• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkness???

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
I've been reading a bit about Luigi,and it seems Luigi has a "dark side"
-"Luigi has, on more than one occasion, been revealed to have some sort of darker side. One such example has been in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, in which a star door would not open to Luigi alone due to the door sensing 'darkness in his heart'."
-""In Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64, when Mario is sent a snack in the mail, Luigi eats it and later writes about it in his journal without telling his older brother. Super Paper Mario portrayed Luigi as the host of an ancient evil force and is brainwashed for part of the story, becoming an enemy named Mr. L. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Luigi's final smash trophy states that the Negative Zone is a "reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow". On the Shadow Moses Island stage of Brawl, Colonel Campbell is seemingly driven to madness by Luigi's mere presence.

(Taken from wikipedia)

What could this mean? I never expected Luigi to be like this...

Not only that but there is:
A great adventure to Luigi written here:http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Luigi_Series
Not only that but he lied to mario and tried to make himself seem more herowic:
"Luigi exaggerates and tells lies to make the story better and make himself sound much more heroic; "

Very surprising... What do you think?

Zarez

Smash Cadet
That's one thing I like about Luigi as a character. In most of the games, he's usually portrayed as a coward or seeminly weak. But if you look at how he's portrayed in other games, one could argue that there's a possibility that's he could be evil, or just has an evil side. I believe one of his "congragulations" pictures, after beating classic or all-star, shows him sneaking up behind Mario with a bat.

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
This would really make an excellent story to my "Super Luigi" game. Revealing his true self with the Cursed dark mirror and the negative zone....
Here's the box art:

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
wont really betray mario in the end, he'll actually save him. He's still going to be the good guy. Except the dark mirror is going to reflect is evilness and create tht evil luigi and the story goes on, get the idea? here's the intro, sort of:http://www.freewebs.com/4urentertainmen/Untitled%2D1.swf
it looks a little crappy with the outside of the flash moving showing, so try to ignore it, or minimize ur window...

or u could just right click and "save target as"

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Wikipedia can be invaded by people who feel the urge to tell lies. It's a sad truth. But if a super Luigi game were to come out, I wouldn't complain.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I don't think Luigi is evil; he's just a bit jealous. I mean, if Mario was your brother, wouldn't you want a bit of his fame?

That's what Luigi's "dark" side is - a bit of resentment and jealousy towards his brother. But Luigi is still mostly good-natured, if a little cowardly, and I have no doubt that, if it came down to it, Luigi would much rather save his brother than kill him.

EDIT: Of course, that doesn't apply to Weegee. THAT particular character is evil incarnate.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Gimpyfish is having a bad day and systematically closing all the fun threads. He's almost here. I'm just paying my respects.

EDIT: oh wait, looks like we've been spared. More spam plz.

In response to "who is Weegee?" all I can say is that he's from Mario is Missing, which is a really obscure Mario game in which Luigi was the protagonist. he had a particularly weird sprite, which is what you see here. He's always watching you and if you stare into his eyes...something terrible may happen.

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
Gimpyfish is having a bad day and systematically closing all the fun threads. He's almost here. I'm just paying my respects.

EDIT: oh wait, looks like we've been spared. More spam plz.

In response to "who is Weegee?" all I can say is that he's from Mario is Missing, which is a really obscure Mario game in which Luigi was the protagonist. he had a particularly weird sprite, which is what you see here. He's always watching you and if you stare into his eyes...something terrible may happen.
I'm really glad Nintendo didnt make this game which makes weegee not officially luigi. right?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm really glad Nintendo didnt make this game which makes weegee not officially luigi. right?
I'm pretty sure Nintendo did make "Mario is Missing.". It wasn't very good, so nobody really cares about it.

People just found the weird Luigi sprite from that game funny, so it ended up on 4chan where people started photoshopping this weirdo Luigi picture into image macros, which created the "weegee" fad..

But yeah, Weegee is just a fad character, kind of like what happened to Mudkips.

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Nintendo did make "Mario is Missing.". It wasn't very good, so nobody really cares about it.

"Mario Is Missing! is a geography edutainment video game for the PC, Super NES, and NES. It was developed by The Software Toolworks and was released in 1992 for the PC. In 1993, two different versions were made for the SNES and NES, the latter being developed by Radical Entertainment. All three versions were published by the Mindscape Group."

quote from wikipedia.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
luigi will be able to use his dark side to become more powerful then mario (he already jumps higher then mario aka jump man) while still being a good guy

Also the break dancing one is great

star_wolf

Smash Rookie
I saved almost all those pictures they were so funny! By the way, I'm surprised so few people actually main Luigi on the Luigi board.

Top Bottom