• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my roy?

j3ly

Smash Champion
link to it and im sure we will be more than happy to help you out man

j3ly

Smash Champion
haha thats funny im sorry lol, ill edit this wit my response in like 10 mins

-Im pausin as i watch to write this..your wavedashing is good, fast but make it look faster and give urself more manoveuability by doing short dash dances inbetween, and fakeout jumps with wavelands
-0.22 - ur smashing outta grab is fast dude
-Jiggs is really annoying to kill for most characters but roy has a really reliable kill combo delayed up-air tippered, to usmash
-2.02 - You didnt save your jump, but you did afterwards so it cudda been a mistake, but always save your jump, unless u wanna side b someone edgehogging but they gtta be real close
-Try working quick tippered hits into your combos, works better on light characters and esp jiggs.
-I think you need to be a little more aggressive too, you can tell by your movements your anticipating the bairs, but you dont make many mindgamed counters. flare blade is a flaming disjointed hitbox, it licks :p
-Mindgame utilts gainst jiggs
-You had two chances to edgeguard and you didnt do anything agressive, at least flare blade

Yo im done. Overall you have a fast roy man, fastfalling and timin of aerials is great. but i think u need to be more agressive. always watch and wait, but be agressive. and roy can pretty much ken dash too which is really useful

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
more dash dance, less wave dance. mix them around. roys dd is faster and more ajustable than his wave dash.

and that jiggs sucked xD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you wavedash way too much bro...... use it as a, effective spacing tool (during a dash dance to make your movement more fluid, off of platforms, when being approached, when approaching, etc.), not to annoy your enemy with Roy's jump sound effect.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Pick a different costume
Tell Jiggs to pick a different costume
Don't F-smash so much, the Jiggs missed a lot of those punishes but it's easy to rest out of if it hits your shield as Jiggs
Trying to outspace Jiggs like you were doesn't always work, normally you'll just eat a million B-airs
Unlike what other people were saying, I think the WDing is ok vs Jiggs, dash dancing is more easily WoP'd through
Try and poke at her from max range til she's killable, one mistake and you're screwed out of a stock
Shield her approach more, if she comes from the front there's not much she can do to you, if she comes from behind WD out of shield or short hop N-air

Not much else to say really, sadly Jiggs strategy is way different from other matchups lol. It's worse for critiquing if the Jiggs can't punish all that well too. But hopefully it'll help.

Also you misspelled clothes and nice video tags ;P

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
More double edge dance ...

Not enough grabbing either. Jiggs is such a light character that pummel and throw damage really adds up. And, if all else fails, you can always KO via uthrow.

I saw some empty SHs. They're great with Roy. I think they're particularly good in this match-up, especially if you're used to the way Jiggs spaces her aerials.

Veggiez

Smash Apprentice
I'm not in any position to be critiquing someone else (as I need critiquing on mine), but I think some words of advice may help.

Your empty FHs and SHs...FastFall them please?
DED...do you know the button input for it?
Jab...is it your only defense?
FlareBlade...hold it over the edge to prevent the floaty from landing on the stage clean, please?

That's basically al I gathered from the video. I know DED wouldn't help in KOing, but Jiggs needs the bair your face, and the hitbox on DED 1U is huge. ***** all Jiggs approaches (bar pound to an extent).

Top Bottom