• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee CWRU Power Rankings [Fall Update]

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
This is the official Case Western Reserve University PR

This update is based primarily off of results from the weekly tournaments last semester, most recent tournaments and End Of The Line weighted most heavily. Since this update is based off of tournaments before the summer break, it may not accurately reflect current standings, this will be addressed in the next update.

From this point on, the rankings will be updated at the end of every quarter (approximately every two months).

---
In regards to weighting, placement, and eligibility:

1. Tournaments involving money (paid entry, payouts, etc.) will be given the most weight in consideration. Especially larger or out of state/out of region events.
If a player attends a tournament outside of the Case weeklies and would like to bring it to the attention of the panel, they must post in the facebook group or contact any of us via private message.

2. Most recent tournaments are given more weight than less recent events. For tournament results to be considered, they must have happened within the quarter.

3. A player is only eligible to be ranked if they are a student currently enrolled at Case Western, and has attended at least four tournaments within the current quarter.

4. Placings are weighted more heavily than head-to-head victories, although major upsets are taken into account.
---

The PR was put together by a panel of the following members:
DerfMidWest (Max Backderf), EdgeGuardJason (Jason Clinton), Prez (Kevin Chang), Ralis (Peter Gauchat), TheRealThing (Jonathan Clinton), and zBeez (Eric Jiang)

If there are any questions concerning the PR, please post here or in the facebook group and one of the panel members will provide answers.
---

CWRU Power Rankings [WINTER 2015]

1. Toss Event :falcomelee: +3
Steven Tso

2. sans :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: +5
Kevin Sun

3. Noodle :marthmelee: +/-0
Michael Oei

4. Ghast :falconmelee: +4
David Penderghast

5. Bbop :samusmelee: +/-0
Charlie McCarthy

6. Eleven :foxmelee: +5
Kyle Klingensmith

7. Milestrom :sheikmelee: *NEW*
Danny Miles

8. zBeez :sheikmelee: +/-0
Eric Jiang

9. HRB :foxmelee: *RETURNING*
Kevin Luo

10. OoZe :falcomelee: *NEW*
John Luan

Honorable Mentions:
N/A*

*Honorable Mentions were players who were considered, but lacked either results or tournament attendance to be ranked

Past Updates:

1. TheRealThing :falcomelee: :foxmelee: +/-0
Jonathan Clinton

2. EdgeGuardJason :sheikmelee: :falcomelee: +/-0
Jason Clinton

3. Noodle :marthmelee: +1
Michael Oei

4. Toss Event :falcomelee: -1
Steven Tso

5. Bbop :samusmelee: *NEW*
Charlie McCarthy

6. Boston's Finest :falcomelee: *NEW*
Enio Chinca

7. FMJ :sheikmelee: +/-0
Kevin Sun

8. zBeez :sheikmelee: -2
Eric Jiang

9. Ghast :falconmelee: +1
David Penderghast

10. Prez :icsmelee: *NEW*
Kevin Chang

11. Kyle :foxmelee: -6
Kyle Klingensmith

12. Dr. Wu :luigimelee: -2
Julian Masuello

Honorable Mentions:
HRB :foxmelee: (-4), Berry :foxmelee:, GranDShrimp :sheikmelee:*

1. TheRealThing :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
Jonathan Clinton

2. EdgeGuardJason :sheikmelee: :falcomelee:
Jason Clinton

3. Toss Event :falcomelee:
Steven Tso

4. Noodle :marthmelee:
Michael Oei

5. Kyle :foxmelee:
Kyle Klingensmith

6. zBeez :sheikmelee:
Eric Jiang

7. FMJ :mad088:
Kevin Sun

8. Dr. Wu :luigimelee:
Julian Masuello

9. HRB :foxmelee:
Kevin Luo

10. Ghast :falconmelee:
David Penderghast

Honorable Mentions:
BBop :samusmelee:, Berry :foxmelee:, JG :marthmelee:*

Last edited:

AgileJason

Smash Rookie
For those of you looking at this and not seeing your name on it, I encourage you to use this PR as a way to look at yourself as you have work to do. This PR encourages competition but not to the point where "I think I am better than him, so I'll try to only beat that person." All of you (on or off the PR) should be looking to take that #1 spot if you're serious about melee. Remember, you're only at CWRU 4-5 years, so if you're serious about melee you should branch out and play with NEOH/PGH and your own hometowns during the Summer. I hope this encourages all of you and I look forward to seeing you at more events! :)

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
;( only 2 more years for me (including this year)

Top Bottom