• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Luigi

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
All I can say is, go for jab to UpB more often. (though in this case grab release to UpB was a good substitute) I saw some nice jab tricks here and there but there were a few times you had a good jab with him right where you need for the UpB and you let him go. I also recommend using your rising down b out of your momentum cancel right away instead of side b, in my experience it only brings pain. Other than that space with fireballs and do your best to think about where your aerials are going even though its easy to mash them out with Luigi.

Any more criticism and you'll just lose the point, though in all honesty I'm probably not much of a better Luigi than you are.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Few things I should point out about Jdietz's post:

-I wouldn't recommend jab-> up b against Wario since it's never guaranteed. He can easily SDI down on the jab to avoid the up b.

-I honestly wouldn't recommend using rising down b out of momentum canceling either due to Luigi's Horrible horizontal aerial speed. You don't necessarily have to side b after momentum canceling, but make sure that you mix it up with some of his aerials.

Tips:
-If you're ever above your opponent while they are on the ground, avoid falling with a nair unto their shield.
-Grab releasing Wario should never work (Wario just has to hold down) with Luigi unless Wario is dangling in the air. Even when you have a chance to grab release him, an up tilted F-smash is much better to use over an aerial up b.
-Mix up your short hop air game a bit more, You shouldn't always double aerial whenever you short hop because it quickly becomes punishable. Try something like short hop d-air, then a buffered d-smash. You have tons of options from that point so it's up to you to choose.

Top Bottom