• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D - Throw Tech Chases?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I know that Zard's down throw is a tech chase but all his moves are slow, I really don't know how to follow it up. I tried side b, down smash, and d tilt, but none of those work very well.

Life

Smash Hero
Framewise, you have only seven frames of advantage against neutral tech, meaning jab or grab are your go-to options against that. Otherwise, you'll have to read or react to the rolls.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Framewise, you have only seven frames of advantage against neutral tech, meaning jab or grab are your go-to options against that. Otherwise, you'll have to read or react to the rolls.
IIRC, Charizard's DThrow is weight-dependent, so the frame advantage after DThrow depends on the weight of the character being thrown; in other words, there's more "lag" after using DThrow on heavier characters and less "lag" after using DThrow on lighter characters.

EDIT: Scratch that, #exposed #fraud

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
IIRC, Charizard's DThrow is weight-dependent, so the frame advantage after DThrow depends on the weight of the character being thrown; in other words, there's more "lag" after using DThrow on heavier characters and less "lag" after using DThrow on lighter characters.
whoah! now that's really cool! I didn't know that!

Life

Smash Hero
I am 99% sure that's not true, because I've said that many times and have never been contradicted before; but I'll double check.

EDIT: It's seven frames on both Bowser and Jigglypuff. Tested on the most recent version of PM with no character or stage edits, only custom music. Debug Mode da bess.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
I am 99% sure that's not true, because I've said that many times and have never been contradicted before; but I'll double check.

EDIT: It's seven frames on both Bowser and Jigglypuff. Tested on the most recent version of PM with no character or stage edits, only custom music. Debug Mode da bess.
Wow my bad, I've been wrong all this time then.

Life

Smash Hero
Well, if it were weight dependent with roughly the same average lag, that would mean Bowser could possibly guaranteed upB Charizard out of neutral tech against dthrow. So maybe it's not such a bad thing :)

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I've only played one Charizard that used that on me 3-4 times. Can you even tech after it or do you need to guess what to when you're getting up?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've only played one Charizard that used that on me 3-4 times. Can you even tech after it or do you need to guess what to when you're getting up?
You have to treat it like Fox/Falco/G&W's DThrow and input the tech before the throw actually finishes. It's not too bad, it just take some getting used to.

Top Bottom