• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

d-smash...spammable?

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
yea I spam it alot, but because of that my opponents know my strat so it never works out in the long run. :(

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
well, i do it at times where nothing can be done about it. kinda like if they get to close to me...they know its about to happen, but b4 they can react, i shock the hell out of em

Dojo Sam

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, it's conditional. If you do it at times during which nothing can be done about it, then you're using it correctly. If you find that your opponents are frequently punishing you when you attempt it, then you need to back off a bit. Simple. But like Muhznit said, a d-smash as the norm might not be the best idea because generally anything predictable can be punished.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
I spam it in the sense of it being one my moves that my opponents always get hits by and that i use frequently.

rysaN

Smash Cadet
Down Smash? Spammable? I simply do not see that as a possibility.
i sense sarcasm?

i wouldn't say it's spammable, but i definitely use it alot. it's priority is sick and i don't think it gets shield grabbed very well. i don't spam it as much as i would spam neutral b or something, but it's definitely an awesome move for pikachu.

also, if you don't spam it too much and if you have too hard of a time killing at the higher percents, it kills at maybe 140%+? not sure on that number, haven't really tested it

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
D-smash is most definitely spammable. I mean, sh fair -> d-smash eats through a lot of shield and catches their feet. D-smash out of shield is also quite nice, and a good way to push your opponent off. Over all d-smash = win (unless you become mad predictable)

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
D-smash is most definitely spammable. I mean, sh fair -> d-smash eats through a lot of shield and catches their feet. D-smash out of shield is also quite nice, and a good way to push your opponent off. Over all d-smash = win (unless you become mad predictable)
yeah i do it out of shielding a lot, since its hit box is much bigger then Pika's grab.

but i still grab if i sense a possibility. its mostly for attacks that push you over a good bit...like wolf and fox

bsmit76

Smash Rookie
pika's dsmash is comparable to peach's dsmash in ssbm. try dashing then d smash then follow up with a little thunder.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Pikachu is by far my best main, and I will say that Dsmash is a very spammable move. It has a deceptively large hitbox, that can and will draw opponents in it touches them. It has almost no lag time when coming out, if any at all. It's damage is enough to work with, in my opinion, and the knockback can lead to Thunder KOs at high enough percentages.

Top Bottom