• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing Blades/front B move

the real ODST

Smash Rookie
When i front B do I just tap B at a fast/rate or do I tap both front B rapidly at the same time . Because online it gets complicated. So If any tips on the best way to do dancing blades will help me a lot.

Master Raven

Smash Master
You have to time each hit within a certain window, in other words you can't just mash side B really fast.

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
Also remember that if you're just planning on performing the normal side B, you don't need to keep holding the c-stick left or right, it's enough if you simply initiate the attack and then only tap B.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Usually, I try to time pressing B around just before the current sword swing ends. I can see how it can be a problem online, though. Fortunately for me, I haven't really been having too many problems.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
You have to keep a general rhythm going within a window of time. The way I practiced was counting out every time I hit the b button to keep a consistent rhythm rather than just mindlessly mashing it.

Alaya

Smash Cadet
Each time you hit b in the combo you can also hold side, up, or down to change what the next move in the combo is. It's probably best to just stick with hold one direction though since they seem to flow better that way. All three major combo strings are useful in different ways - I find that the side combo is good for covering ground and approaching into rollers, the up combo launches higher and is better against spot dodges, and the down combo is safer at landing on shields.

Most importantly, if you start a side b combo midair and land, you can finish your combo with no ending lag, making it a strong air to ground approach option.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
In general, I like to use the up-combo for floaties and combos, down-combo for damage, and side combo for everything else. Fast fallers can escape the side and up ones at low percents IIRC.

It's pretty good for punishing people who like to roll around you a lot, too, in my experience.

Nasreth

Smash Cadet
online can be really frustrating becuase lag can and will prevent you from finishing the combo since it will not read your inputs fast enough or at the right time due to a lag spike.

when i play with my good friend who always lags a bit (about 0.5s input delay constant) i find it pretty much impossible to use this move beyond the first 2 hits.

Last edited:

Alaya

Smash Cadet
online can be really frustrating becuase lag can and will prevent you from finishing the combo since it will not read your inputs fast enough or at the right time due to a lag spike.

when i play with my good friend who always lags a bit (about 0.5s input delay constant) i find it pretty much impossible to use this move beyond the first 2 hits.
The lag only really gets to me when I'm playing against like a little mac or similarly speed, where they get to run up and attack and run or roll back instantly if I shield unless I time things 100% perfectly... makes it feel like a really boring game of chicken where anytime I do manage to hit them I better kill them off of it right there or I'll deal with another 10 free punches that I can't react to before I manage to tag them again.

I understand that characters like little mac are fun and you feel really skillful on them, but honestly you get no respect for me when you take a character like that into omega maps like FD with lag on top of it and spam jab combos into rolling away while being willing to wait 5 minutes for sudden death if I don't approach into your high speed super armor -.-

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I cant get the 4th hit to combo on a standing opponent (works fine on airborne opponent). Is there a series of inputs/directions that works? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Top Bottom