• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut content, or no delay: Priorities?

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** guys I made a thread!!

Seriously thought, Something has been on my mind for a while.

Soon after the JP version of Brawl was out, people started finding unfinished date.
Things like characters, songs, etc…
Obviously, if they had more time, these pieces of left over date would have been finished and, we would have had 7 more characters, more songs (Windfish **** it) and possible other tweaks ( original final smashes maybe, cause Falco hates Landmasters and everybody knows Yoshi is a dinosaur and not a dragon…)

Now, when the game was delayed, each time a handful of people, including me, would stick by the reasoning that delay= ok, cause that means more content.

Here’s my question.
If Brawl was delayed until say, the end of the second quarter of the year, yet all the unfinished date was finished and put in the game, would it have been better?

Now, I’m only talking about the cut content, nothing like Ridley, Geno or whatever. Just what was cut.
Waiting would suck but it would be a sweeter game once we finally got it right?

So, what do you think, would it have been better if they finished all the cut data but had to delay it again?

This is assuming all rumors are false, and that we are stuck with what the JP version has at the moment.

Nobody better say this topic was made before cause I looked and I'd be pissed if I missed it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No, it would not be better, as much as I'd like to see Mewtwo and Dixie playable, I'd rather get Brawl on March 9th.

They could be added later as DLC anyway, so I dont care.

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
We don't know everything that was cut, so we can't possibly know if we would want all finished stuff or no delay.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i would say no, no more delays, just release the game and lets get on with our lives...and play it obviously while doing so

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, Geno, Krystal and Isaac. Playables.

wait...

Well, then just an Arwing for Falco, some StarWolf bombing run for Wolf, and Plusle+Minum.

Also, all the cut music. Specially MGS Main Theme and Claus Boss Battle.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Obviously, if they had more time, these pieces of left over date would have been finished
No.

Developers leave unused data in games all the time because it's easier to just leave it there.

iharfor

Smash Journeyman
What was rumored to be cut out? Just chars/stages or gameplay mechanisms like oh I dont know LCANCELING!! I would say yes then, I would love a delay.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
No.

Developers leave unused data in games all the time because it's easier to just leave it there.
I'm aware of that, you missed the point.

Obviously if that had to stop in the middle of something, it was because they ran out of time right?

And, I haven't read anything about cut mechanics.
I was only referring to the 7 characters and music.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hmm... I don't know about the cut content.. well, yeah. I guess..

Actually, if it meant that Toon Zelda/Tetra, Plusle & Minun, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario would be in, then.. well, I guess I'd be fine with another delay.

Honestly I think it'd be best if they just had downloadable characters after release.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If I knew that this would be the final product of Brawl, I'd accept another one year delay. I'd expect a better SSE, no clones, and three new characters.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
The Yoshi Dragon comment...

You do know that Yoshi's final smash is a combonation of his shell powers he had in super mario world right?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Hmm... I don't know about the cut content.. well, yeah. I guess..

Actually, if it meant that Toon Zelda/Tetra, Plusle & Minun, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario would be in, then.. well, I guess I'd be fine with another delay.

Honestly I think it'd be best if they just had downloadable characters after release.
Stop being dumb****s. The game has no support for DLC. It can not accept DLC. Get it through your thick in denial heads!

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Obviously if that had to stop in the middle of something, it was because they ran out of time right?
Not necessarily. It is likely they were planning to implement something early on but then decided not to. Thus the junk data remains.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Some of the cut content probably was never going to be finished though. Do you really believe that Plusle and Minun were going to be in the final roster? Aside from them, there were 5 other selectable Pokemon characters already. The only reason I see for Dixie's removal is that she was going to be a duo with Diddy but ran into moveset synchronization problems and so they decided that she wasnt as valuable alone. And I cant see Dr. Mario ever in the game for a reason other than providing Mario with some move effects and code...

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
The Yoshi Dragon comment...

You do know that Yoshi's final smash is a combonation of his shell powers he had in super mario world right?
That's right, I forgot about that.

Well the comments on his final smash up date lead me to believe that they were calling him a dragon.
That could have at lest showed him shallowing a shell or something. And, if that's the case they should have added the earthquake one too.

But, you're right, I had forgotten about that.

Not necessarily. It is likely they were planning to implement something early on but then decided not to. Thus the junk data remains.
Equally as likely that they ran out of time.
Maybe they just decided to scrap their work.
I believe the former but you can have your opinion.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
honestly, in the time spent on this game, they should have added everything that they wanted to. Gears of War was announced later than Brawl and completed before and GoW2 is coming out this fall I heard. I honestly think that time management was being a bit of a problem. That or there were a lot of glitches that werent being resolved.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather not wait more.
And cut data is cut for a reason. There were some pretty sweet things left out of Shadow of the Colossus, too, but once a decision is made they're just not going to be options anymore.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of that, you missed the point.

And, I haven't read anything about cut mechanics.
I was only referring to the 7 characters and music.
No, maybe they changed their minds about some characters.

Like:
Designer: "hey mr.sakurai look at dixie she's a female monkey, i totally hate female monkeys"
Sakurai: "you're so right mr.designer, now that i see she's a female monkey i totally don't want her anymore in the game! cut her cut her!!!"

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
honestly, in the time spent on this game, they should have added everything that they wanted to. Gears of War was announced later than Brawl and completed before and GoW2 is coming out this fall I heard. I honestly think that time management was being a bit of a problem. That or there were a lot of glitches that werent being resolved.

GoW is also a third person shooter. Quality takes t time. You know the pc game company Blizzard? They'll take 2x as long as everyone else to make something....but they always deleiver and sell millions of copies of whatever they make (People still play Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo 2 to this day). Thats kinda what nintendo was doing for Brawl. Take your time, and perfect everything, so people will be playing your product 15 years down the road.

Top Bottom