• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair not working?

Spinnah

Smash Rookie
CF used to be my main in Melee, and I used his Dair a lot. Now in Brawl though, half the time his Dair doesn't work when I short hop, and sometimes even during a normal jump. What I mean is that when I use it, CF pulls his feet up, but they never come down into the attack. Why? It happens 99% of the time when I use it with down + A, and half the time with the C-stick.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
You're probably doing it too late into your jump. You actually have to do it pretty early on, or at the height of your jump.

But, on the whole, just don't dair anymore, especially while on the ground. It sucks.

Spinnah

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks. Captain Falcon got so many things taken away from him in Brawl.

Mann

Smash Ace
It's not that it isn't working, it's just that it's horrible. The majority of the times you'll be using this is when you're opponent makes a mistake. It's hard to tech chase with it too. I really do miss Dairs to Falcon punches on Fox/Falco's.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's because. I have a crazy control scheme or something (jump with l, classic controller), but once you get the timing I thought Dair was still good. You just have to activate it right away.

Top Bottom