• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Ike, please!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well here are the things I noticed
-you finish your jab combo when it misses
-you seem to edge guard with eruption a lot it shouldn't have worked on the 2nd k0
-you use QD to recover
-turn items off not to none so that DDD and peach don't end up pulling out a smash ball.

try to get some more videos of your Ike hard to tell you what to really improve on with only one fight.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Items were off. You see, Peach can randomly bring out items when she's reaching for turnips. It has happened in Melee as well. I'll work on stopping my jab combo. Also, I wanted to do a match for each character on my signature (Mario, Ike, and Marth are my mains while Pit and Metaknight are my secondaries). And yeah, Quick Draw is risky for recovery and I'll make sure I don't use it as much.

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
Hmm overall your Ike's pretty good.
Some things that I would have to say are that you would have to improve on are spot dodging, using your tilts a bit more, and mixing up the regular jab combo into some jab cancles, one jab to a grab, and other variations.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I do jab cancels, but it's usually AA->d-tilt. Next time, I'll use jab->f-tilt (I learned that from Eternal Phoenix Fire a while back) and jab->F-throw. Overall, thanks, Boon. :)

Top Bottom