• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my IC please =3

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I kinda felt like you might need to work on spacing maybe? I don't really know IC strategies that well, but just my opinion. Hell, someone who is good with IC could come in here and say I'm an idiot and I don't know what I am talking about, so I would take a critique from an IC main before me ;)

smaci92

Smash Lord
I kinda liked your playstyle =]. but I'd like to see more use of their other aerials besides Uair. Your spotdodges and airdodges were a bit random somtimes (ex. shorthop > airdodge...you did that a few times even when metaknight wasn't attacking). I'd like to see some more desyncing (cause the times you did desync, you were pretty decent at it). and I think you could go a little bit faster on the popo bthrow > nana dthrow. If I did as slow as you did it (you weren't "slow"...just not fast enough for my taste), my friends would usually get out...

other then that...you're a pretty decent IC player ;D hope you don't mind my advice...=]

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

*Sigh* I hate watching ICs vs. MK. Good ICs.

/I'm too lazy to critique, so listen to someone else from here

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Stop smashing so much, move when doing desynched IBs, speed up the CGs. The rest of the video was fine.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what bomb said. more variety of aerials, less smashing, more tilts (utilt is godly, but so is side and dtilt too). you looked fine otherwise. did you have a specific concern? cuz fighting mk with ICs is a ***** in of itself.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Faster chain grabs, more aerials. I think you were too close to metaknight the whole match. Space a little. Metaknight dominates at close range.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
what bomb said. more variety of aerials, less smashing, more tilts (utilt is godly, but so is side and dtilt too). you looked fine otherwise. did you have a specific concern? cuz fighting mk with ICs is a ***** in of itself.
No, I just wanted to know what I was doing wrong in general.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :D

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
That was a pretty solid match. I have a question. For the back throw to down throw, what commands did you use so that nana would powershield after downthrowing? I'm asking this because when you do cg's at higher speeds, that shield is needed to fix the spacing between the climbers to restart the grabs but I can't figue out how to do this...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
That was a pretty solid match. I have a question. For the back throw to down throw, what commands did you use so that nana would powershield after downthrowing? I'm asking this because when you do cg's at higher speeds, that shield is needed to fix the spacing between the climbers to restart the grabs but I can't figue out how to do this...
Slightly hold the joystick forward and Nana should shield instead of a grab. But I think that's for lighter characters, because when you do it on medium and heavies, Nana doesn't need to shield, you need the right timing in order for Nana not to shield or grab.

Your ICs are pretty good, you just need more spacing and more aerials. And some more Blizzard and Ice Blocks, and possibly a perfect spaced Squall? :S

Noraa

Smash Lord
Um not bad but practice your stutter step ib desynch because i can tell you went for it alot and messed up so just practice that

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
You guys are all so awesome :D

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably have some more videos up in the next 2 or 3 weeks after I go to a tourney.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You're no outcast, people still know you because you don't CG, which gets you brownie points from opponents, Frozen. =P

Zagul

Smash Rookie
Considering I'm still new to Ice Climbers, I thought that you play them pretty solidly. Again, what some of the other people said, more spacing/aerials.

lain

Smash Master
IMHO there wasn't much to see from that video. Very slow, many mistakes, awkward encounters leading to a mis-punishment (fsmashing instead of grabbing), almost NO approaching by the IC's. Just sorta sat back and shot iceblocks until the metaknight came and fast fell a fullhopped dair into you.

You were quite right sir.

lain

Smash Master
I probably receive the most ****talk and general stigma out of all the IC players. ****'s ridiculous.

guys seriously when you start cg'ing like 95% of the time people will be going NUTS around you. it's both glamorous and ****ty lol

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I probably receive the most ****talk and general stigma out of all the IC players. ****'s ridiculous.

guys seriously when you start cg'ing like 95% of the time people will be going NUTS around you. it's both glamorous and ****ty lol
This lol. Everyone knows that the ICs can CG, and everyone still freaks out when they see it in person. I always have a little crowd of people watching me and I'm not even that good lol. People don't hate me yet, though. :bee:

Top Bottom