• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my olimar

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Avoid being aggressive except when you think they will least expect it. You need to work on your grab-to-aerial combos. With a heavy character like bowser you should be able to pull of the double up-air combo at lower percents.

asob4

Smash Champion
i saw some moments where you should have pivot grabbed and you could have easily had an advantage
also, when you're above him, do a falling nair, it'll lead into an usmash or dsmash and builds damage
don't forget to toss :p

Dotcom

Smash Lord
When facing big characters like that it's best to play more defensive than offensive.
You were too offensive and one time it got you gimped, and the other time it got you a lose. >.<
Pivot grab more, it's a punsiher for most things in the game.
Toss more, builds damage, and pressure at the same time.
Work on grab combos at lower percents, ou could do alot more than you did.
And use nair more. A falling nair combos into buth D - Smash, and U - Smash, and it also combos into grabs.

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Thanks all

Dash grabbing is a bad habit.

I am trying to put pivot grab more into my style.

I was told recently at a tourney that nair is too good so im gonna use that more.

Play defensivly

So these are the main things I am gonna try and improve on.

xJon

Smash Cadet
On Big characters like Bowser don't be so aggressive dude, one mistake and it's sleep time.
Try to play more tactically instead of just running in there and smashing all over the place also remember to always be good on Pikmin [you got punished for that].

I'd rate it about a 5/10. Mediocre.

My brother plays Oli as a main and I've picked up a great deal of stuff xD.
Oh and that shield you did can be real useful but don't abuse it. Timing is not always precise and taking a big hit is never good.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Everything that needs to be said has been said. I do recommend watching videos of great Olimars, though. You should learn how to grab combo and tech chase better. Also, you should try to be more diverse than holding the analog stick in your opponent's direction and pressing a button. I'm trying to say be less predictable, I guess.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
First minute, I saw a lot of missed oppurtunities for Neutral Airs and grabs/combos.

Second minute, you should have air dodged since you were directly in the middle of the sky, and then you should have picked more Pikmin whenever you got the chance O_O

Last 45 seconds, nice pivot grab, but again some missed chances for Nairs. : /

So MY personal advice would be more neutral airs. You could grab more... but I think you sorta of grabbed more...

Oh, and pikmin toss more.

Top Bottom