• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my D3, Please!

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Hey Dedede mains, I was wondering if you would critique my King Dedede gameplay for me. I main Sonic, but am looking to add Dedede as a secondary with Sonic and my other character, Lucario. Here are a couple of matches that were recorded (both against Sonic):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcTf6b9XsY&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5Iq8fqWZE&fmt=18

Both of these matches were played on WiFi (fail, I know), so there may be little spots of lag. If you have any tips or things that I could work on, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again! :)

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
lots of dash attacks eh.
quite true. and try to use your shield grab when grabbing to avoid all that landing lag. if done right he should stop and not roll over after the grab, and gives him more range :chuckle: also i wouldnt use upB as an attack. it leaves you too open and has a lot of landing lag. save that for recovery, and dont forget that you can cancel it.

you jump too much when setting up for an attack. youd rack up more hits and damage if you kept to short hopping while on stage. i did see you open an attack up with a fast fall Nair, that was good!

you got that Ftilt down, its also good opener, but try to follow up after it with a grab/doo/tilt. also short hop more aerials. DDDs Bair and Fairs can do wonders on and off the stage. full hopped Dairs are great openers too!

oh and try to use Bairs down smashes and uptilts for KOs

hope ive helped!

rgrwilco

Smash Apprentice
i seemed like you were playing pretty fricken defensive, i think you can work on your argressivness at times, theres a time in the match where you could of wall of pain to do more dmg, i thought you did to much dash attacks, you can get sheild grabed if you get predictable, umm pretty much what all of omghax said, buT, i thought you could abuse more of the grabbing i dont like to chain grab, so i only grab 1 or twice, then forward tilt them does a good amount of dmg, jab cancel is handy, also use your tilts to create more openings for you smashes forward tilts, one thing i like doing to sonic is when they do that side b attack and can only go one direction, i like to use inhale cause thats an easy 10 % and you can even combo it to other moves. dont jump to much and dont try to play a slow paced defensive game.

Top Bottom