• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Sound Engine v3.0 - Currently in Public Testing Phase

Kirbeast

Smash Cadet
So, i'm trying to get this to work with wiiztec's Alt stage song forcer code, but I haven't gotten any good results. My .gct has the Sm4sh team aura thingy code, and CSE code and the Custom victory theme code (which i got working with CSE starting from the A000 values since that's what i read here), but whenever i try to add wiiztec's code, i get a crash after the strap screen, right when the opening should play.

I really don't know what the issue could be since i followed wiiztec's tutorial and i'm only trying to load one song (L alt for Delfino's Secret). Here's the asm code for reference:

lis r12,0x815F
lhz r12,0xFFFF8422(r12)
slwi r0,r0,16
srwi r0,r0,16

s1: cmpwi r27,0x03
bne s2
cmpwi r12,0x0040
bne end
li r0,0xA006

end:stw r0,0(r29)

And in hex:
C210F9FC 00000006
3D80815F A18C8422
5400801E 5400843E
2C1B0003 40820000
2C0C0040 40820008
3800A006 901D0000
60000000 00000000

I try to load 0000A006.brstm, which i put in projectm/pf/sound/strm since that's where i have my custom victory themes (A000 to A005) and they work with no issues. I don't know if i should ask here or in wiiztec's thread, but if anyone has had the same crashing issue i'd like to know atleast that because it's so weird that it's driving me insane :V Maybe the alt song forcer thing doesn't work with CSE? I haven't really tried using the brstms already in the game because i didn't want to replace anything.

EDIT: I'm not using PMEX btw.

EDIT 2: Just tested with a normal brstm (from de SSE). Still doesn't work :(
You may have just forgotten the address when making your alt stage song forcer code
https://i.imgur.com/nhNCwvY.png

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I got the alternate song forcer to work with CSE, I just used codes very useful SFC tool to write the SFC code. Here is a link to codes tool https://github.com/TheGag96/pm-hax/tree/master/SFC Generator

The Custom Sound Engine also works with the CSS song cycler code, so no more replacing subspace music
I've seen you post this tool in multiple places now, but I can't get it to work for the life of me. There's no explanation as to what file I'm supposed to load with the "open song info file". I've attempted every single file within our current build and nothing loaded. I was assuming it would be a file in the info2 folder but those didn't work, the gct didn't work, and the common files didn't work. Could you give us a rundown since the github page doesn't seem to give proper instructions lol

Kirbeast

Smash Cadet
I've seen you post this tool in multiple places now, but I can't get it to work for the life of me. There's no explanation as to what file I'm supposed to load with the "open song info file". I've attempted every single file within our current build and nothing loaded. I was assuming it would be a file in the info2 folder but those didn't work, the gct didn't work, and the common files didn't work. Could you give us a rundown since the github page doesn't seem to give proper instructions lol
You don't need to open a file. Here is a video tutorial I made, this is my first tutorial video so don't expect something amazing.

https://youtu.be/UAWoBJUMjTw

Kirbeast

Smash Cadet
Found a problem that this code. When Squirtle's glasses break it causes music corruption for brstms loaded from the SD card

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Found a problem that this code. When Squirtle's glasses break it causes music corruption for brstms loaded from the SD card
This explains why my music randomly turned into chicken scratch a few weeks ago. I'm curious as to why that specific sound causes this issue... May look into this and see if it's an easy fix... or at least something within my capabilities to fix.

Top Bottom