• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crono from Chrono Trigger for Smash 5 Fighter Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I support Crono. I enjoyed Chrono Trigger when I played it a few months ago on Wii Virtual Console.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I support Marle. Of course that'd entail crono getting in first, but what I want is both :)
Ayla would be awesome too.
Anyway, not going to make a support thread, but i could if it was worth it.

Chrono Trigger should get new games too :)

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
My hope is that Smash Ultimate will stick around and be the focus for a long while, like 10 years. What is the alternative... make another one beyond "Ultimate" and risk dropping some fighters? no thanks. If they just keep it alive with new characters and stages, and eventually take the roster to say 100, I don't think Chrono is impossible. We just need to build support and buz, and Square just needs to let a few more characters beyond Cloud in. I can picture that announcement trailer now with the main theme...

If square could do a remaster/remake one of these days that would certainly help.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Crono would be the ultimate name drop for Smash, honestly. Especially if Sakurai is looking to get an obscure revival character in the mix.

In my dreams he's always revealed alongside Geno, both to me are perfect representations of that golden age Square RPG. And yet, they really couldn't be more different.

If I wasn't rooting for Geno, Crono would without a doubt be my number one pick for another Square Rep. Unfortunately, I doubt Square could care less about the character at this point. If Geno makes it, it's because Nintendo made it happen. Can't see them mustering up a similar tenacity for Crono.

Regardless, really tight to see people have Chrono Trigger in their hearts.

Edit: Damn, that sounded really low spirited, eh? Obviously at the end of the day who knows? That's what makes the speculation fun as hell. If Crono rips through the fabric of time and hits someone with that Dreamseaker Final Smash I'll be fangirling right next to y'all.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
I hope it's not too late but OH M Y GOSH LET ME SUPPORT. I mean, he's generic, yeah. BUT HE"S FREAKING FROM THE BEST RPG GAME OF ALL TIME. If Crono never gets in smash or you want a Crono in smash fix, there's a Smash bros styled Crono MUGEN character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrC-AT6H4jo

And yes, even the Papayrus character is somewhat smash-esque but not quite.

Last edited:

KHJason95

Smash Cadet
NNID
KHJason20
Switch FC
SW-4391-8530-5723
I love this character, and the game he originated from. Heck, I even have a COPY of the DS re-release.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Crono as a prospective character is in a weird spot. There's not really any drive from a large number of people to get him on to the game, but I feel enough people know him and recognize his place in gaming and Nintendo history that very few people would question his addition. So like he's not highly requested but he'd be an incredibly safe addition.

That said I completely and unequivocally support his addition

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I feel like Crono as a prospective character is in a weird spot. There's not really any drive from a large number of people to get him on to the game, but I feel enough people know him and recognize his place in gaming and Nintendo history that very few people would question his addition. So like he's not highly requested but he'd be an incredibly safe addition.

That said I completely and unequivocally support his addition
I have high hopes that Crono was a sleeper pick back in the ballot

To my knowledge the only thing Crono trigger had back in 2015 was its 20th Anniversary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom