• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curved Phantasm

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It wasn't curved. Most likely, you're just not familiar with Smashville's ledges.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
it didn't look straight to me, but maybe it's just cause it has to snap to the edge and therefore changed a little

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
oh wait i see what ur saying because for a few frames in there you can see the blue flash from falco angled upwards a little... which ive never seen before

null55

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it was a dud phantasm that latched to the stage...

zamz

Smash Journeyman
He merely phantasmed to the ledge and he stuck to the ledge. This 'sticking' action caused Falco to relocate himself mid-phantasm so he can actually grab the ledge. Without the ledge, he would have gone straight. So, although it -might- appear curved in that video, it really wasn't. He didn't use a special AT (he just Side-B'd it). And this will only work with ledges. Without a ledge, it'll go straight. Eeven if this could be considered a curved Phantasm, it's really limited in application (ledge only).

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Congrats on failing at vision, the phantasm went perfectly straight, in fact it was so straight that he ended up hanging at the exact same height he forward B'd at. Maybe before we post we should check into that with a ruler or a piece of paper or some other straight line?

I want to flip out and kill everyone that makes a thread on this entire website. Seriously.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
techno+monster=angry monster

relax, the others noticed how it changed direction slightly and I just wanted to hear if that was anything you could influence or if it was merely caused by the edge.

and it was the edge hurray we cleared that up

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
I've seen that happen before in some of Seth's vids. It's only because the phantasm is snapping to the ledge, it curves up a bit. I've seen it on FD too Inferno

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
everyones getting special AT's.
Yoshis seemingly wavedash
MKs IDC (infinite dimensional cape)

Sheiks chain leeching thingy.....forgot name

I just cant wait to see what falco has. I hope its epic!

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Wtf is RE. Oh and so does everyone else in brawl.(few exceptions) but most can F-throw or B-throw CG

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It was already mentioned before but it's the design of the edges on smashville, try doing that on FDs edges and that would have missed, but yeah it automatically grabbed the ledge for the Falco.

Well either that or it was just the right amount to still edgegrab it, I notice that it was a little bit low but it wasn't low enough for a messed up phantasm recovery.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I've seen that happen before in some of Seth's vids. It's only because the phantasm is snapping to the ledge, it curves up a bit. I've seen it on FD too Inferno
Wait a minute it was done on FD you say...I either have never seen myself done it or I don't pay too much attention to my/opponents phantasm recoveries.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
"gg no re" means "good game, no replay" or "good game, no rematch"

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, after looking at the vid (1:09), why is there even a thread about this. That was clearly a phantasm near level with the ledge. There was no curve. Infact, he could have went a bit lower and still caught on.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hmm, after looking at the vid (1:09), why is there even a thread about this. That was clearly a phantasm near level with the ledge. There was no curve. Infact, he could have went a bit lower and still caught on.
Well it made me think for a while, and this might have taught some people that some edges can make that illusion among the phantasm, if you want another way to look at it, look at it as a mindgame for an opponent who looks at EVERY detail and a fight and when he/she sees that might at first go "wth a curved phantasm that's not possible!?"

Top Bottom