmaking

- Double-elimination
- Random seeding
- ROUNDS – Best 2/3 games
- SEMIS & FINALS - Best 3/5 games

Settings
- 1v1 & 2v2
- 3 stock (1v1) 4 stock (2v2)
- 7 min. (1v1) 8 min. (2v2)
- All items off
- Team attack ON
- After each game, winner is allowed to change character, then loser

Stages
All games will be played on:

- Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

- Stage chosen randomly first game
- Loser chooses next stage
- There are no counter-pick stages

Restrictions
- No stalling
- Audience is not allowed to coach players
- No modified controllers
(However, in-game tag creation & controller configuration IS LEGAL)

PRIZES depend on number of participants and will be awarded in STORE CREDIT.
This is DARKSIDE COMICS' decision, not mine, I'm merely an organizer.

Singles
1st: 55% of pot
2nd: 30% of pot
3rd: 15% of pot

Doubles
1st: 70% of pot
2nd: 30% of pot

I'm Rafael, the tournament organizer, if you have any questions
concerning the tournament, feel free to ask me on this forum.
Thank you...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
store credit? mmmmmm...what else do you guys sell besides (obviously) comics? Im not really into the comic books. Not to come out and say i'd win the tournament or anything, but if i get store credit for a store i dont want anything out of, whats the point

Villain DE ad

Smash Cadet
store credit? mmmmmm...what else do you guys sell besides (obviously) comics? Im not really into the comic books. Not to come out and say i'd win the tournament or anything, but if i get store credit for a store i dont want anything out of, whats the point

Theres alot of stuff to choose from. If your into anime you'll like it

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Sephiroth...???
Yea, well hope to see you both there, I think Polmex said something about you being his partner Mr. H...
Anyway, I think there'll be a lot of people at this one, we should have four tvs and four wiis.

If anyone can bring setups that'd be nice too.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Store Credit Inquiries

The tournament may be store credit, but the ENTIRE pot is given out. DARKSIDE COMICS sells comics, graphic novels, collectibles, toys, t-shirts, trading cards, heroclix, and has a catalog of stuff they dont carry in the store that you can order.

It is also a LAN center, you can buy food or play time with your credit as well.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Wow, I realized this is the 26th, not the 3rd xD. Im in, an Mr H is my Gigabits partner, not at this one xD.

I can't wait to play you Raef, pink, Abe, an Mr H. We prob gonna play each other, since the **** train is on its tracks. At seibriks I suicided...too many times. =(, wont eva gonna happen again. Gigabits is goin to see a different PolMex Luigi....

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Yea, we ***** and pillaged Spring Hill on the 13th...
In doubles we got 1st, and in singles I got 1st and Pink got 2nd...

Team Daybreak went to Springhill, when they left...
....nothing remained...

LMAO

You keep talking about this **** train Polmex...well there ain't no tracks that lead to us buddy.
See you at Gigs...

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
Raef sense your teaming with Abe in this one... Call me like 30 min before you think singles is gonna start so i can head out there and do some ownage.

Polmex u best be there haha.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
We have at least 15 locals that will attend for singles so there will be a lot more local smashers than last tourny. Not sure how many will play in doubles as well.

GDX, you got a partner...?
Villain plays Diddy too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX, you got a partner...?
Villain plays Diddy too.
me and force are perma-partners man. Wherever i throw a banana, only he will be there ready to DK punch someone in the face

i may be considering going to a tourney here in orlando on saturday instead though...im trying to weigh the pros and cons of each tourney right now before deciding. Do they sell videogames in this place raef? or in their "catalog"

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I dont have a doubles partner for this if its nto polmex. Also Sarasota is kinda far from Palm Beach Gardens haha.
Mr H Ill double with you so we can get the Team Me he co team goin on. I feel so bad that I missed Giga, but now im in the clear in school so I wont miss another tourney again xD.

Oh an Raef, the tracks lead right to you, cuz im smellin another finals win with an Up-B xD. I cant wait, 3 more days.

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
/sigh just 1 more day... lol is that bowser guy going again? haha was so funny to see him **** some kids with bowser... he's repping the gimpy

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Yea, we ***** and pillaged Spring Hill on the 13th...
In doubles we got 1st, and in singles I got 1st and Pink got 2nd...

Team Daybreak went to Springhill, when they left...
....nothing remained...

LMAO

You keep talking about this **** train Polmex...well there ain't no tracks that lead to us buddy.
See you at Gigs...
u seem to be proud of ****** a noob tourney. Good job being the big fish in a small pond. you and your teamate didn't even make it outta pools @ gigs. a Real tourney.
you're lucky im not going to this horrible payout tourney.

Villain DE ad

Smash Cadet
u seem to be proud of ****** a noob tourney. Good job being the big fish in a small pond. you and your teamate didn't even make it outta pools @ gigs. a Real tourney.

If your gonna talk **** come to the tourney.

btw you spelled teammate wrong.....

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Hmm, xYz, zome harsh words coming from who I thought was a nice guy. Wait, I still think you are, but bro, theres no need to be acting hard an dissin everyone on forums. xD

I mean, itll be cool if you go to this..."noob tournement", and, by hte sound of it you should handle everyone there an get a very easy win. But, who cares. I dont give a **** bout this forum bashin an ****.

Well, I cant wait to the next big tourney, which seems to be the 17th at gigs. But I also cant wait for this one tomorrow. xD

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
uhhhh xyz wouldnt get an easy win considering im going to be there...

and otru....i hope u come that would be tight...we would get to play friendlies but im sure u were just fcking around

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
yeah but otru listen......

were gonna start hosting these at a really nice venue with cash payout instead....i told rafael not even to host this one bc darkside is so ghey about giving cash away(even though its legal)

but next one will be huge/cash payout for sure..def round up the testament and bring em down itll be way worth it

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
?

Well, I don't know what to say...

I guess you're MAD? That I'm "proud" of winning a tourny in Spring Hill and happened to MENTION it in MY OWN thread. I don't even think I've ever met you but you seem to have something against me so, DO YOU I guess, if thats how you feel, thats how you feel.

Its kinda harsh to just come in here and call this a noob tourny when you've never been to one or seen the skill level of any of the players here. But hey, DO YOU...
And I don't believe in luck, only skill. Thanks for coming on here and letting us know how you feel man.

Oh and yeah, we didn't make it out of pools, but you and my teammate were tied for 4th place in your pool, and you guys had a tiebreaker which you won, but I guess you still consider him a noob. We also placed 7th in teams, but hey, I got nothing I need to prove to you so, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot even though we've never met.

I still think you're a skilled player, maybe we can still play some time and I'm sorry you feel that way, later...

Top Bottom