• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3s Jab

Buuman

Smash Ace
This may sound overly ignorant but, D3's jab, as all of you may know is fast, but isnt fast enough in my opinion, we all know of canceling the second or first jab at the end of the animation by either shielding quickly or tapping down (crouch cancel), sure it can be jab canceled...but into what, his jab isnt nearly as fast as everyone elses, say you do an arial, fall..BOOM...theres your landing lag...your opponent tries to come and punish u..and you jab, like you would do in melee to counteract you landing lag,....but it doesnt come out quick like his grab..basically my point is..what do you guys cancel your jabs into..I personally like jab..jab..-crouch cancel- into a grab, d tilt, up tilt, but other than that I find it useless, D3's jab has friggon potential..I know it does...just incorporating it into my fighting style is awkward..I'm used to having a quick jab..but need to adjust, so what do you guys cancel your jab into?

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
You can cancel it into an f-tilt. The range is good. Dtilt is good too, (cause it can actually kill ^^). U-tilt has awful horizontal range, I don't canceling jabs into it. If you can cancel it into a successful grab, that would be optimal.

If you know the guy is going to shield and try to punish your aerial, you don't have to do any aerial. You can just ff land and dash shield grab or anything else.

DDD's jab is definitely not very fast. He doesn't have fast attacks. That's why pikachu and GW hurt so bad.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Oh I know, I was reading it somewhere, that you can only crouch cancel your jabs...I was like..that sounds a bit far fetched..considering you can't crouch to cancel your dash, I havent noticed a difference really with the cancellation of the jab by pressing shield either, I just try to time the jabs right, so at the end you can grab, tilt, or go into another jab

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Well Waddle the crouch cancelling your thinking of is different from crouch canceling the jab.
I mean everybody knows that crouching doesn't reduce hitstun in brawl, then crawling will be broken lol
But you can crouch cancel jab similar to cancelling the jab by pressing the shield button
However, cancelling the jab is faster with the shield button, because to crouch you must wait for the jab animation to completely finish while for the shield cancel you do it in the final frames of the jab thus
you have a faster transition
Btw one or two jabs --> jab cancel --> d-smash is always a good quick kill combo
although it can be broken out of

Top Bottom