• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curiosity

PK Webb

Smash Champion
How do you practice your mewtwo combo skills when there is nobody to practice with. i put on a lvl 1 cpu and beat ***. but i was wondering how other people practice so i can try new things. It doesn't just has to be combo practice, anything you do to get better.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Psssst, if an opponent can do ANYTHING out of your combination of grabs... IT IS NOT A CHAIN GRAB even if they have lvl 9 predictable DI (Directional Influence)

I used to practice basic up throw combos on Fox and Falco to understand the timing of the up throw and forward airs for each character, and then set them to evade to practice for basic DIing away combos. Then you just practice doing things out of DJCs or tilts, and practice basic tech skills like Wavedashing, DJCs, L-cancels, and I practice teleporting to the ledge from various directions as well as infinite stalls. If your tech skill is razor sharp, you don't have to practice it as much and then you can spend less time on it and more time just playing people to find things you can do to the average person and the advanced person or both.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Psssst, if an opponent can do ANYTHING out of your combination of grabs... IT IS NOT A CHAIN GRAB even if they have lvl 9 predictable DI (Directional Influence)

I used to practice basic up throw combos on Fox and Falco to understand the timing of the up throw and forward airs for each character, and then set them to evade to practice for basic DIing away combos. Then you just practice doing things out of DJCs or tilts, and practice basic tech skills like Wavedashing, DJCs, L-cancels, and I practice teleporting to the ledge from various directions as well as infinite stalls. If your tech skill is razor sharp, you don't have to practice it as much and then you can spend less time on it and more time just playing people to find things you can do to the average person and the advanced person or both.
i will do this for the rest of my days:laugh:!!!!!!. never tried the evade thing but sounds so useful. i pratice the teleporting from anywhere but battlefield seems to be harder for me and my DJC skills suck hard rite now

Top Bottom