• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut Veterans: Who do you think WON'T make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Why would Wolf get cut?

He's a semi-clone at worst. He is the SF villain rep and is more unique than Falco. There is really no reason to cut him.

Kinda forgot ike, but eh I don't think that he should be cut anyways and I haven't even played a FE game
If you've never played FE, that's why you think Ike should stay. Play Awakening- your opinion will most likely shift.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Squirtle and Ivysaur are probably cut, or the best Ice Climbers like team ever. But probably cut.

Snake is probably cut, which is a shame as I like his moveset.

Other than, and including that I don't want or think there should be any cuts. And I want all melee characters back. And even more newcomers. Numquam immodoratio satisest. Excess Is not enough.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
If you've never played FE, that's why you think Ike should stay. Play Awakening- your opinion will most likely shift.
Maybe it would. I don't actually know if he is important enough to rep the series. All I know now is that he is unique enough to stay.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I think that Lucas, Ike, Snake, Ivisaur and squirtle are going to get cut, Dr Mario will probably be an alt costume, Pichu a trophy, young link a trophy if he is lucky, same with Roy, the only melee veteran that will return will be mewtwo

Chase

Smash Ace
Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. Anyone else would be stretching it.

Xigger

Smash Lord
You know, posts like these make me want to see an official popularity list for Brawl characters.... actually, I just want to see popularity lists at all. Where ARE they?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You know, posts like these make me want to see an official popularity list for Brawl characters.... actually, I just want to see popularity lists at all. Where ARE they?
There have been some polls being taken from various places, I remember some guy sometime last year sampled a bunch of data here on Smashboards (and other places I think too) with questions about each entry. Only thing I truly remember character-wise from it was that Marth topped both Melee and Brawl with C. Falcon and Falco following a bit behind him in both, while C. Falcon topped 64.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
snake wolf or falco ike

Xigger

Smash Lord
There have been some polls being taken from various places, I remember some guy sometime last year sampled a bunch of data here on Smashboards (and other places I think too) with questions about each entry. Only thing I truly remember character-wise from it was that Marth topped both Melee and Brawl with C. Falcon and Falco following a bit behind him in both, while C. Falcon topped 64.
I want polls, and I want them now!

Seriously, why AREN'T they in a stickied thread somewhere?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. And Maybe Lucas. Anything else is a bit to many cuts.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Lucas, Wolf, Snake, and Wario
Okay, Wario? No. There is no way.

Snake? Absolutely, because bull**** legal reasons.

Wolf? Possibly, but maybe not.

Lucas? Possibly, but maybe not.

You forgot Ivysuar and Squirtle to your list because those guys are like 100% confirmed to be cut.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If i HAD to cut for like the RosalinaX leak says, i'd cut Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Ike

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Okay, Wario? No. There is no way.

Snake? Absolutely, because bull**** legal reasons.

Wolf? Possibly, but maybe not.

Lucas? Possibly, but maybe not.

You forgot Ivysuar and Squirtle to your list because those guys are like 100% confirmed to be cut.
i fell that lucas hs a good chance to not get cut since he was gonna replace ness in melee but stuff happend

Xigger

Smash Lord
Wario? No. He is a fan favorite, not a clone, popular, and there is no reason to cut him.
Actually, Wario was the least favorite newcomer in the original Brawl E3 trailer. Who knows who the least favorite newcomer overall was. All the least favorite characters from Melee were cut.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wario? No. He is a fan favorite, not a clone, popular, and there is no reason to cut him.
He also represents his own series; so cutting him would also cut the WarioWare series which is implausible as we already have Ashley and Waluigi.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I played Fire Emblem, and Awakening.

I think Ike is gonna stay. He's second only to Marth, and IS loves him the most.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Awakening isn't as good as a Ike's games. Either of them. Ike should stay.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Actually, Wario was the least favorite newcomer in the original Brawl E3 trailer. Who knows who the least favorite newcomer overall was.
That'd almost definitely be ROB. But he won't be cut.

Xigger

Smash Lord
@ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior , thank you. (No idea if names with spaces work)

He also represents his own series; so cutting him would also cut the WarioWare series which is implausible as we already have Ashley and Waluigi.
Implausible, perhaps, but icons represent characters AND stages. (I'm not sure about items) So it's not a very strong point, seeing how Brawl's Warioware stage could be merit enough to keep an item.

That'd almost definitely be ROB. But he won't be cut.
According to @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior 's poll, yes. It probably matches up with other polls too.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ice climbers are probably going to be cut because Rosalina sorta replaced them, y'know with the way that she's two characters in one. And because this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2
Not even the same.

Rosalina is a puppetteer, two characters who are entirely different with their own weaknesses and strengths designed to be used to help each other separately. Ice Climbers are a tag team, two identical character designed to give more option if both are together. Different archetypes.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Not even the same.

Rosalina is a puppetteer, two characters who are entirely different with their own weaknesses and strengths designed to be used to help each other separately. Ice Climbers are a tag team, two identical character designed to give more option if both are together. Different archetypes.
I know what you mean, but with the ability to desync the Ice climbers they actually work very similarly. Also, like in the article I linked the 3DS lags when it uses the Ice climbers, which I'm guessing was when all 4 players played as Ice Climbers, which would mean that it had to render 8 characters at once. Their solution for that problem was likely to add Rosalina instead because the luma doesn't require near as many polygons as Nana (the second ice climber), thus not making the 3DS version lag when multiple people play as rosalina.

Xigger

Smash Lord
To back up @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus , Rosalina and Luma are more similar to Pikmin and Olimar than Ice Climbers. Rosalina simply has 1 Luma rather than 3 Pikmin, they both are infinite, while Nana is not expendable and losing her is an actual loss.

Morbi

Scavenger
@ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior , thank you. (No idea if names with spaces work)

Implausible, perhaps, but icons represent characters AND stages. (I'm not sure about items) So it's not a very strong point, seeing how Brawl's Warioware stage could be merit enough to keep an item.

According to @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior 's poll, yes. It probably matches up with other polls too.
Did I insinuate that it was a strong point? It is to be used in addition to every other reason. The omission of a franchise from the roster doesn't seem likely.

"I am Groot!"

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I think, like most people have said, Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are gone.
*unpopular opinion alert*
I would love to see Jiggs cut (probably wont happen) in addition to Falco (unfortunately Wolf would probably go before him)

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I can see and would like to see Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle getting cut. I think that it's probably best to leave Snake out of this one, although it would still be sad to not see the codecs and remixed MGS music return. I don't want to see Ivysaur or Squirtle returning because I want Mewtwo and Jigglypuff instead of them, plus from what I've seen Charizard beats Squirtle and Ivysaur when comparing their usage or popularity.

And although I probably shouldn't think this, and although he'll probably return, I kind of want to see R.O.B. getting cut. Demote him to be an Assist Trophy or something. Haha.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I can see and would like to see Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle getting cut. I think that it's probably best to leave Snake out of this one, although it would still be sad to not see the codecs and remixed MGS music return. I don't want to see Ivysaur or Squirtle returning because I want Mewtwo and Jigglypuff instead of them, plus from what I've seen Charizard beats Squirtle and Ivysaur in comparing their usage or popularity.

And although I probably shouldn't, and although he'll probably return, I kind of want to see R.O.B. getting cut. Demote him to be an Assist Trophy or something. Haha.
My thoughts verbatim. Ivysaur and Squirtle are the blatant omissions. Snake is a little bit more tricky, but based on the preponderance of the evidence, he is one of the easiest characters to assert as cut.

After that, R.O.B would be an amazing assist trophy. Too bad it will never happen.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Ivysaur and Squirtle. I really don't want Snake to be cut but that's probably the case.I would cut R.O.B but I think he's coming back , Even though I'd rather have someone else.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I read that Sakurai went to IS and asked for a Fire Emblem character and they suggested Ike. And that his neutral special was going to be a ranged Ragnell attack but it was deemed overpowered so it was replaced with Eruption.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Tharja?

Watch Tharja show up as the newcomer. :troll:
I really wouldn't mind that, just because I know her playstyle would probably be way more interesting than Chrom or Roy could ever be =D (oh and also because I liked the character in-game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom