• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crossbows ready!! Linkle aims for Smash

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I support Linkle!

With so much influence from the Wii U era being seen in Smash Ultimate it would not surprise me at all if Hyrule Warriors received some acknowledgment in Smash Ultimate.

Just off the top of my head; Star Fox Zero Designs, Mario Builder outfit, Inklings (Splatoon 1 designs), BotW Link & Sheik.

Hyrule Warriors was very successful and fun, on both 3DS and the Wii U.
It even has a port on the Switch.

With the Legend of Zelda characters seemingly representating various games across LoZ history - it wouldn't surprise me to see Hyrule Warriors included in that representation. With of course, the inclusion of Linkle as a playable character.

Some think Impa is next in line to be playable, but with the inclusion of the Echo Fighter concept... seems that may be her fate.
I see a LoZ newcomer and an echo being very possible. I don't see any reason why we couldn't get both.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I support Linkle!

With so much influence from the Wii U era being seen in Smash Ultimate it would not surprise me at all if Hyrule Warriors received some acknowledgment in Smash Ultimate.

Just off the top of my head; Star Fox Zero Designs, Mario Builder outfit, Inklings (Splatoon 1 designs), BotW Link & Sheik.

Hyrule Warriors was very successful and fun, on both 3DS and the Wii U.
It even has a port on the Switch.

With the Legend of Zelda characters seemingly representating various games across LoZ history - it wouldn't surprise me to see Hyrule Warriors included in that representation. With of course, the inclusion of Linkle as a playable character.

Some think Impa is next in line to be playable, but with the inclusion of the Echo Fighter concept... seems that may be her fate.
I see a LoZ newcomer and an echo being very possible. I don't see any reason why we couldn't get both.
I Can Totally See Linkle becoming a Zelda Newcomer; and since Ganondorf uses his OOT/OOT3D Incarnation instead of the HW Incarnation I was hoping for(Oh, well; at least, he's no longer a Captain Falcon Clone/echo Fighter); maybe SHE could represent Hyrule Warriors since:
A. She Dual-wields Crossbows(a Weapon NO Character in Smash History has used in their Movesets in any of their Smash Incarnations)
B. She's a Fan-Favorite Character
C. It'd be Interesting to see how she fares against the REAL incarnations of the legendary Hero of Hyrule
D. She'd Totally Fit into Smash Bros

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Plus Linkle would literally kick butt, she has these boots that are like iron pegasus boots.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
More smash waifus can only do more good for the game. Just look at how much of a positive reaction new Zelda is getting in ultimate and how everyone wants to try her.

Last edited:

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about it, perhaps Linkle would be my preferred next choice for a Zelda newcomer. The Zelda series hasn't had a newcomer since Brawl. It's funny that half the Zelda cast is Link now, and they all use bows, bombs, boomerangs, and a spin attack! And here we are twenty years later and poor Ganny still has Captain Falcon's moves. Since Sakurai is apparently completely against changing old veteran characters outside of small tweaks here and there, I have no choice but to lay my dreams of past Zelda characters getting more faithful revamps to rest (RIP dreams of Toon Link with Deku Leaf etc, Young Link with Majora's Mask based moves, Shiek with a harp, and most painful of all, Ganondorf with moves he actually used in his many appearances *breaks down into tears*). With character appearances being updated to represent different parts of the series as a whole, Linkle could be perfect for a Hyrule warriors part. And since she uses crossbows, cuccos, and such, there's no way she should ever be a clone, which I consider the most important thing of all when thinking about a new character now. lol

Out of curiosity, is Linkle a Nintendo property or a Koei Tecmo property?
I'm pretty sure all the original content of Hyrule Warriors is owned by Nintendo. I remember this article stating Aonuma said in response to Linkle's popularity that he would keep Linkle in mind for future Zelda games. They'd need the rights to be able to do that. Even if Koei Tecmo had the rights, I doubt it would require anything more than asking. "More promotion for our most successful warriors game of all? Hell yeah!" lol

By the way, this is a cuckoo, this is a cucco. Let's try to refer to the right bird in the move set ideas, shall we? *nerdy ornithologist talk* :p

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
She was pretty fun In Warriors and the dual crossbows would lead to some interesting projectile attacks. The Zelda series could go for something drastically different, even of it's "Girl Link who plays nothing like Link."

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
She was pretty fun In Warriors and the dual crossbows would lead to some interesting projectile attacks. The Zelda series could go for something drastically different, even of it's "Girl Link who plays nothing like Link."
Exactly; She's NOT Link; She doesn't play like Link; She's Dressed DIFFERENTLY Than Link; and In spite of Her Grandma's stories and Her Special Compass; She's NOT an Incarnation of Link!!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Movset based around crossbows and the Pegasus Boots, and commands an army of Cuccos?

Well ****, I guess I could live with this. Support.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Exactly; She's NOT Link; She doesn't play like Link; She's Dressed DIFFERENTLY Than Link; and In spite of Her Grandma's stories and Her Special Compass; She's NOT an Incarnation of Link!!
I also liked the little touch that she talks while all "true" Links have another character (I would use the word proxy but that's the name of once of said characters) to speak for them. It's little details like that which I appreciate.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Not even going to read the OP or any of the replies. Linkle gets my full support as a #1 priority. Whether she ends up just being an echo fighter for Link or an entirely new character, that's completely fine either way. I wanna smash as linkle, darn it!

D

Deleted member

You know despite debuting in a Tecmo Developed Warriors game, I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo that owns Linkle. Would Aounuma have even been able to say he's considering bringing Linkle into the main series if that wasn't the case?

Personally, as someone's whose not a fan of the idea of giving Link a gender swap option, I really like Linkle. An original character inspired by the gender swap idea is a much better way to go.

Count me in a supporter for her to get in Smash.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
You know despite debuting in a Tecmo Developed Warriors game, I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo that owns Linkle. Would Aounuma have even been able to say he's considering bringing Linkle into the main series if that wasn't the case?

Personally, as someone's whose not a fan of the idea of giving Link a gender swap option, I really like Linkle. An original character inspired by the gender swap idea is a much better way to go.

Count me in a supporter for her to get in Smash.
She's not really a mere gender swap of Link as she has VERY Distinct differences:
A. She's Not Mute
B. She primarily uses Crossbows
C. Instead of a Spin Slash, she has a fiery spinkick
D. She has as Bad a sense of Direction as Roronoa Zoro from One Piece(every time she tries to go to hyrule castle, She ends up going the wrong way in the opposite direction

Though I still Want her in Smash TBH!!

D

Deleted member

She's not really a mere gender swap of Link as she has VERY Distinct differences:
A. She's Not Mute
B. She primarily uses Crossbows
C. Instead of a Spin Slash, she has a fiery spinkick
D. She has as Bad a sense of Direction as Roronoa Zoro from One Piece(every time she tries to go to hyrule castle, She ends up going the wrong way in the opposite direction

Though I still Want her in Smash TBH!!
That's what I meant by "original character inspired by the concept" Link being female is what gave the idea for Linkle. But Linkle herself is certainly a heck of a lot more than a mere genderswap.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
If we must have someone from Hyrule Warriors, I'd rather take Lana. It's nothing against Linkle, Lana just has a more visually appealing moveset.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Cyn Cyn sign me up for the Linkle support!

Shes quite a underrated character tbh.. Especially being some sort of female Link and Sakurai seems to love adding different types of Links and heres Linkle.. I could see her moveset being some sort of cross between melee kick attacks and her cross bows.. She would be somewhat as fast as Young Link perhaps maybe a bit faster since shes has the Pegasus boots, but stronger and can land kos better than him.

Also this gives Koei Tecmo a chance to have a character in Smash.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
YES! Linkle is one of my dream characters for Smash. I also really, really hope she gets her own game.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
YES! Linkle is one of my dream characters for Smash. I also really, really hope she gets her own game.
Never saw there was another reply here.

Same. I think she would bring something different and quirky to the fight. Not only that but her ranged game could be amazing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I now support Linkle.

Why? I really enjoy Hyrule Warriors and think Linkle could be a fun way to mix up the character selection for Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Never knew there was a thread for Linkle, count me in!

She is quite fun between her Cuccos, Crossbows and Boots, she would be right at home with other Zelda reps.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Linkle looks cool, and I really like the way she fights! I support.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
What if Nintendo uses Linkle instead of Zelda as a female protagonist for BOTW2?
Does her chances rise for Smash?

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
As unlikely as it is, I fully support Linkle getting in at some point. I love her character in HW and hope to see her playable in a future mainline entry at some point.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
What if Nintendo uses Linkle instead of Zelda as a female protagonist for BOTW2?
Does her chances rise for Smash?
There shouldnt be a Female Protagonist in Zelda

Although Zelda could be the Character for P2

Also funily enough Crossbows are called Armbrüste in german the german word for Bow is Bogen so what is the word Brüste it means Breasts im serious to be fair the german word for Chest is Brust so

Linkle ist Link mit Brüsten ARMbrüsten hahahaha I cant realy Translate this

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Link is already relativly Feminine the only thing a femalke Character would add Would be Boobs which seems pretty dumb Heck link already wore Girl clothes in 2 Games

Also considering that Zelda is a Princess if link would be female than Zelda would need to be Male
and for good measure Ganon would need to be Female

Because changing the Main Characters Sex changes some Scenes Context look at pokemon a lot of scenes seem diffrent between Boy and girl

Also its even more redundant with Young link

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Link is already relativly Feminine the only thing a femalke Character would add Would be Boobs which seems pretty dumb Heck link already wore Girl clothes in 2 Games

Also considering that Zelda is a Princess if link would be female than Zelda would need to be Male
and for good measure Ganon would need to be Female

Because changing the Main Characters Sex changes some Scenes Context look at pokemon a lot of scenes seem diffrent between Boy and girl

Also its even more redundant with Young link
I think you’re over thinking this. Where does it say link and Zelda have to be opposite genders? Where does it say link and Ganon have to be the same gender? The three of them can be whatever Nintendo wants them to be

And what has any of this got to do with linkle?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think you’re over thinking this. Where does it say link and Zelda have to be opposite genders? Where does it say link and Ganon have to be the same gender? The three of them can be whatever Nintendo wants them to be

And what has any of this got to do with linkle?
I did mention a Fact about linkle but you asked me a question on the non linkle part of my Post and i answered you

Also how about we get a female Mario and a Male Samus if were already at it

And kirby should also get a version with Boobs because for some reason people care about what their Playable characters have between their legs

Making the player choose a Character in Zelda is dumb it adds nothing and remioves a lot
why not just reeintrouduce Masks and have a Gerudo one BOOM problem solved if youre black or female you can finally look like that and Link stays Link

I hate this disscusion but i needs to happen

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I did mention a Fact about linkle but you asked me a question on the non linkle part of my Post and i answered you

Also how about we get a female Mario and a Male Samus if were already at it

And kirby should also get a version with Boobs because for some reason people care about what their Playable characters have between their legs

Making the player choose a Character in Zelda is dumb it adds nothing and remioves a lot
why not just reeintrouduce Masks and have a Gerudo one BOOM problem solved if youre black or female you can finally look like that and Link stays Link

I hate this disscusion but i needs to happen
That’s a bit of an old fashioned thought, a person’s gender has nothing to do with what’s between their legs nor their physical appearance

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That’s a bit of an old fashioned thought, a person’s gender has nothing to do with what’s between their legs nor their physical appearance
1st. we germans use Geschlecht for both Gender and Sex and the word Sex is only used for the Act

2nd. im pretty sure i never used gender in these posts

3rd. People (for some reason) want a female link not just Ponouns or would this be enough for you
Would solve some of these Problems

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
1st. we germans use Geschlecht for both Gender and Sex and the word Sex is only used for the Act

2nd. im pretty sure i never used gender in these posts

3rd. People (for some reason) want a female link not just Ponouns or would this be enough for you
Would solve some of these Problems
I see there’s some cross cultural confusion

I have to say though in my experience more people have suggested Zelda or linkle playable rather than just a female link

Top Bottom