• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Pit sideB is now AmaZing

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
please correct your spelling for "amazing". IDK why it's just really bothering me............

:150:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I need to try this out myself now. I might end up using this move more for tech chases now.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I need to try this out myself now. I might end up using this move more for tech chases now.
I think it's best to keep the arm fresh, you can tech chase with other moves like dash attack too.

I tested this when the update came out on fd from the spawnpoint:
Bowser - 94%
Pit - 82%
Jiggs - 72%

Who said Dark Pit's side b wasn't better?
Everyone did, but that's not the case now ;)

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
I tested this when the update came out on fd from the spawnpoint:
Bowser - 94%
Pit - 82%
Jiggs - 72%

Who said Dark Pit's side b wasn't better?
Spawn point... as in the centre of the stage? Or do you mean the ledge where you start in training mode. If it's the former... That's... that's totally insane. That knockback would be absolutely ridiculous, even more so than some of the strongest FSmashes in the game.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Wow. I knew that Electroshock received more knockback growth, but GEEZ!!!! I would not have thought it would've been this significant. I'd like to say that Dark Pit is better now, but I can't because it's just one move and it's too early in the new patch to tell.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
:rosalina:will have a much more difficult time against :4darkpit: now. One Electroshock Arm sends Luma 2/3rds of the way across Final Destination.

I like this buff. This actually gives him merit to be used more depending on the MU/stage.

Last edited:

Red Pittoo ~ Rekt

Smash Apprentice
Spawn point... as in the centre of the stage? Or do you mean the ledge where you start in training mode. If it's the former... That's... that's totally insane. That knockback would be absolutely ridiculous, even more so than some of the strongest FSmashes in the game.
Spawnpoint as in where you spawn in the beginning of a match. Sorry for the confusion.

Wow. I knew that Electroshock received more knockback growth, but GEEZ!!!! I would not have thought it would've been this significant. I'd like to say that Dark Pit is better now, but I can't because it's just one move and it's too early in the new patch to tell.
It received a huuggeee KB growth buff along with an angle buff so yes it is this significant. I thinkDark Pit may hav an edge over Pit because they now have the same amount of good/better than the other K.O. moves (Pit having f tilt and DP having side b) but Dark Pit's is WAY better killing at 80 while Pit's ftilt kills at 130. Also, I posted a video on my channel where I read a Cloud's roll and killed him at 61, no rage.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It received a huuggeee KB growth buff along with an angle buff so yes it is this significant. I thinkDark Pit may hav an edge over Pit because they now have the same amount of good/better than the other K.O. moves (Pit having f tilt and DP having side b) but Dark Pit's is WAY better killing at 80 while Pit's ftilt kills at 130. Also, I posted a video on my channel where I read a Cloud's roll and killed him at 61, no rage.
I said that it was too early to tell because Pit still has the better arrows and that most people say that they don't consider the arms to be that important in a match. Dark Pit still has trouble gimping on stage compared to Pit and I think Pit has a slightly better jab because the finisher has a larger hitbox or something.

Red Pittoo ~ Rekt

Smash Apprentice
I said that it was too early to tell because Pit still has the better arrows and that most people say that they don't consider the arms to be that important in a match. Dark Pit still has trouble gimping on stage compared to Pit and I think Pit has a slightly better jab because the finisher has a larger hitbox or something.
I'm pretty sure that last part of the last sentence is false. Also, I killed Pikachu in the middle of fd with side b at 95%, sooooo

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'm pretty sure that last part of the last sentence is false. Also, I killed Pikachu in the middle of fd with side b at 95%, sooooo
Maybe, but I heard something about a difference in the jabs on the smash wiki or whatever. Also, it's pikachu, a lightweight, so of course he's gonna die from a side b that early from there.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That last sentence is true, his jab was buffed 2-3 times thanks to these patches(aka 1.1.0)

• Jab's rapid finisher hitbox size (5.0u → 6.0u).
  • Jab's rapid Finisher Z-axis displacement (9.0u → 8.5u).
  • Palutena's Arrow has 3 less frames of ending lag.

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
That last sentence is true, his jab was buffed 2-3 times thanks to these patches(aka 1.1.0)

• Jab's rapid finisher hitbox size (5.0u → 6.0u).
  • Jab's rapid Finisher Z-axis displacement (9.0u → 8.5u).
  • Palutena's Arrow has 3 less frames of ending lag.
That rapid jab finisher "buff" is insignificant. I have tested both Pits side by side and i honestly don't see any difference at all. Pit's rapid jab is still as useles as it was before that patch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That rapid jab finisher "buff" is insignificant. I have tested both Pits side by side and i honestly don't see any difference at all. Pit's rapid jab is still as useles as it was before that patch.
How do you not see a difference? Pretty much(for me atleast), opponents will be stuck in Pit's jabs longer/more than Pittoo's jabs. Little things can fix a character, so don't just call it insignificant just because

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
It is only supposed to affect the final hit, hence the name "finisher" but the rapid jab itself is the same with both Pits. It really is insignificant because it doesn't make Pit's rapid jab any better than Dark Pit's.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It is only supposed to affect the final hit, hence the name "finisher" but the rapid jab itself is the same with both Pits. It really is insignificant because it doesn't make Pit's rapid jab any better than Dark Pit's.
It kinda...still does

Since it's a bigger finish, he has more if a chance in actually keeping enimies and hitting them with it

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
What good is it if your enemy can jump out of it? And have you actually compared them side by side? the "buff" isn't even noticeable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What good is it if your enemy can jump out of it? And have you actually compared them side by side? the "buff" isn't even noticeable.
Neither was Robin's victory screen buff, but a buff is a buff. Maybe you're not as lucky keeping people in the jab to finish then...most likely

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Classic human behavior; constantly having the feel that they need to be right in an argument at all times, despite the fact that the concpets of "agree to disagree" and "to each their own" are still an option in any argument. Keep it up, humanity.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Classic human behavior; constantly having the feel that they need to be right in an argument at all times, despite the fact that the concpets of "agree to disagree" and "to each their own" are still an option in any argument. Keep it up, humanity.
It's the internet, what did you expect to be a special tradition?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It's the internet, what did you expect to be a special tradition?
I was just saying that this is common human behavior, not some sort of "special tradition". Yes, it is the internet, and it is wack 99.9% of the time, but so is the world in general.

"*ahem* this is the brain of Sensane speaking instead of Sensane himself. Sensane is going through a transitional phase right now, so if he says anything that you don't understand, try to bear with him."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was just saying that this is common human behavior, not some sort of "special tradition". Yes, it is the internet, and it is wack 99.9% of the time, but so is the world in general.

"*ahem* this is the brain of Sensane speaking instead of Sensane himself. Sensane is going through a transitional phase right now, so if he says anything that you don't understand, try to bear with him."
I don't care for you brain, I wanna talk to a human through a computer while people make pointers arguments 24/7(internet tradition forever)

Last edited:

MMST|Ven

Smash Rookie
With Dark Pit's new side B buff, it makes him the choice over Pit in the Sonic MU. You can pivot side B to power through spindash and kill. Killed sonic mid stage with rage at 82% and no rage side of the stage at 102%

Last edited:

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I survived at 130 against this move centerstage as Fox. The DP had rage too(it was the grounded version too) lol.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
I survived at 130 against this move centerstage as Fox. The DP had rage too(it was the grounded version too) lol.
That should not be possible unless the move was stale. Just tested it on practise mode and Fox dies at 130% centerstage no matter how you DI and even without rage.

Top Bottom