• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Move discussion: Rosalina

Ultima 3

Smash Cadet
Neutral B
Luma Shot: Shoots straight. Can be charged. Must fire after charging. Does 5-16%. Longer you charged, further it goes. Max charge ignores small projectiles. Hitting anything stops travel. If Luma is hit while charging, it will fail when used. KO move. Near the edge at 90%, in the centre at 100%.
Luma Warp: Teleports Luma a set distance. Luma reappearing does 1%. Can immediately act out of a teleport.
Power Luma Shot: Shoots straight. Slowly. Can be charged. Must fire after charging. Does 3-22%. Each hit when travelling decreases its power. Longer you charged, further it goes. Max charge has super armour. Can ignore final smashes. Travels past shields. If Luma is hit while charging, it will fail when used. Cannot recall Luma while it is moving. Each hit does large shield damage. KO move. Near the edge at 60%, in the centre at 80%.

Side B
Star Bits: Hits a maximum of 3 times. 1st hit does 2%. 2nd-3rd hit does 2.5%. Maximum 8%. Fires scattered shots from Luma. Short range. Will not clash with small projectiles.
Floaty Star Bit: Hits a maximum of 3 times. 1st-2nd hit does 2%. Final hit does 1.5%. Maximum 6%. Shoots straight from Luma. Slow moving. Goes past shields. Short range. Negates small projectiles.
Shooting Star Bit: Shoots straight from Luma. Fast. Short-medium distance does 5%. Long distance does 4%. Clashes with small projectiles.

Up B
Launch Star: Non-damaging. Shoots yourself very high into the air. Can be angled greatly.
Launch Star Plus: Non-damaging. Shoots yourself very high into the air. Very fast. Cannot be angled.
Launch Star Attack: Hits a maximum of 7 times. 1st hit does 3%, 2nd-6th hit does 1%. Final hit does 5%. Maximum 13%. Shoots yourself into the air. Not as far. Can be angled greatly. KO move. Grounded at 180%, in the air (jump height) at 130%.

Down B
Gravitational Pull: Draws in items. Draws in and nullifies projectiles. Items and projectiles drawn in can hurt opponents. First use in the air stalls descent.
Catch & Release: Draws in opponents. Fires them out. High knockback. Does 6%. KO move. Near the edge at 260%, in the centre Sudden Death KO move.
Guardian Luma: Inflates Luma to become a shield. Luma nullifies all damage. Has knockback on opponents who touch Luma. Does 3%. Draws in items. Items drawn in can hurt opponents. First use in the air stalls descent. As you jump, first use in the air propels you upwards greatly.

Go to customs for Rosalina?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I thought we already had a custom moveset thread? Meh, whatever.

My go-to set is Luma Warp/Shooting Star Bit/Launch Star/Gravitational Pull. (2311 for those who use the number system.) Luma Warp is simultaneously more and less flexible than Luma Shot; you can't control the distance but you can act out of it almost immediately. It's great fun doing a quick Warp to dair for the edgeguard. (Seriously, Luma's dair is insane.) Shooting Star Bit lets her pressure from long range without putting herself or Luma at risk, and it's also interesting to shoot out Luma and never call it back, instead using Shooting Star Bit to harass the opponent whenever it's on the same level. It just takes some discipline to remember which direction to use it in.

Launch Star is IMO the best recovery move. Launch Star Plus gets barely any extra distance as far as I can tell although the extra launch speed is nice, and Launch Star Attack is a fun attack option but its recovery is booty. Gravitational Pull is just the safe option unless you know you're facing someone without projectiles in which case I'd probably use Guardian Luma but I'm still undecided between it and Catch & Release.

I like Floaty Star Bit too, but its utility is simply inferior to Shooting Star Bit unless you really just loathe the long range thing. Luma Shot is a valid kill move that hardly anyone seems to respect until you bop them with it first, but it can be reflected. I...haven't really bothered using Power Luma Shot, I dislike how it ties up Luma for ages. I'm sure someone could probably find a use for it, it's just not my cup of tea.

Also I wouldn't call Catch & Release a KO move if you need to wait until 260 at the edge to kill with it.

Ultima 3

Smash Cadet
I have Launch Star Attack due to Guardian Luma's boost jump. With that, recovery with Launch Star Attack is no problem.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Does Luma Warp come out faster now with the patch, too?
If so, that's like the best change.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It feels like Rosalina can act a little bit faster out of all Neutral Bs. It's to a point where If you try Luma Warp -> Usmash/Dsmash too quickly, Luma's won't even come out properly while Rosalina's does. I think that was not a thing before the patch.

Launch Star Attack is still my favorite because Rosalina's recovery is more than adequate even with reduced distance. It can also protect her from would-be edgeguarders with its generous hitbox. It's also a very good out of shield attack as it covers a wide range in both directions, deals respectable damage, and is reasonably fast.

Don't underestimate Floaty Star Bit, either. In matchups where you really have no need of a long range projectile (like Robin to stuff Thunder charging), the Floaty Bit can be something of a nightmare to get around with Rosalina and Luma there, too. It can make heavy close range fighters like DDD really question their abilities to get in on Rosa easily, and in matchups like those the Shooting Star Bit is not too helpful.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Maybe the cooldown is quicker on Luma Warp? Not sure, but last night I played around with it for the first time and really loved it, it's so fast and combos into anything.

Hacky

Smash Cadet
NNID
SN_Hacky
3DS FC
4513-4712-4723
Switch FC
2414 6996 3456
I personally use all default besides shooting starbits. I like having the versatility of default luma shot. The teleport is nice, but Ive found interesting ways to have Luma being charged, left on a platform, while I fall to the ground, etc. Also is great for a kill move against characters that have to recover horizontally. Either way, I think RosaLuma is lacking on the custom viability.

Top Bottom