• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS & CSP Redux

Acryte

Smash Ace
THIS THREAD HAS LOTS OF STUFF SPREAD ACROSS POSTS. FOR NOW JUST SCROLL AND LOOK FOR POKEMON. THE LINKS AND PICS WILL BE RIGHT NEXT TO IT.

Sorry, wasn't sure where to put this. It's mainly a CSS modification for 20XX 4.05 but it's also is packaged with select CSPs. Anyways... The other day I decided I was sick of the standard stuff for my CSS so I went looking around... Machriderz had posted a sick CSS but it was intended for Dolphin in super high rez. Here's his original work:

Turns out it didn't look very good in SD though:

I adjusted the dimensions so that it worked with 20XX and then adjusted the exposure, vibrance, etc so that it looked natural within the game:

Then I added faded character icons (as well as Black and White ones) for all characters to be used however each modder desires. You could make a High Tier iso, or a Low Tier iso, or just fade out the characters that aren't frequently used by your group of friends for example:

:010: Acryte - CSS - Decent Tier / Full Adjusted :010:

Here's the zip: https://modulous.net/mod/1244/Acryte Tiers - Modified CSS Icons w/ CSPs

This zip file contains the .usd files as well as all Faded, Normal, and B&W icon .png files so that you can customize your CSS to your liking. The CSPs I decided to use for each character was primarily a mix of UnclePunch's work, although I made adjustments to Ganon so that the sizing seemed correct.

I'll be making CSPs and throwing them in here as I go.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Just threw together my first set of CSPs. I plan to make custom CSPs for all the characters most likely and for all the different character skins I use. I'm assuming that later on, when we have CSP support for alts it will come in handy.

:001: Acryte - CSP - Marth :001:

https://modulous.net/mod/1245/Acryte - Marth CSP

Marth:

In-game:

Also for those that want it to make their own:
Gecko code:
$Freeze All Chars (1.02) [Achilles]
C216CDA0 00000009
81EDC18C 81EF0020
81EF002C 820F0010
2C100164 40820018
A20F0894 2C104190
4082000C 3A000007
9A0F2219 81EF0000
81EF0008 2C0F0000
40A2FFD0 9421FFD0
60000000 00000000

Instructions: Use Marth's 4th neutral side b.

Copy paste into memory:

ADDRESS -> Value
00452f88 -> 41F6625D
00452f8c -> 4211EC08
00452f90 -> 418E724B

EDIT:

I wasn't really satisfied with that first one. I used a different pose but it wouldn't fit in the frame and I basically compromised on it... This one is way better in my opinion. Instructions for the pose are included in the zip.

:123: Acryte - CSP - Marth - Engage!:123:

https://modulous.net/mod/1246/Acryte - CSP - Marth - Enguard

In-game:

EDIT:

I downloaded a "Shine insignia" that someone made but it had jagged edges. Remade it in photoshop using shape objects so the edges are nice and smooth.

:055: Acryte - Insignia - Shine-HD :055:

In-game:

EDIT:

I know you guys like your Fox CSPs and I didn't like the current pickings so....

:138: Acryte - CSP - Fox - Shots Fired! :138:

DL here:
https://modulous.net/mod/1250/Acryte - CSP - Fox - Shots Fired!

In-game:

For those wishing to recreate:
This one is kinda particular. Instructions are included in the zip. For costumes I think are pretty sick that weren't included I'm willing to pump a few out, but only if provided a CSS usd with 4 good skins split between the default colors (not lat or rat) characters so I can do it easily in one go.

LIST OF CSPS THAT I'M CURRENTLY UNHAPPY WITH (I'M APPEASED BY THE OTHERS):
Pikachu, Mario, Luigi, Ness, Ganondorf, Link.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
(Also, there's a Fox one right above this post if you didn't catch it)

I decided to make Ganon stuff today. I made two different ones since some people may like one or dislike the other. For the "Powerful Magics" I photoshopped the energy stuff so if you want to make additional skins, message me for the .psd (photoshop) files or tell me what sweet Ganon skin is missing and I may add it.

CSPs:

:006: Ganondorf - Into The Shadow Realm :006:

https://modulous.net/mod/1253/Acryte - CSP - Ganondorf - Into The Shadow Realm!

I was thinking something like this:

In-game: (note I have since adjusted the contrast, brightness and saturation as is reflected in the above pngs)

:122: Ganondorf - Powerful Magics :122:

https://modulous.net/mod/1254/Acryte - CSP - Ganondorf - Powerful Magics

In-game:

Last edited:

IndigoSamus

Smash Cadet
these are amazing yo, you think you can do one for falco soon or not? if not its cool homie these things are still amazing

Acryte

Smash Ace
:008: Acryte - Fight Banner - 20XX: :008:

https://modulous.net/mod/1259/Acryte - Fight Banner - 20XX

This one took me a long time and many, many, many variations and revisions until I was finally satisfied with it. Looks sick though. Instructions are included, as well as Versions with and without the white glow for the letters (for those who don't like it).

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Girlfriend is down for the week. Will resume CSPs etc after her visit.

Gasher

Smash Rookie
Hey, i dunno if you might care, but i think your work is amazing, i would like to request one of these CSP's for Bowser, if u want anything in return,let me know, i would be really happy if you would find the time to make a custom CSP for Bowser tho

Acryte

Smash Ace
Sure. Some characters seem difficult to find a truly dynamic pose. That's half the battle. I feel like Fox only had that one that I made lol. I hated all the other ones. His body doesn't change much when he does stuff. I'll mess around with Falco and Bowser after I make one for Mario. Mario's is ... uugh.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Working list of future CSPs:

Bowser
Peach
DK
Link

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
I've decided to increase the contrast and saturation of my CSPs. All the CPS I make will be adjusted to match this one's and all the CSPs I'm using from UnclePunch mainly will also be adjusted and packed to match the CSPs that I'm making. I want the CSPs to "pop" a bit. It should draw more attention than the Character Icons so I feel like it's well balanced.

:030: Acryte - CSP - Falco - Bad Day :030:

https://modulous.net/mod/1292/Acryte - CSP - Falco - Bad Day

In-game:

:025: Acryte - CSP - Falco - Throwin Jabs :025:

https://modulous.net/mod/1293/Acryte - CSP - Falco - Throwin Jabs

In-game:

I feel like I'm done with Falco. One of my poses didn't pan out. It didn't look good with the overlay on top of it.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
After I finish my graded problem for math I may have some time to knock that out tonight... we'll see. Might do Mario first though since I only have the 1 pose for him.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Small update. Got tired of my numerous ISO's for 20XX all having the same banner.

:011: Acryte - Banner - 20XX :011:

https://modulous.net/mod/1294/Acryte - 20XX - ISO Game Banner

Banner Preview.png

Used like this:
Banner-Screen.png

Also the CSP Ganon - Into the Shadow Realm has been cleaned up... Made it fit the inside of the port on the right and upper sides a bit and also tweaked the shadow opacity and brightness/contrast. Looks much better. The images in the previous post have been updated to reflect the changes...

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
No problem. Thank you for checking it out. I'll have Peach, Link and Bowser and DK next. I'm pretty satisfied with the others, I'll just probably tweak the vibrance and contrast of the others to to make it match, and maybe darken the shadows if necessary.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Got mid-terms right now to study for :S will have more soon.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Acryte Acryte

So sorry dude, Smashboards stopped notifying me for a bunch of different threads I was watching. Bout to add all your CSPs.

*Edit

oops LOL, this isn't my thread, no wonder I wasn't getting notifications

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Acryte Acryte

So sorry dude, Smashboards stopped notifying me for a bunch of different threads I was watching. Bout to add all your CSPs.

*Edit

oops LOL, this isn't my thread, no wonder I wasn't getting notifications
No worries, thanks man.

Gasher

Smash Rookie
so uh, are the other csp's still happening or is the project scrapped, would love to see the bowser one. Can u update me on the status? If u cant do it or something or dont got the time, all fine. Would just like to know when to expect new ones, if they are coming at all.

Acryte

Smash Ace
It's happening. I just have crazy homework these days plus I'm helping out in a project as well. Once I get a free day to throw it down I will, I already have the poses selected.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Been busy with school work. Had an idea the other day... turned out pretty good.

:035: Skin - Stitch Face Kirby :035:

https://modulous.net/mod/1403/Acryte - Stitch Face Kirby

I'll probably make a couple changes to it soon and release a revised version. I need to change the color of the handle on the Happy one to brown, and also change the structs for the Wink and Happy so they are brighter and not "shiny".

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Probably not. I included instructions on how to make them in each zip... but I made them in photoshop using smart objects so all you need to do is resize them to the new size and then copy paste the new image into them. I can provide the psd files for anything you wanted to convert to HD.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
Probably not. I included instructions on how to make them in each zip... but I made them in photoshop using smart objects so all you need to do is resize them to the new size and then copy paste the new image into them. I can provide the psd files for anything you wanted to convert to HD.
I'll attempt it. If you can send me both standard blue falcos, the black and red engage marths and the vanilla luigi dab that'd be dope

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
No problem :) I'll upload them and post links here in a couple mins.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
This is some amazing work, i got bored with the vanilla csps and I'm so glad that these exist so i can work them into my game. Props to you man, looking forward to what you produce next

Top Bottom