• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw B-air Combo

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Like with Dash Attack U-air, I felt this warranted it's own thread.

Yes I know he would have survived with DI do you know what I went through to get this

I was spamming airdodge on a second controller in the above video. It was inescapable.

This wasn't a direct result of the patch, but I came across it when I was checking for changes. Turns out, D-throw B-air is a true combo at a large range of percents, including kill percents. It is DIable, read more on that below.

Input: D-throw --> Pivot Jump (moving forward) --> B-air
You may need to Short Hop or Full Hop the B-air depending on you opponents percentage and hurtbox placement.

Percents:
This combo actually works for a really long time. Note that the lower percent ranges are mostly pointless since N-air or U-air are usually better followups at that point. Kill percents can be added later. Tested in training mode, so no rage.
:4robinm:25-100%
I'm Lazy, but you get the idea. It's a pretty big range.

What could really make this strong is that B-air is Ganon's fastest aerial. This not only makes it nearly 100% safe, but even if you whiff, you can just throw out another B-air.

I continued mashing Airdodge on Fox during the first airdodge, yet before the second airdodge could come out, Fox got hit by the second B-air.

Before you get your hopes too high though...

DI: I have no idea how DI affects this combo. While it's doubtful people can DI Ganon's fast D-throw 100% of the time, people who know the matchup could avoid it a vast majority of the time with good DI. I can't perform this combo and DI on a second controller at the same time, so if you have someone that can DI the combo for you, it'd be great if you could test out how this combo interacts with DI. It doesn't need to be a "true combo", beating airdodge and everything. As long as it forces them into a position where their options are limited and Ganon can stay safe, it's still at least somewhat effective.

I'm not sure if this will be useful long-term, but I do think it merits looking in to.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's definitely a good KO-option, if they're not DI'ing optimaly.
I tend to go for Fair, tho, cuz of the better range and easier execution (altho slower). but I Think Fair's range makes up up for the lack of speed - "making it fast".

It also works on very low %s, on lighter characters:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
What I really want to know is if this cN be used to force the opponent into a situation where, even with DI, they're forced to guess between 2-3 options to survive, a 50/50 or 33/33/34 of sorts.

Parisienne

Umbran Witch
Coincidentally I also noticed it when I was looking for changes. Due to the placebo effect and CPU being unable to DI my down throw felt much better. Now we find ways to 50/50 of the DIs that escape this and we good!

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Coincidentally I also noticed it when I was looking for changes. Due to the placebo effect and CPU being unable to DI my down throw felt much better. Now we find ways to 50/50 of the DIs that escape this and we good!
FF the jump into castle flip? Sounds legit to me.

Top Bottom