• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Damage Ratio

SvdChrono

Smash Rookie
I have a question I just got done watching pc fight kdj and I noticed on fd when chris does his shine wd combo the fox doesnt fly anywhere. I tried to do this to my friend but it seems when i shine with falco the fox flies alot higher then in the video. Does anyone know if this is a damage ratio change or why the fox in the vid doesnt fly as high?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The combo in the video was probably done at a low percentage, and you might be trying it at a higher percentage than in the video. That's all I can think of.

SvdChrono

Smash Rookie
I did the combo they did at low % could it be that they are playing at lower dmg ratio. Because I tried to lower my ratio from 1 to .8 and i was able to do as much dmg as their moves were doing in the movie?

SvdChrono

Smash Rookie
Well considering I didn't just watch the video or have something to compare it to right now. But my guess would be good old fashion DI.
Another thing I would like to add why would the fox DI the falcos shine to fall lower to be comboed doesnt make sense?

SvdChrono

Smash Rookie
I realize this, but could the dmg ration indeed be set to lower then 1.0? because I was watching the video and in the video the shine does 6 dmg and on 1.0 ratio the shine does 8 and throws the opponent alot higher, while at .8 its 6 dmg with lower throwing. I was also wondering could it be that the dmg ratio is reduced?

Soma

Smash Journeyman
You know most if not all moves suffer a reduction of damage the more you use it in a battle. I'm not sure about knockback, but I wouldn't doubt it, if it is effected too. And I'm pretty sure that no tournament ever played with reduced damage ratio.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Damage ratio refers to damage : knockback . The higher the ratio the more the knockback at the same damage. When you play with lower DR your opponent doesn't fly as far, but at higher DR your opponent flies far or is KO'd very easy by most upBs and throws like Mario's bthrow.

With that said I think it was just DI, especially since no one really messes with DR.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Nobody has mentioned this, so I'll throw it out there: crouch cancelling falco's shine makes a big difference in where you fly for combos.

Banks

Smash Hero
phanna that could be right, but im pretty sure he just did it at a low enough percentage to shine him again. its done all the time, you just cant be high percents

tshahi10

Smash Ace
It could just be a phantom hit?
Nobody has mentioned this, so I'll throw it out there: crouch cancelling falco's shine makes a big difference in where you fly for combos.
these quotes are probably with the most truth to it
i noticed that when i face fox with falco, sometimes he will get hit by the shine then just fall down instead of being sent up. this happens even more often even more often if there is a slight diagonal slant as in yoshi story or corneria. the most logical explanation would be a combination of crouch canceling, phantom hit and di(with smash), but not all of those are needed, because i sometimes pull these off against a noob fox(my sis)

percentage does not matter much i think- happened to fox at 0-50%

Top Bottom