• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da Slip N Slide Genius (A Luigi Combo Video By SDSG)

Zander805

Smash Ace
Kill Whitey, ey? Good thing I'm Greek! :chuckle:

Pretty good video man, you got a good Luigi. I think you could be a little more aggressive with your combo skills, and maybe you'll be able to get off an extra hit now and then. Grats on a good video. :)

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
I know about your thread. I don't like Google Video because it hijacks my connection so I can't do ANYTHING else, even use AIM. Youtube, on the other hand, doesn't.

It's all subjective. I prefer youtube because I can still do stuff while it's loading. You prefer google video because you love man meat.
you're just ignorant, and don't know how to manage your internet connection.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow, nice job at flame-baiting.

I know exactly how to manage it. However, seeing as my provider is the local mom 'n' pop telephone company, and I've done numerous things to try and convince them to fix multiple problems with how they host it, I fail to see how it's my fault. Don't claim someone else is ignorant, especially when you don't know all the details.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
WARNING: Sarcastic Post Ahead - Watch Out For Misinterpretation

Nah, you're OBVIOUSLY ignorant and plainly have NO IDEA how to manage your internet connection because there is NO OTHER POSSIBLE REASON other than your own IGNORANCE you ignorant, ignoramus! Stop ignoring things! ;)

Also...

The guy gets misfires about 2/3rds of the time.
Now, THAT is impressive. I wish I could implore such alternative essentials to conspicuously ameliorate MY Luigi.

VilNess

Smash Champion
I liked this! there was technical stuff there, like edgewavedash to UpB.
I´d like to see him play against better foxes that DI tho.

Also nice edgeguard just before 9:00 ;) My favourite.

Samochan

Smash Master
I must say, this guy plays a seriously kick *** Luigi. Not only he knows what to do in every situation, he also has very good mindgames. The video was very entertaining as well and showed me a different side of how Luigi can be played. I loved those misfires, up B's and dair meteors, lovely stuff.:chuckle:

To add my 2cents to the debate... what is the use of techniques if you cannot use them well and use them in right situations? I see a very good Luigi on that video even without excessive platform dashing and wavelanding. I never saw a need to platform dash, either. And as someone has already said, Aniki doesn't wd at all and Masashi is all mindgames and they're very good players. Ken uses his techs at right time and doesn't wavedash all over the place, whereas Chu is the more mobile type, playing IC and all. Random movement would just get your punished, even techs need to be used cleverly in order to work.

RagingSilence

Smash Cadet
All in all it was a good video. Used luigi to some of his strengths but not all of them

Biggest issue I had with the vid was:
1:....I get it...Luigi is green....but why does everything have to be green?

2: His opponents didn't seem to be on the same playing level.

Suggestions for the next video....if there is going to be one
Don't use the crappy oldschool mario stage...especially when the character you use to do the combos has a majority of attacks that send you flying...thats just kinda lame really

personally what I like to see in a combo video is something I don't expect. Everytime they were popped into the air I knew the f-air was commin....which it promptly did.

The reason people are suggesting technical game is because when you play someone who is just that much better than you it comes into play big time. For the character's he fought he really didn't seem to need that big of technical game though it would of made some of his combos flow better and kept the pressure on most of the time.

I really liked the fireballs that he put into the combos. Haven't seen that actually used before like that effectively but same goes for me when I play doc, some combo's just plain don't work on people on a certain playing level. That being said I give credit where it is due.

I guess in general you still have alot of space to improve.

Rofl at the 3 misfire's in a row and wtf does link killing himself have to do with a luigi combo? 6:14-6:22 for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Except for DSG (one of the foxes), everyone in that video can beat him (some more consistently than others). You see the fair coming for the same reason you see Sheik's fair coming: it's his easiest aerial kill move to set up, and works exceptionally well. Every now and then, a dair may work, or a nair if they're at an incredibly high percentage (but then you normally can't combo).

Technicals are good, but what he has works rather well. I find it funny that so many people use only the technical aspect to judge someone, and from a combo video, no less. It's true that having expanded technical skill gives you more options, but it can also make things unneccesarily complex for you. Jeris plays with the Yomi layer 3 style, and it works really well, although it's not the most visually impressive style. Either way, when you're playing against someone much better than you, choosing Luigi is kinda stupid, wouldn't you agree? This isn't about playing to win, it's about showboating a little bit.

As for the Link suiciding, I don't have time to pull it up right now, but if the Link suicided and then the Luigi went nuts, it's because charity kills piss him the hell off, and he goes and beasts the back of your head.

I'll agree with the green bit though... I wasn't very keen about it either.

Samochan

Smash Master
Technicals are good, but what he has works rather well. I find it funny that so many people use only the technical aspect to judge someone, and from a combo video, no less. It's true that having expanded technical skill gives you more options, but it can also make things unneccesarily complex for you.
Since the edit button no working, I just quote you... From what I've heard from EK (and I did come to the same conclusion before hearing him out), that if you play all techy and speedy and stuff, you focus too much on techniques and your mindgames can drop to zero. If one can utilize both incredibly speedy techniques, with Fox for example, and still retain one's usual mindgames, you're good to go, but before going all techy and stuff, one should get used to the speed first.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Exactly. My Falco thinks very little when compared to my Peach or Sheik, because I find myself focusing more on combos and setups as opposed to manipulating the opponent.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Actually I'd say he is quite technical and has decent mindgames. But looking at those Fox's, I mean their approaches were just running a and bair, they had NO clue how to fight Luigi, barely how to play fox.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
whats up herosublime, remember me? we were together in that hotel? anyways, "decent mindgames" is not true for him. Ive played this guy and hes **** smart. Anyways tony stfu and let people post their comments.

Top Bottom