• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique my friend's zamus

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Firstly, OMG WHY DID YOUR FRIEND LET YOU HIT HIM/HER WITH SIDE-B SO MANY TIMES???

Furthermore, fairly good overall. Good grabs, though some bad choices of toss direction in my opinion, as well as too many D-airs and inappropriate Up-Bs. I would toss at least one armour piece off the edge against a space animal. Oh, and spacing was weird for the most part (weird D-smashes mostly).

Edit: I only watched the first video when I made that comment. After watching the second, I'll have to add that your friend let you control the armour pieces and that is my biggest pet peeve with ZSS mains. They are YOUR items, NOT your opponent's! Secondly, the down+B-ing onto the stage after hanging on the ledge is a bad idea because all it takes is one hit away from the stage to prevent him/her from using it again and seriously gimping their recovery.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
1. Your friend is unnecessarily using Flip Jump as a recovery, and you should be punishing him for it when he lands.
2. 1:19. Did he seriously just try to combo a d-smash into a Plasma Wire when you were at 164? You should have been dead.
3. Too much unnecessary rolling.
4. 2:13. He tried to do it again. Why the **** does he keep attempting that?

Long story short, he has spacing issues he needs to work around. Other than that, solid.

JCav

Smash Lord
well guys thanks for all the advice. as far as hitting him with my side b, i agree. he falls into it way too much. ive told him that a few times but hell listen to you guys since you know more than i do. but thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it

Chaco

Never Logs In
He's pretty, good, but what the hell was he thinking trying to combo you with plasma wire at over 150%...that's ridiculous.

But the flipjump recovery is not needed. He could've made it back easily without a recovery move.

Also, nice use of the scar tech.

JCav

Smash Lord
He's pretty, good, but what the hell was he thinking trying to combo you with plasma wire at over 150%...that's ridiculous.

But the flipjump recovery is not needed. He could've made it back easily without a recovery move.

Also, nice use of the scar tech.
well thank you for the comment on scarring but i get it on him way too often. and with the recovery thing, ive actually seen improvement. it used to be guaranteed hed kill himself once a match.

ragnar0ck

Smash Cadet
overall he did pretty good but, he gets punnished to much for using d smash in my oppinion you should only use it:
A If you're sure you're gonna connect with it
or
B Not get punnished for it

Side b is a very good attack try using that more with proper spacing

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
He absolutely must learn how to follow up dsmash. He would just kind of sit there without even filling it with a second dsmash.

And I'm going to repeat the statement that Wolf Flash hit him way too much.

Also, the gimp in the second vid didn't need to happen. He should have just DJ'd and gotten on the stage.

Wotts

Smash Rookie
I think you were being way too stubborn with the d-smash edge guarding. Even if he wasn't wolf and he wasn't scarring the crap out of you, sometimes you should mix it up by falling back and pressuring the ledge with forward-b's and paralyzers, or in this case set up to punish wolf if he scars through the stage. If you become that predictable with the d-smash, everyone will find a way to punish you for it.

You had some really good shield pressure with jabs and d-tilts, but you got shield grabbed a few times because you were too close. Try to make sure you are outside of grab range if you're going to pressure with d-tilts. And if you are inside his grab range, especially if he's facing you, try to spot dodge whatever he does and u-tilt him instead, or just get some distance if you don't feel comfortable playing the guessing game.

One last thing is just to be more selective with the dash attacks. When you landed them, you were following them up really well...that dash attack --> d-tilt --> f-air was pretty **** sexy. But about half of your dash attacks went straight into his shield. If he's on the ground, ready for you to approach, be patient and think of your other options instead of rushing in with a dash attack.

Alright that's all I've got, you've got some definite skillz, keep fighting the good fight.

P.S. Yeaaaa first post! Sup my fellow ZSS mains.

JCav

Smash Lord
well guys really, you answered all my questions and did exactly what i wanted. so i have nothing else to say except thanks for all the input and hopefully the next time ill have some better vids to watch :)

Top Bottom