• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Yoshi! :D

Mind Trick

Smash Ace

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Nice matches man. I'm not the biggest fan of doubles but i loved what I saw. Great spacing with n air. The only thing i noticed is sometimes when ur High above ur opponents you might want to mix up your attacks or just bait. This would help against shield grabs. But yeah man nice stuff.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
Nice matches man. I'm not the biggest fan of doubles but i loved what I saw. Great spacing with n air. The only thing i noticed is sometimes when ur High above ur opponents you might want to mix up your attacks or just bait. This would help against shield grabs. But yeah man nice stuff.
thanks for the advice, definitely working on not falling into obvious shieldgrabs and useless groundpounds (got punished so hard every time >_<)

whole set now up

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
I'd critique, but... it's teams. I don't think it relates enough to singles for me to actually say anything worthwhile, it's too different. Get some singles up, and I'll definitely tell you what I think, but otherwise, I don't know : ( sorry man.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Game 1: lol @ sheik fair trying to save you. You guys won, not much to say about this match that I won't say later.

Game 2: There were a few times you panicked because you were caught in the air and resorted to down b and got punished during the lag. Keep your cool, DI away from danger, fast fall if you're worried about being stuck in the air too long, and if necessary air dodge.

Game 3: Against falcon and luigi I would not try to meet them in the air (unless you're coming from below). The speed and range of their aerials generally beat out yoshi's.

In general I think you have a great yoshi, but I think you could be a little more patient. Against characters like falcon who like to make aggressive shffl approaches a well placed fsmash is all you need to make them sad, just recognize when it's going to happen.

PS - Also, don't take your teammates last life and not help him when he needs it, that's just not nice lol.

Top Bottom