• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DANTEBAYO v0.5 and Smashalot V1.5 with Riceburner and Felix 1/27/07

G@BE

Smash Lord
Okay
Athirdparty, Sethlon, Jake13 and I will be heading to SA tonight. I was still wanting to know if this thing is going to happen with you know the whole its on and then its not at the same time.
How many people will actually be attending this? So i know that SA will be there along with CC along with the 4 people from magnolia coming. No dallas and no Valley?

That goes with maybe around...25 people at the most....

Move the time limit back to 8 please !!!1 ^.^

I still hope Smiles remembers that we are housing with him... are we?

forkgirl

Smash Lord
The valley tournament was originally gonna be last week...And we were gonna go, but it got changed to this weekend :) Just so you know, we really did want to go.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Its no problem Rice. I can manage it, along with all the other people that have are invested in this and have offered to help (JF, my bro, Shiro, and the staff of Gamelot.) And I'm sorry about your friend Rice, I was not aware until after our last conversation. I would likely have done things differently had I know.

As for the rule set, for my last tournament I could not find the MLG rule set so I just decided to come up with something similar, and experiment a bit. The motivation behind the 6 min time limit was to make time a more important factor like in other games. From my experience the 8 minute time limit is never a factor, an average game lasts 3-3.5 minutes. I thought changing it to six would be more than enough for most people while making a few matchs make time matter.

For this tournament sure, regular rules.

As for attendance... last week we had 20, the only people who post on smashboards who attended were cave, rob$, puffball, reqy, forkgirl, wombat and myself... So i'm hoping for at least 30 this time.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Eh...I apologize to the Valley.

I mostly mean Tsetse is stupid. lolz :D

Yes, MLG Ruleset is 4 Stock 8 Min because that way it doesn't promote camping.
I saw SOS camp for 8 minutes, and that was amazing. lolz

I like DSR as well, though the only rule I don't like is not being alowwed to Ban Nuetral Stages. I hate Dreamland.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
And we are stuck with some top 4 guy from mexico who claims he beats all of CC and FLT. Oh Well. I know Rob$ can beat this guy.
Is this one of those "twin" individuals? I know one of them is named Javier, I believe. They use fox and falco.

If that is the case...then "lol" is all I can say to their bold assertion.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Is this one of those "twin" individuals? I know one of them is named Javier, I believe. They use fox and falco.

If that is the case...then "lol" is all I can say to their bold assertion.
Well three of the top 4 make that assertion.

Wombat Dyes his hair cuz he did not think it was pretty enough before.

Mr.C

Smash Master
where the **** is this place

is it 7007 bandera or is it some **** tezel

cause thats the address of mo ****ing gamelot

Mr.C

Smash Master
nice to see everyone

yall looking sexy

i like cicis but cuoldnt like cause the moms came

jake your very good nice playing you

austin cocaine is one hell of a drug

jf cascada is a fat black man under disguise

sethlon nice matchs

someone bu yme a hooker

im tired

i really sux at egyption rat fat or whateva

my shout outs are bad a

this has been a horrible day due to the 5 hours of traffic there and back

d&d, magic should be banned from the usa

ambitions of a rida

betty, jose, coahc nice to see yall

lep ur hot

cave i likes u

rob nice

fear ur a fat skank u should stop freaking counter picking mute city u skanky skank

idk anymore im really tired, naked and eating pizza

everyone else i teh love

peace

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for coming everyone. Here are the Results for the tournament today (or yesterday at this point in time.)

Smash Singles
1 Caveman $80
2 Smiles $50
3 Zulu $25
3 JF $25

Smash Doubles
1 Rob$ and Caveman $40
2 Zulu and Smiles $26

Guilty Gear Slash
1 Chester $30
2 Ray $20
3 Wes $10

I would say $306 in prize money wasn't too bad considering this was planned 3 days ago and tsetse snuck out a bunch of players ninja style : P Just messing with ya.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, Fear, Wombat, and Shiro.

This tournament was an organizational challenge compared to my last one, so I didn't get to talk to a lot of people, but I do appreciate all the input I got from Jakethirteen, Athirdparty, Sethlon and G@be. Thanks :D. Oh yeah, almost forgot Austin RC, cool hanging out with you too.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Go JF....,...

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
Tourny went quite smoothly and I had fun. Didn't really play Smash much except in teams, but yeah that's how I roll lol :p However, JF was commenting on my n00b Smash skillz during my teams match against Felix and DV8 lol.

Guilty Gear was fun of course >=D I may not have done as well as I had hoped, but I really enjoyed the level of competition that was there. Also I can tell that I really have improved a bit since December.

Also.....YUGIOH FTW!! lol I can't believe I actually had fun playing that game after so many years of..well...not playing it lol ^^

Really looking forward to next month's tourny.

SHOUTOUTS!! ZOMG!!
JF- always great talking to ya and messin' with ur hair....even though I was unsuccesfull in giving you a cow lick :(

ARC- wow you are hyper! lmao ^^ Sad that I didn't play you in anything. And yes, it is true that you'll call next and then run off forgetting that you called the next round lol

Smiles- I was hoping you'd join GG, but Smash is your game so I guess I can't blame you. I wanted to play you though

Sethlon- You have a good Johnny. I don't know why, but I have quite some problems going against your Johnny lol and like I said last night, unfortunately it took me quite a while to get warmed up.

too lazy right now to do anything more. LATERS!!

Jake13

Smash Lord
Shoutsss.

Alex, Chris, Gabe - <3<3 racoons are dangerous and driving on the wrong side of the road is too

Smiles - Jacking clubhouses ftw. I'll give you more hair tips next time ;)

Mr.C - those were fun matches, hope to get in loads more whenever H2 comes around.

Austin - hyperactivity blows minds. Poor retainer :'(

JF - Nice seeing you again, you have a pretty proud monkey ;)

Forkgirl - Those matches wer gooooood, much fun was had.

Cave - I'm sure I'll have more injuries to show you next time we meet.

Lep - No IC/fox on Corneria :( I wanted to call for back up

Rob - first time fun.

Felix - Good tourney job, you're a real nice guy.

Anyone forgotten - SOWWY!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Rawr.

AThirdParty - Don't sweat it man, everyone has there bad days/matches. Through perserverance we grow :}

Felix - Nice job running this, 'specially considering how last minute it was. I liked that the place stayed open really late.

Gabe - Gah, the pika's a beast. Jiggly counter FTW.

Jake - No johns FTW.

JF- Proudest monkey indeed. I thought for sure i had the second match after i took the first two stocks. The jiggs was just ****. Nice job on your placing!

Mr.C - I thought fountain was supposed to be a good stage vs falco :urg:. Really great matches...i thought i had you on the third one , till you hit me with that spike.

AustinRC- Nice guilty gear matches. You can actually air combo now :crazy: We need to get some smash in next time.

Shiro - Gah, your PS2 is gimp :urg:. Great matches, and thanks for bringin Slash.

>.< I barely played anybody at all in smash at this. WTF at no one bringing tvs!
Nevertheless, twas very fun. I'll try to be back for the next.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Hurray JF for beating MrC and Rob$.
If DoH could do it, you certainly could.

We need to involve that in the new power rankings.

Jake13 - I love our team match when I threw you at JF and it killed him somehow
JF - Already said, awesome
Sethlon - Too bad we didn't play
ARC - You are too loud, lol. OMG I placed higher than you!!! lolz
Felix - Put the bracket up here. lolz

Thats all, anybody elser I didnt shoutout will eithe rnot see this, or I will see them soon.

Also, did anybody find a Viva La Bam hat or a black controller with the d pad colored red and in the center is a black dot?

It's mine, I need it...

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I recognized the hat as yours, I stuck a sticky note on it with your name. Wasn't sure about the controller but just ask for it and you'll get it back.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
JF thinks that you suck or something, so in his head he was like "If DoH can do it , then I(JF) can do it!"

So yeah...thats what it is.

Top Bottom