• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark.Pch and Bum Presenets ~ Imperial Era 3 ~ March 26 ~

Jtails

Smash Lord
make entry 10 if venue is gonna be 10.. that just doesnt sound like it makes sense for venue to be more than what any place other than first would get.

would there be doubles?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The money within venue fee is for food and drinks dude. it's not coming from outside of it. you guys are paying to get in the house+ food. Most tournies don't do that so you should be happy.

If enough people wanna enter doubles then yea. last time not many wanted to enter so it got canceled

And thats what the pool tallied up too. Also, I made up my decision. meta knight is striked from this tournament.

Singles does not have a set time it will end. it ends when it ends looking at all these entries, it should not go over 2 hours

Jtails

Smash Lord
wow, whatever I'll just **** at this anyway.
GL to those getting 2nd or 3rd. they aint gonna profit, but not my problem.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
wow, whatever I'll just **** at this anyway.
GL to those getting 2nd or 3rd. they aint gonna profit, but not my problem.
Dude, I dont even make money running this tourny (which I am suppose to be making just like any TO that holds his tourny) And nether does bum. All the money goes to his mother. I am doing this for free. or did you forget about that. I am also doing this for the community. But old and new players. So idk why you making a big deal. Really when your *** is getting fed at this tourny. freaking people so spoiled. be happy you get something for 2nd/3rd. Those people make more then the tourny host. And you got a problem?

And since is for the community. I made it the peoples choice and had them vote on the poll as to what they wanted.

And if you seriously think you all that to take first (though you failed last time and you are META KNIGHT) Why don't you just go to NJ on saturday. There is a big tourny there. Prices are high. Go there and get 1-3 and make some money. Go and **** that. I get tired of smashers *****ing over freaking money. Thats all these clowns care about. I make no money off this and can honestly say **** doing these. Yet I do for the community. And to bring this spoiled trash state scene to life.

Don't like it? Then don't come, that freaking simple.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
And I thought GA had all the salt, LOL.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is there somewhere safe to park? or is it gonna be tough to find spaces
I'll look up the parking and get back to you.

Also people I would like everyone who is going to this to please reg on allisbrawl the link is on the first post. I will add all the people that are coming friday nite. That way on saturday I don't have to waste time making a bracket and doing so runs things a lil faster. If you don't wanna be entered just tell me when you get there and I'll remove your name from the list. The bracket will not be made until I get the final word on who is entering and not. Once I get that, then the bracket will be made within 5 mins and we get this rolling for a smother and faster tourny. Breaking records out here.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Why would you have an Mk ban tourney? Make sure to notify Rajam because he cannot count this tourney in his rankings....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Banning meta wont really have much affect here. We really only have 2 of them. And none of them won my tourny. I just made this to see what would happen. It's no big deal. meta Knight in NYC does not mean anything to us.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Dark peach I'm not *****ing, Like i said I'll still go and **** everybody anyway MK or not. It's your tournament run it however, I'm still coming.

I'm just broke and the main reason I play is to try and get some pocket money so I can eat. If I lose then so be it, good **** to the people that beat me.
Otherwise I would use all Ness and only Ness. but then I wouldn't have money to attend tournaments anyway. I don't have time to practice all day everyday with a low *** tier character.

just chill out, I'm not attacking you or anything.

Jtails

Smash Lord
And props to you for running these tournaments, cause I do have fun too chilling with people and playing friendlies. otherwise this game has become work.

and yeah NL is godlike and he beat me last tournament. that doesn't mean that I won't be confident and think I'll win this one though. I fear no player, and excuse me for believing in my ability.

lol you kinda started it saying "J you're not gonna win" of course we're playing, and we're boys. so we'll see what happens this weekend. Either way it should be fun.

and I didn't mean to sound like a **** or anything but I have financial issues. So pardon me

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its one thing to be confident. But it's how you act that is another. And how you can control that behavior too. Thats one thing I don't like. Really when it comes to money in this game. Which is why this game is not worth playing for money.

But w/e, its done with.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Its one thing to be confident. But it's how you act that is another. And how you can control that behavior too. Thats one thing I don't like. Really when it comes to money in this game. Which is why this game is not worth playing for money.

But w/e, its done with.
You're right.

thing is I've always acted this way. Even when I was just starting as a player, I would money match Bum, Anti, Wes and get my *** kicked. but I didn't care I still challenged them and believed fully that I would win. I made sure I learned and got better for the next fight. and I always post on every tourny thread saying "I'm gonna **** it" and when have I gotten first? not many times.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Just read this thread, still believe $5 entry discourages players that have a shot at the pot from coming out.

The $10 venue fee is w/e though, at first I was like "why???" seeing as this is a house tourney but since it was voted on by at least a few people and it gets a little added benefit I can't complain.

Still can't say I agree with it (although I understand the situation) since I've hosted two $5 venue fee/ $10 entry tourneys at an actual venue (not a house) and got 79 and 54 people to make it out to those two tourneys... But that was a different region so I guess that holds no weight here right? >.>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just read this thread, still believe $5 entry discourages players that have a shot at the pot from coming out.

The $10 venue fee is w/e though, at first I was like "why???" seeing as this is a house tourney but since it was voted on by at least a few people and it gets a little added benefit I can't complain.

Still can't say I agree with it (although I understand the situation) since I've hosted two $5 venue fee/ $10 entry tourneys at an actual venue (not a house) and got 79 and 54 people to make it out to those two tourneys... But that was a different region so I guess that holds no weight here right? >.>
I'm starting to get a lil annoyed with people going on about venue fee cause it is in a house. Bum has a living room with so much space plus his romm that he bust his *** to empty out so people can play in there. Along with set ups. Mutiple TVs and wii's He bust his *** to do all that and cost money. Same time he provides a sick stream online and feeding people.

And people still have the nerve to go on about the prices cause it is in a house. Spoiled *** people I swear. And if 5 bucks discaourages people from coming, then **** them. it's all about money to them. if people want money that is guaranteed, then they can get a job and actucally work for their money. This is why the smash community is such balls. I can honestly give 2 ****s who does not wanna come to my tourny cause of the entry fee. You are not important to me since you could not show some support. They can go to another harder tournament and just get *****. Then ***** about how they did not make anything.

I dont make a damm penny running these. And nether does bum. All the venue fee goes to his mom. And some of the venue fee is to feed smashers. Yet over and over again I have to hear this? People still have the near to complain?

I'm about to seriously stop doing these. I cant see how people can complain. The scene is dead here. I try to help NYC bring it back and this is what I keep hearing. I sometimes can believe how spoiled people can be or how they choose to act over money.

Don't be shocked if this be my last one I fun and say the hell with the community. Yet people would rather travel out of NYC which is more money then what they would be spending for these. unreal.

BTW, Meta Knight is not banned. Makes no sense to bann him when there is only 2 here. Also if he was, these wont count for ranks. it be a joke tourny. Now if people wanna complain about this too, dont show. And if noe wanna show, fine, I got better things I can do with my saturday.

B0NK

Smash Lord
People will always complain, get over it.

Also lol @ you implying idk what work goes in to hosting a tourney, I'm not being un-grateful, I'm stating my opinion from my own experience.

Here is a quick list of the tourneys I hosted, Sovaman being my brother (In MD/VA, in case you thought it was in someplace like Idaho or something insignificant):

Five Guys: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267625
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272988

Veterans: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274831
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277553

Both tourneys starting at 1 pm, finishing before 10 pm

I also know how much work goes into running these tourneys (especially when you have to actually find a venue with space, deal with management, getting enough set-ups, plus do the usual set-up the venue and clean afterward).

Your the TO, it's your tourney, run it like you want to, I'm not stopping you.

But if your going to find every complaint offensive then TO-ing going to be very stressful for you. Since people will ALWAYS complain before and after a tourney. Period. People complained about space for my first tourney, so I got a much bigger venue for the second one even if it cost me more, because I listen and evaluated those complaints.

But hey what do I know, I'm apparently one of those "Spoiled *** people" that has no appreciation for the hard work a TO has to do.

I was just giving my observation from my own experience, and maybe there is a reason why people are willing to travel so far for another tourney to "get *****" (lol @ dat mentality btw) Because that TO is hosting a tourney that is worth it.

I would have love to go to Xanadu in MD seeing as that is the region where I'm from, and I know that the TO (VGBootCamp in this case) will provide an excellent experience. But I don't have the money for that.

I would also love to host tourneys here and make a point like me and my brother did in MD/VA, but I know how much work and time investment it takes and with school, that's just not possible unfortunately.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I truly am torn as to whether I should go to this or not.
I really dislike the neighborhood around there, so what time will the bracket end?

I want to get out of there ASAP after the tourney.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm gonna start it at 1PM. The longest singles should last is 2 hours. I run things quick so I might have this done in 1:30 mins

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Bonk, us paying $10 for venue and food is exactly the same as us paying $5 for venue, then going over to McDonalds to get a meal for $5 in the middle of the tournament.

Also, what's the story on Mario Party 2? We gonna make that happen this time around?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Great, singles should end no later than 4 then :) Im up for some random side events like mario party lol, although it should probably be 3 or 4.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Bonk, us paying $10 for venue and food is exactly the same as us paying $5 for venue, then going over to McDonalds to get a meal for $5 in the middle of the tournament.

Also, what's the story on Mario Party 2? We gonna make that happen this time around?
I'm well aware, which is why I said the venue fee was w/e in my first post. But shouldn't that be OUR choice if we want to pay for food or not? and what we want to eat? (if we want to go buy food at all) Because as of now it's seeming we don't have a choice.

But since I missed out on w/e vote people had, I have no reason to complain about that (Since it seems it was a community vote of some sort). And don't see it as a huge deal, since I am willing to pay the venue fee since it was justified many times.

(As much as I'm against $10 venue fee for ANY tournament, house tourney or not, it's not going to change in this region, and I don't have the time to host a tourney myself to prove it can be done in this region).

I have all the right to state why I believe a $10 entry would be more competitive and encouraging for players from a TO's perspective. $5 entry with a $10 venue is simply discouraging to those with a good chance at the pot, since there chance to profit is being minimized.

Regardless it's Dark.Pch's tourney, he is allowed to run it how ever he pleases. As I said before, I'm just stating my opinion based on my observations and experience as a TO.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Great, singles should end no later than 4 then :) Im up for some random side events like mario party lol, although it should probably be 3 or 4.
Singles will be done by 3-3:30.

For a side event it depends on how many wanna enter doubles. If we get enough teams, doubles will happen. And that should last for another 2 hours. So I will have singles ran quick and smooth. then 30 min break. Then I will kick off doubles. which should end around 6 or sooner. Now for a side event. I can have 2 be ran. if people want their Mario party, you can have than ran in bums room. While a brawl side event is ran in the living room. But if people wanna enter both, then you guys will have to decided what events you want.

please be heree early. earliest you can show up is 11 am. Be on time. Last time I let the tourny start at 2 but this time I wont. And wont wait for anyone. all the people that said were attending, I am adding them on the TIO today. The brcket wont be made. Just adding names. Then will give a roll call at the tourny.from there bracketr wil be made within 5 mins, and tourny will kick off.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright then. MP2 side event in the extra room.

$5 entry
20 turns
Bonus stars on
Stage to be played on will be voted for
1st gets $15, 2nd gets $5 OR Winner takes all.

Pre-register now, and vote for what you think the payout should be.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Alright then. MP2 side event in the extra room.

$5 entry
20 turns
Bonus stars on
Stage to be played on will be voted for
1st gets $15, 2nd gets $5 OR Winner takes all.

Pre-register now, and vote for what you think the payout should be.
Hmm Haven't played MP2 in a long time I'll think about this.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Well, there WAS a stream. Dunno why it wasn't posted in this thread! :confused:
Everybody liked Jtails's look on the stream. :laugh:

Also post results! =O

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't have the TIO file for this tourny. It's on Bums PC. I uploaded the results on allisbrawl from bums house. When they pop up on there I will make the thread for it here

Top Bottom