• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Cancel

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Doesn't have much potential for the Koops, tbh. I tested it a little already and doesn't really get you anywhere that short-hop d-air can't, more reliably and for more damage. To me, it's a mix-up at best. Feel free to prove me wrong on it though, I'd love a new tech to try.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This isn't the same mechanic as the Falco case, which is a glitch where frames spent landing during hitlag count against your usual landing lag timer.

Bowser Jr. meanwhile has a special flag on the landing animation hitbox of his dair, that allows you to interrupt it freely after hitting any hurtbox. (Regardless of when the dair started, including whether or not the hitboxes were out yet) This has been known since very early, and is the cornerstone of a lot of Bowser Jr. chains.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
thats not the same way as falco has it. Bowser Jr has a "Allow Interruption if hitbox connects" on his landing Dair.

but needless to say, it has ALOT of potential! a combo I have been polishing with help of his Dair

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Unfortunately that's not really a combo (as much as I wish it was) since they can act after the dair/before they hit the ground, or simply tech away. If you DO find yourself able to get the jab lock off, I suggest doing an up b to hammer to tack on the most damage possible instead of an fsmash :)

Top Bottom