• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Controllers

Sizzle

I paint controllers
As many of the AZ folks know, I paint controllers. I have done about 5 now, and I consider them pretty well done. Many people have asked me how I did them, and I usually mention the "Guide to Cosmetically Modifying Your Controller" thread over in Melee Discussion. However, many people are afraid to do it themselves because they do not want to ruin their controller, or whatever other reason. Well thats where I come in. I plan to start a little business venture for custom paint jobs. They are fairly inexpensive to do, so the price I am thinking is somewhere around $15-$20. If you are interested then post here. Providing your own controller would be ideal unless you want the price to skyrocket because I have to buy a new one. This is not necesarily confined to AZ, but would be the quickest.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Basically, I paint your controller a different color. The shell will be painted whatever color you want, and I can also paint your buttons whatever color you want as well. I cannot, however, paint your joystick or C-Stick because I have not found a foolproof way of doing it. I will show you a few of the ones I have done/given direction on.

These are my controllers. This next one I helped my friend make.

You may notice that it has two joysticks. This is very easy to do because the C-Stick and the joystick have the same connecter. Although I am not sure if I could procure extra joysticks so I do not know if I could offer that at this point. These are examples of my work. I have helped on a pearl white controller as well but do not have pictures of it.

EDIT: I can paint wavebirds as well. I am in the middle of a wavebird job of my own.

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
alright i thought they were legal. Mabey i'll just check ur guide in melee discussion then, i want a baby blue color for my controller

Sizzle

I paint controllers
alright i thought they were legal. Mabey i'll just check ur guide in melee discussion then, i want a baby blue color for my controller
I didn't mean to mislead anyone, I did not make the guide. I benefitted from the guide like many have.

Kashakunaki said:
However, I was hoping you could do drawings and letters as well instead of just changing the shell colors.
I can do letters. Drawings might be a little harder because I am not a very good drawer myself. They have these little letter things that work perfectly that are easy to put on so I can do that.

Royal

Smash Apprentice
I tried painting my controller once. I put so much spray paint that when the controller dried, I could stick legos into the actualy paint and make forts on my controller.

Blind

Honorbound
Yo Sizzle, think you could paint 1/2 of my blue controller pink? It could be an official IC controller :p

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Eh, I never liked the idea of painting controller, not will all the falco players out there.

SP with a painted controller= normal controller after a week of playing with falco.

Now what I am interested in is making custom plastic for these controller. I just need a mold and the acrylic.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hand painting my friend, the GCN controller is too small for the spray, but if you can do it, more power to you.

Bryan, any kind of paint will do, all you do afterwards is throw on some laquer, polyurathane, polyester finish, ect... and you will have a protective outer coating.

Id use Laquer, it takes longer to cure, but it doesnt have as much of a yellow tint and it doesnt stick too much either.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
is it cool it we mail the controller to u or something, cause i doupt i could do that without messin something up.

can u do the wireless controllers to

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Could you paint me a Wii themed controller anytime soon? I just got my Wii over a week ago, and I'd love my controller to match. Thanks.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Yes I can do wireless controllers. Falco_4_Life PM me with your ideas.

Max, are you talking about painting your GC or Wii controller? I can do a white themed GC controller for you if thats what you were talking about. I haven't gotten a Wii yet, but am very confident they will be similar to paint.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's awesome. I don't think I want' to paint my Wii controller, though. I want a Wii themed GC Controller. That would be awesome.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I want one of those black and white ones...:D

Though Peach might want something in hot pink...

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i put some pretty cool graphics on my old controller. I'll post pics as soon as i can.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Custom paint jobs rock, but Sizzle, do you have any technique to provide texture? I dislike most people's repaints because how smooth the controller becomes.

Also, a Wii theme would be AWESOME. Someone totally needs to find a way to reproduce that see-through A-button for the GC controller's A and B-buttons.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I am sorry I haven't been able to check this thread as of late. I am out of town currently and won't be getting back until about the 12th.

I can do bright orange or green. I haven't really thought about trying to make any different texture. The smooth feel is nice, in my opinion, tell me what you're trying to go for.

Also, PM's are very nice. This gives me the ability to work with you one on one more. I am not on AIM much. My address is MLBpro489 if you want to give it a try though.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Thats cool.....i can wait till then....i think ill want a bright green after all.....whenever you get back pm me if thats koo with you....:)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Forward lives in Arizona right? Well could I get a controller ordered and give him the money to give to you? I'm up in Washington, and since he is coming up for a while, yeah.

Get back to me on it via PM please.

Top Bottom