• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Luigi

TreK

Is "that guy"
lol I didn't remember the feeling of PSing with Luigi
I need to go to more SFs T.T

I really, really like your Luigi Scatt. You seem to be more consistent than I am in landing the dtilt ._.
I usually jump after a jab-dtilt, try it and luv it <3 people do stupid, punishable stuff when they get hit by the stupid, punishable move that is dtilt. Unless they're Marth. They're still stupid, but it works.

1st vid you got comboed because you airdodged+DIed into your opponent 4-5 times in a row ; you seem to underthink your reactions when getting hit compared to your spacing and comboing phases.

The 2nd, 5th and 6th links are broken (LIKE METAKNIGHT =V)

3rd vid at the beginning of his 2nd stock you did something I always do, and hate myself for it -> stay in the corner. There's really no way you can avoid an invincible fox if you're already cornered ._.

4th I've got nothing to say, besides thx for teaching me the matchup XD

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Your airdodges to try and get inside were predictable, and getting eaten by lots of yoshi bairs.

You jumped into a few charged smashes and that's never good. Remember that you have another jump.

A few times you didn't even try to chase the down throw. But considering that you must know this yoshi quite well, that could be explained away. Dunno whether or not its a bad thing, but its weird to watch.

I liked your jab games.

I only watched the first video. Hope I helped a little bit.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Fixed the video links. Thanks for the tips. I normally don't chase d-throw if I expect an airdodge or attack. Is better to just force an air dodge and chase them?

and yeah vs Yoshi: Lack of Mu exp+ me thinking Yoshi was charging a f-smash = me getting hit. I don't know anybody else that uses Yoshi where I live. :( (Or anywhere else really)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
critiquing the first vid

i just learnt this, my recommendation is to usually play slow in game 1 and first stock because unless your a reactive player who just reacts to everything your opponent, you'd need a game plan and need to observe their habits/patterns, once you got their pattern figured out, just start making the stuff u need to make like for example, when u dthrow'd Yoshi in first stock, twice, he airdodge'd, i'd probably make a sliding upsmash after im sure he airdodges thinking its safe

unless u were just observing him in first stock, then exclude my holy advice lol,

i like walking sliding utilt, cute lolz.

one thing to avoid STUPID stuff like running into obvious charging smashs, is to stick to ground game because your ground game is 2x better than his, and u have a shield, lol. but just be patient and use common sense like your jab outranges his upsmash (ofcourse from MU knowledge which you'll work on)

generally u want to fight yoshi by camping and u can safely land in front of his shield since his shieldgrab isl ike 17 frames lol, so u can do like a fair > buffered jab and not get grabb'd but he also has oos nair stuff like that.

also sometimes of the inexperienced players tend to not punish when your opponent cross overs your shield (ending up behind ur shield) just takes some observation and punish where hes landing and obv common sense like yoshi would ledgedrop and end up behind u if ur next to the edge. and use more nair cuz he had spotdodging habits

oh and use more jab1.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Never knew that it was safe to land in front of his shield. Thanks for that tid bit. The first time I d-throwed him, I read the airdodge, but Yoshi simply moves too fast in the air to punish it. :( ( excluding cyclone.)

I'm still wondering if it's better to force Yoshi to airdodge from d-throw or is it better to just wait and punish. :/

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
it really up to you lol, you have a variety of options, as well as Yoshi, most GOOD players dont usually airdodge, they usually attack and space away as much as possible, if u predict yoshi will do a airdodge, then do a sliding upsmash ( im pretty sure u can land it even with his airspeed)

yoshq

Smash Master
generally u want to fight yoshi by camping and u can safely land in front of his shield since his shieldgrab isl ike 17 frames lol, so u can do like a fair > buffered jab and not get grabb'd but he also has oos nair stuff like that.
yoshi can't jump out of his shield...

yoshq

Smash Master
actually come to think of it a smart yoshi will spam his jab a lot more than a luigi does, because it's so fast.... it's not really that safe to land in front of him.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
youve gots a nice Weegee, but it might not be enough to beat the great kazoo'z luigi, i havent seen him play, but ive heard good things on his weegee, im good with luigi, but i dont main him

You should try more Hyphen smashing, and RARing, his back aerial is great for walling opponents

Top Bottom