• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkatma's sheik matches (Critique vs peach!)

darkatma

Smash Hero

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Your Sheik is really nice. Your use of needles is superb, and your movements are good as well. Against Peach tilts aren't as useful, so not a big problem there.

Mainly you need to wave dash out of your shield. A ton of times Peach used dsmash and you were just out of the range or the move hit your shield and pushed you back a bit. Wait and wave dash into a grab for easy damage. You also did a poor job predicting Peach's moves. You would ftilt, for example, but know she was too far in the air for you to follow. Instead of waiting there, run after her, and you know she'll jump as soon as the stun is gone. Predict that and get a move in. Stuff like that.

Draw out the dsmash, too. That Peach dsmashed a ton, but outside of that it was a good Peach. That was its main weakness, so capitalize and punish it.

EDIT: You also need to cstick the ledge hopped fair. You didn't cstick it so you were DIing too far left, so when you did miss, you were left wiiiiide open.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Your Sheik is really nice. Your use of needles is superb, and your movements are good as well. Against Peach tilts aren't as useful, so not a big problem there.

Mainly you need to wave dash out of your shield. A ton of times Peach used dsmash and you were just out of the range or the move hit your shield and pushed you back a bit. Wait and wave dash into a grab for easy damage. You also did a poor job predicting Peach's moves. You would ftilt, for example, but know she was too far in the air for you to follow. Instead of waiting there, run after her, and you know she'll jump as soon as the stun is gone. Predict that and get a move in. Stuff like that.

Draw out the dsmash, too. That Peach dsmashed a ton, but outside of that it was a good Peach. That was its main weakness, so capitalize and punish it.

EDIT: You also need to cstick the ledge hopped fair. You didn't cstick it so you were DIing too far left, so when you did miss, you were left wiiiiide open.
Yea, i'm working on the wavedash out of shield... it seems very useful in most sheik games. Do you use the L button two times to shield and then wavedash?

Mkay gotta work on prediction.

And for the ledge hop fair, so is it better to not DI into the stage, so i just fair from the ledge and regrab(the ledge)? I think i might have been trying to DI in for more range, but then i went back out, so iono:p

Well at least i improved then. Coz a few months back, your response critique was "your sheik is too slow, practice speeding up your char with shffls and quicker speed in general"

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think your Sheik is better than mine. Your needle use is too good, and I need to steal it.

Banksya

Smash Ace
I was actually gonna say your sheik was alittle on the slow side but if you were slower before and you are imprivng then you are on the right track. Overall it looked pretty good, you have a good technical game. The needles are cool yes, but sometimes there were other things you could have done that would have gotten more damage, like instead of needling her just fair her in the face >_> lol

darkatma

Smash Hero
Yea i know sometimes i could've done much more damage with more simple and strategically times hits >< I needa work on that. And my sheik is a bit slow on the ground, so i know i needa work on that too.

fair to the face doesnt always work though : /

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
not bad. Overall i'd say to just practice a bit more. Don't try to dash attack peach...well...ever. After Dthrows she can jsut jump out and if its random she'll just cc it or shield grab you.

I liked how you kept your space from the peach, that is a really good first step.

keep it up :p

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
loved those platform cancelled needles on the first match, your last stock. looked flashy as hell and got some dmg, very well done.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Mkay so far i have:
Things i need to improve on:
-Wavedash out of shield after dsmashes=easy follow up
-bait peach's dsmash
-avoid DIing in on ledge-hopped fairs
-PRACTICE a lot more for experience
-timing fairs better and substituting some needles for well times fairs
-never dash attack peach
-work on a bit more speed

Things i am doing right:
-setups with needles and grabs(all of my setups started with one or the other)
-keeping the right spacing vs peach
-sexy needling? =]

So far so good :p
Now something criticize me on the 2nd match, i really can't tell why i got 3 stocked. Either the peach had amazingly crazy spacing, or i just suck without platform canceled needles

Top Bottom