• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing Blade with A?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
So, either I'm crazy and its always been like that or Marth's dancing blade has been changed to activate on A button presses. Why was it changed to that? Doing utilts and fsmashes after a the first slash feel really weird now because I keep pulling out a second slash on accident.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Maybe pressing A made them able to time it better? I personally always used B and would actually have liked it to be separate. Always wanted it separate in Melee too. I've gotten pretty adjusted to the timing now though... So either way I'd be okay with at this point.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
There were people who did use A in melee.
I'm sure they're far and few between, though. I know this seems like a small thing, but a lot of us (even those like me who main Marth in Melee) really liked this change.

Maybe I'm wrong and the vast majority of PM Marth players were clamoring to have A trigger the Dancing Blade, but I personally really feel like this is a step backwards. I'm not saying it's a huge thing, or some sort of dealbreaker - just a silly thing to go back on, I guess.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hmm... I've been playing around with it for a bit and C-Stick dancing blade seems a bit easier to do from the 3rd slash onwards, but that's probably because I rarely do those ever.

Neglectedpeach

Smash Rookie
Anyone else have this issue? im using project m and everything works fine but Marth's standard b move remains the same as it i in brawl with the annoying jab and not the overhead slash. any help?

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I would say to have it separate, as well, since I mainly use B, myself, and in Brawl, I could pull an entire Dancing Blade or any of its variants just be pressing B, but I do understand that there are some people who just use A with it, so, I would say to make it come out as fast as Brawl, and make it so you could do either mash B or mash A, depending on your preference.

Top Bottom