• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crunch Time: Krystal or Wolf?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Simple Question: Say there could only be three Star Fox characters,and its save to assume Fox and Falco are guranteed, so if YOU had to make the final call to would get that slot,would you choose Krystal,the popular,rare female char who could have a good moveset with her staff, or Wolf,the also popular,rare villian char who could have a good moveset with his many weapons.

Personally,I'd like both,but I'm getting a feeling that its going to be either one or the other.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Haha, no, I'm what is called a "realist." Four characters is definitely no, three is even too much for the franchise.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I would like to see 4 all four characters from the star fox series but most likely there will probably be 3 at the most although I rather have Wolf because he's the villain and should represent for the series

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Haha, no, I'm what is called a "realist." Four characters is definitely no, three is even too much for the franchise.

Why is that? I personally think that Star Fox is a popular enough series to get to 3 or slots. Both Krystal and Wolf are really high on the poll,so at least one(or both) of them will make it.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
As much potential as I think Wolf has (gameplay wise, not just because he's a viallian), I still want Krystal.
Her staff adds more dimention to her character. Shooting fire balls, ice sprays, ground pounds and just basic asskickery.
Also, the game needs more female characters. The current 4 (5 if you seperate Zamus and Samus) isn't enough.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Krystal. TEra personally would n'tcare if she came in as a clone (she's never cared about clone characters "being fillers", that's BS) . it's the types like her that the game need s more of. What does Tera mean by that, you ask? see if you can find out.
~Tera253~

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You are stupid, it is a big franchise. Three too much=retarted. Who deserves slots then huh, anwser me that, or are you giving slots to third party characters noone likes, or even knows? It's one thing to say 4 slots is too much (I respectfully disagree), but three.

Wat will you have instead, 9 for Pokemon, and having all the Pickachu clone pokemon and wobuffet or something? Or have reject characters from tLOZ like Link's Uncle, Tingle, Kaief, or the Happy Mask Salesman? Name 40 more important characters to Nintendo then Wolf or Krystal that could work for SSBB, and then talk. Or do you expect only 10 characters or something like that?

Now characterwise Wolf over Krystal. Wolf is in one more Star Fox game than Krystal, the game that is probably the biggest in the series, Star Fox 64. Also he has been a villian in the series the whole way through, and helped assassinate Fox's Father! It comes close as to who would get it between Wolf or Krystal in slots, but Wolf has a very tiny advantage IMO. I don't see why both of them can't get a slot.

They both deserve the spot if there was only one SF slot left. Plus there are more villians expected in SSBB, along with more females, and probably more "sidekick" like characters also. They would both be great characters though, and one would make me happy. The uniqueness of both characters could get one of them in, while one was already in. (bet my sig threw you off, lol) :laugh:

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like to see Panther Caruso in Brawl, but i really don't see that happening

As for Wolf or Krystal, I'm not sure. Each one would have pluses and minuses

Krystal
-Staff could add dynamics to her character
-Probably wouldn't be another clone
-Would add to the female population

Wolf
-Smash needs more rivals/villains
- May or may not be a clone of fox/falco
-Higher Male:Femal ratio

I would be happy if either of them made it, to me they both seem like great candidates

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I like both charactures, although I personally would give the nod to Wolf, since he is fox's rival and he was in my favorite starfox game, Starfox 64, which I still think has yet to be toped, hopefully Nintendo will make a Starfox game for the Wii.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Krystal is a far superior choice. As a staff weilder, she is guaranteed to have a unique moveset. She also serves as a representative to the excellent Starfox Adventures.

Wolf, on the other hand, seems pretty unoriginal in comparison. Sure they could design a unique moveset for the character, (as they did originally did with Fox in SSB 64) but he seems better suited to be a slower, heavier clone of Fox. Unless they decide to have Wolf replace Falco as Fox's clone, I just don't see this happening. 3 charcaters is enough representation for the Starfox series.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
You are stupid, it is a big franchise. Three too much=retarted. Who deserves slots then huh, anwser me that, or are you giving slots to third party characters noone likes, or even knows? It's one thing to say 4 slots is too much (I respectfully disagree), but three.

Wat will you have instead, 9 for Pokemon, and having all the Pickachu clone pokemon and wobuffet or something? Or have reject characters from tLOZ like Link's Uncle, Tingle, Kaief, or the Happy Mask Salesman? Name 40 more important characters to Nintendo then Wolf or Krystal that could work for SSBB, and then talk. Or do you expect only 10 characters or something like that?
Wow. Just... wow. Way to jump to extreme conclusions about me. Absolutely fantastic.

I expect around the neighborhood of 35 characters, and I believe the characters should be spread out to as of yet unrepresented franchises instead of spending most of them on those that are represented enough. StarFox isn't that popular of a franchise. It has one really popular title, and then four moderately to not popular titles. Two characters is adequete.

I don't think there should be any more than four Pokemon, and I don't think Zelda or Mario needs to expand much further (replacing a some of their reps is acceptable).

I honestly don't understand the mentality of expanding every already represented series.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Screw Wolf & Krystal, I want Slippy :p
But getting serious,
Wolf and Krystal are both great and i think one of them will definatly be in brawl. Personally, I think there'l be 3 slots for the starfox series...It's big, but not AS big.....now, chosing between wolf or krystal....If Falco is dropped then both could get in.....but If i had to chose one over the other, I chose Krystal, because of the staff's possibilities.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Wow. Just... wow. Way to jump to extreme conclusions about me. Absolutely fantastic.

I expect around the neighborhood of 35 characters, and I believe the characters should be spread out to as of yet unrepresented franchises instead of spending most of them on those that are represented enough. StarFox isn't that popular of a franchise. It has one really popular title, and then four moderately to not popular titles. Two characters is adequete.

I don't think there should be any more than four Pokemon, and I don't think Zelda or Mario needs to expand much further (replacing a some of their reps is acceptable).

I honestly don't understand the mentality of expanding every already represented series.
Really? I always thought the SF series as very popular. So,you're saying that you'd like characters from
games that don't have a rep yet(Animal Crossing,Pikmin). Am I getting this right?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't really like either, and I'm with Green Mamba. But I'm not going to deny people their StarFox people if they like them.
Personally, I'm more for Krystal. Mostly because she's pretty much guaranteed to not be a clone. Wolf, on the other hand, is almost per definition a clone. He's something like Fox's alter ego, although they're different people. Still, Wolf, Fox, evil, good... another Arwing pilot who has never done any melee-fighting in any game as far as I know. Another "Space Animal". What's HE going to have, a reflector that randomly acts as an instant-kill move? Meh.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Wolf, because Wolf is awesome, and Krystal is from the worst Starfox game ever made.

I say for new star fox characters, here's the order....

1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Wolf
4. Peppy
5. Leon
6. Panther
7. Bill
8. ROB
9. General
10. Andross
11. Planet Venom
12. Slippy
13. Tricky
14. Krystal

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wolf, because Wolf is awesome, and Krystal is from the worst Starfox game ever made.

I say for new star fox characters, here's the order....

1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Wolf
4. Peppy
5. Leon
6. Panther
7. Bill
8. ROB
9. General
10. Andross
11. Planet Venom
12. Slippy
13. Tricky
14. Krystal
I see. So you're saying that the Starfox character that ranked highest on Sakurai's poll as well as on Ferro De Lupe's "Rate their chances thread" has less chance of being included than Slippy and the Planet Venom. We wouldn't be overstating our case out of personal bias would we?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Hmmm...this is a good question. Wolf is cool, and I love him for being the villain and all, but I still have to go with Krystal. Her staff opens up more possibilities for moves. And I also think we need more female characters. Given, another villain wouldn't hurt, but there are more unique villains than Wolf IMO. :cool:

Caael

Smash Lord
I'd really like to see Panther Caruso in Brawl, but i really don't see that happening

As for Wolf or Krystal, I'm not sure. Each one would have pluses and minuses

Krystal
-Staff could add dynamics to her character
-Probably wouldn't be another clone
-Would add to the female population

Wolf
-Smash needs more rivals/villains
- May or may not be a clone of fox/falco
-Higher Male:Femal ratio

I would be happy if either of them made it, to me they both seem like great candidates
I agree, great points too. I see Falco getting kicked, and Wolf and Krystal included.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I agree, great points too. I see Falco getting kicked, and Wolf and Krystal included.
I hope that happens, or that they include all 4, I know the Starfox games aren't that big, plus Falco and Wolf wouldn't take to long to make if they where similar to fox.

Besides Series representation doesn't mean everything, I'm sure popular series but not suitable for a fighting game like Animal Crossings will make trophy appearances or something, but the thing is both Wolf and Krystal are pretty popular.

Well I'm hoping for a fairly original Wolf's moveset as well as Krystal, and I hope I get them both, even if it means no falco. (Wolf should be less of a clone then Falco)

Smash_Aholic

Smash Rookie
I think wolf should take the third slot if there is an opening in the first place.. it's because having a faster enemy than bowser XD would be new and fun. plus like you said he has more weapon selections. GF wolf would win this one :o

Smash_Aholic

Smash Rookie
And to add on to what caael said.. there def. not gonna take out falco XD.. they would never.. he is extremely popular, they wouldn't do that.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I see. So you're saying that the Starfox character that ranked highest on Sakurai's poll as well as on Ferro De Lupe's "Rate their chances thread" has less chance of being included than Slippy and the Planet Venom. We wouldn't be overstating our case out of personal bias would we?
No, I said nothing about chances. I said that's my personal opinion on the order that star fox characters should get in Brawl.

If I was talking chances, then I'd say Krystal would probably win, not because of those ******** polls, but because he'd probably like to add more girls in, and she'd be easier to make a unique moveset for.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Krystal for three reasons.

1) I would actually want to play a character from the Star Fox series now.

2) It would boost the female count.

3) She's aesthetically more pleasing to me.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Wolf, we have a fox why not a Wolf? Besides Krystal is overrated both games before command sucked horribly. I don't care how popular she is. Both Assault and Star Fox Adventures were just bad. I suggest we pick Wolf because he was in a good game...even before Command ever came out. Besides that would be three good guys and no bad guy for the Star Fox Series? Come on..we need at least one bad guy why not Wolf?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
No, I said nothing about chances. I said that's my personal opinion on the order that star fox characters should get in Brawl.

If I was talking chances, then I'd say Krystal would probably win, not because of those ******** polls, but because he'd probably like to add more girls in, and she'd be easier to make a unique moveset for.

My mistake. I misunderstood you. Though, the more I think about it, the Planet Venom would make an awesome character....

Jem.

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, but for you guys wanting Falco to get kicked.. You realize it'll never happen, right?
Fox and Falco are rivals/teammates. A lot of people would be upset to see Falco removed.
Falco is more important than Krystal and Wolf's involvement IMO.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I say Krystal. I love Wolf and his anti-hero attitude to death, but Krystal would be a bit better suited for the game. The Staff has enough moves that integrating them into a Smash moveset is easy (I can envision a full moveset for Krystal already, and about 3/4 of it are moves directly from Fox's staff repitoire) and would create a character different from the current blast/run/shine/kick style of Fox and Falco. Much as I love Wolf, I can't see a moveset for him. Many of his moves would have to be invented, and I can see a lot of gun use needed (granted, the Grenades and such from Assault would be fairly awesome). I just see Krystal as having more porential and would integrate into Smash a lot easier.

(Jem, also note that Adventures did not exist at the time of Melee's release (as in, Smash preceeded it by a full year), so of course Krystal is not in the opening. That's a moot point in the argument)

DMan304

Smash Rookie
It's amazing how hard this choice is, especially for a Star Fox fan. As someone said before, both characters have qualities, both good and bad, that make them equally awesome choices for the game.

Krystal
- need more females
- staff = new fighting
- many people feel her games sucked, I loved Assault and was indifferent to Advenures

Wolf
- need more villians
- need more big characters
- his general badassedness
- might be too much of a Fox clone

If I had the choice, I'd say put all four people in, and if it absolutely had to be only three, as much as I'd hate to do it, I'd get rid of Falco to put both of them in.

Hell, as long as either of them are in I'll be happy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If I had to choose, I'd choose Wolf because Fox McCloud needs of a rival antagonist, not another ally. Furthermore, Wolf has been in more games than Krystal so he's more deserving.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Actually, they've both been in the same amount of games iirc.

Both are actually good choices, though I'd probably go for Krystal seeing as she offers a unique idea for a moveset, while Wolf doesn't really offer anything new.

Top Bottom