• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crowd cheers suck in smash 4

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
They are no question not as funny and special as brawl and melee and 64 was i mean you can compare

And compare those to theese you will see what i mean

Yea i mean a couple of them are good but most are not too good

_gold_

Smash Master
I just hate crowd cheering in general. It's distracting and sometimes disturbing.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Half the time I can't understand the voices. I don't know who they are cheering for.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
They do. They'e so muddy and garbled, and only last for about three seconds.

I miss the crowd in SSB64, who reacted to whatever was happening. I'll always love the cheer they do when you just barely recover.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
It is subjective, but I've never liked cheers in any game but melee. They always got the perfect moment to cheer when I played.

_gold_

Smash Master
I miss the crowd in SSB64, who reacted to whatever was happening. I'll always love the cheer they do when you just barely recover.
I forgot about that. I did like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I liked the cheers in pretty much every game...except this one. They can't even be distinguished half the time...if you can't tell the difference between Diddy Kong and Jigglypuff's cheer in a match between Diddy Kong and Jigglypuff, then what's the point? This is one aspect where they really dropped the ball.

The ONE thing that I will praise them for is Donkey Kong's new chant.

Khao

Smash Lord
Honestly, the only good crowd chants in the whole series are the ones in the N64.

Melee has some creative chants, but the crowd has no ****ing emotion whatsoever. The cheering almost sound sarcastic.

Brawl was a step above Melee's, but still sounds kinda boring.

Wii U/3DS doesn't lack emotion, but everything is completely unrecognizable.

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
A lot of them are soo garbled it's hard to know what they're even saying. Plus most of them are just saying the character's name without clapping or anything, it really helped distinguish them in previous games and I'm disappointed it's not back this time.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
They do. They'e so muddy and garbled, and only last for about three seconds.

I know the very short cheering is a bad part of this too.

I can't tell when they are even doing crowd favorite when ever it starts

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
I cant even recognize chants in 64 but in my opinion Brawls are the best. Sm4sh's are... meh. My firs Ganondorf chant threw me off. it sounded like someone was mind- controlling the crowd or something.

beetee_s

Smash Rookie
NNID
MattG4
The chants in Sm4sh sound like they come from a crowd of poltergeists, honestly. I think Brawl might have the best chants because they're the most consistent with hype; some Melee ones are pretty good, but others are just saying a character's name over some cheering.

link2702

Smash Champion
smash4's cheers are so unclear and nearly impossible to tell who's being cheered for most of the time, that's why I can't stand 4's cheers. the other games had very clear crowd chants that you could easily distinguish who the crowd was cheering for.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't like the crowd cheers in this installment at all, like what others have said, the names chanted are very garbled-sounding. Did the equipment go bad while recording these? :p

Last edited:

AUS

Smash Cadet
Meh, not terrible if you ask me. Not as good as Melee if you ask me but honestly I would say Smash 4 trumps Brawl for cheers. Of course PM has the best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They're horrible.

They literally sound like demon spawn.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
The only one I really like is Dark Pit... "Pitoo, Pitoo" and then rest are very dull. Melee has good ones but...

I Loved the brawl ones, are the best!(in my opinions.) But I never hear any of the 64 one...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The DK and Pit one are the only ones I like. It actually took me a long time to realize that they were saying "Pit, Pit, this is it!", and a friend told me that's what they said a couple weeks ago. It shows how weak the cheers are in this game. At least the 2 characters that I named got improvements.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I didn't even know :4roy:'s crowd chant in this game was "Roy's our boy!" until I was specifically told that on this site.

I was hoping that the Wii U version's crowd chants would be more clearer and less garbled. What the hell happened?

Gabu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabukin
They're horrible.

They literally sound like demon spawn.
That is exactly what I was thinking.
I loved the chants in all the other smash games but Smash 4 makes me wish I could turn them off!

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I would agree but those videos are bad quality themselves. 64 didn't sound that bad, Melee didn't sound that bad, Brawl, didn't sound that bad. Smash4 however is probably the only one there that is 1:1 maybe. Sounds a lot better on an actual TV though.

Top Bottom