• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Yoshi.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz9LcDKCwb4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSH3LBnZt8

I'm not that great. But i really had an off day and wasnt doing really well those friendlies. I had very good ones, but my opponent refused to record them or put them on youtube because he played bad.

Also, you will find a lot of mistakes in there. This is due to my broken controller. My control stick is awfully worn out. Sometimes, when i want to do a nair, it will usually do a fair or bair. Also i may do some jabs, tilts, smashes, or any ground moves the wrong way since my control stick never stays in the center. It usually tilts to the left or right, so i must jam my control stick from time to time.

Thank you for the advice and constructive criticism. I only have started actually maining Yoshi a few weeks ago. I only secondaried him weeks before because i hated losing to tier noobs, so i used olimar and pikachu. Now i realize that i am much better with Yoshi than olimar and pikachu and that i find satisfaction and joy in beating "high tier considered characters" with Yoshi. I am finally getting competitive with Yoshi, and id say i have vastly improved.

Once again, Thank You.

Scala

Smash Ace
MOAR EGGS

You have an OK yoshi. You tilt at the right times. You opponent was god-awful and would never punish you for any of your mistakes. Mix up your approach. All you used was bair 90% of the time, which is no good. If you were playing a competent player, all he would have to do is shield grab you every time you tried your bair like that. You could use some more eggs and work on your aim with them.

Think about who you're playing against and what you can do to them. For marth, what's the point of just running into him with a dash attack? He'll just shield grab you or nail you with a fsmash on your way there. Just hang back and use eggs and force him to approach. When he does, take advantage of his weaknesses and use moves that have a high chance of hitting rather than just attacking him like a madman.

AND GET A NEW CONTROLLER!

D

Deleted member

Your opponent was terrible. =/

Wtf, who throws suit pieces away! uggg, i didnt watch the rest sowwy, ill do it later, once i get over that trametizing moment =P

Chaco

Never Logs In
I cannot emphasive enough the words "MORE EGGS". The ZSS was pretty awful. She power shielded several times leaving you open for a grounded Yoshi bomb. Another thing less bair, it's a good move but bair into a tilt much better. Or bair into a nair.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
I cannot emphasive enough the words "MORE EGGS". The ZSS was pretty awful. She power shielded several times leaving you open for a grounded Yoshi bomb. Another thing less bair, it's a good move but bair into a tilt much better. Or bair into a nair.
Yup. That match, i knew i hadnt used enough eggs. I usually, mostly always bair into a tilt every game, but i guess i didnt implement it into this match enough. I never thought of bair into a nair, so ill definitely try to implement that into my game. Thanks for the advice.

Your opponent was terrible. =/

Wtf, who throws suit pieces away! uggg, i didnt watch the rest sowwy, ill do it later, once i get over that trametizing moment =P
My opponent threw them away because the friendly before that match, i 2 stocked her with her own armor pieces. Yup, pretty horrible opponent... Thanks for the advice.

_Ubemaya_

Smash Cadet
You tend to fight in close range too much, and use easily punishable moves like D-smash. If you spot dodge more than 3 times in a row something's probably not right.

Don't use Yoshi bomb to punish her missed attacks... f-tilt or f-smash is probably a better idea. (Actually, using it to punish a laggy attack is okay... but you were using it a lot when your opponent wasn't doing anything, and you could have been punished by a good opponent).

While I'm at it, I'll comment on your Olimar video as well since I play Olimar. More pikmin throw (I guess you need to work on your pikmin/egg spamming), better approaches, don't spam smashes when he's on top of you. Also, if you MUST play really close range, use tilts instead of smashes. Up tilt is a beast. Don't go for risky spikes/edgeguarding.

Top Bottom