• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique me....... if you dare MUCH BETTER MATCHES UP!

nash123

Smash Journeyman
Don't see too much wrong except you faired next to the ground a couple times but then again those could've just been finger slip ups.Solid DK.Online or offline?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't see too much wrong except you faired next to the ground a couple times but then again those could've just been finger slip ups.Solid DK.Online or offline?
yeah they were finger slips. this was offline btw

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Sexi DK, I hate the ICs. The last video was priceles. Prolly one of the really good dks on these boards. Nice videos

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
good **** ripple i saw your vids on the allisbrawl DK boards. My DK is improving every day, I just wish I didn't roll so much, haha.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Although im not saying you have a bad DK. I am saying that the wario seemed like he was just messing around half of the time. I did not watch the 2nd video, and the 3rd video, the Ic's didnt seem good at all. he missed the spike at least twice and he sd the 2nd stock.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Although im not saying you have a bad DK. I am saying that the wario seemed like he was just messing around half of the time. I did not watch the 2nd video, and the 3rd video, the Ic's didnt seem good at all. he missed the spike at least twice and he sd the 2nd stock.
these were at 3:30 in the morning, we were drunk on exhaustion. the wario player was really tired. in fact I don't know why I uploaded these they look terrible, I'll find matches where I was dead serious and nothing went to terribly wrong

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Oh, lol, alright sounds good.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Why'd you do grounded ^b as an approach so many times? (I think like 6 or even more in total). You always got punished for it, I just want to hear your logic as to why you would do that.

Terrydactyl

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6110-5215-0645
Those Dr. X battles are epic. You guys both play your characters awesomely.

I like the Up-B on the ground because it helps vary DK's arsenal and also is awesome for crowd control.

I also noticed you never ever do your Forward-B Pitfall Headbutt. Why is that?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Those Dr. X battles are epic. You guys both play your characters awesomely.

I like the Up-B on the ground because it helps vary DK's arsenal and also is awesome for crowd control.

I also noticed you never ever do your Forward-B Pitfall Headbutt. Why is that?
I only use side b when I play against certain characters. it is more useful against some, and pit is not one of them.

I only side b against
DDD
ICs
bowser
diddy (that little guy needs to stop for one moment!)
snake
PT
zelda
G&W (very useful on him if you can space yourself well)
falco
samus

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Presumably the Wario mentioned above was me. Sorry if I was just "messing around" the whole time.. while we were waiting to capture that match I down taunted for like a minute or so on Poke Stadium. I believe I got hit when I did it again or something, yeah that was entirely my fault for assuming Ripple wouldn't abuse my error. The random fart happened because of crowd complaints that it wasn't fair for me to have my fart so early(because of the wait) so I just wasted it on purpose. Moral of the story is don't listen to the crowd, play to win evidently.

If the matches were loading right on youtube this late, I'd go over other little mental errors I made or something but until then I'll have to leave this post unedited. The only other error I recall was that I thought I faired and landed on Castle Siege, but I guess I didn't(once again.. can't check at this time) so instead I died but didn't really care because it was a friendly anyways and I was half asleep and chewyy said the TV lagged so obviously it must've.

p.s.(note the johns) and good **** Ripple, always fun to play ya. But next time we need to organize/setup a bimonthly or something with more than 1 brawl & 1 melee setup.

p.p.s. keep critiquing Ripple until I have a solid chance to beat him again, DK forums. Next time I suck it up, I'm johning about you guys too.

The Director

Smash Lord
You play a good DK but I think you play a little too defensively.
Down b a lot more and spam the down tilt whenever possible. Also, NEEDS MORE PUNCH!!

spades

Smash Cadet
Matches were well worth watching. I particularly enjoyed pit's use of his downB shield to reflect your recovery. Close game.

GJ ripple on continuing to rock the dk boards with solid play.

Top Bottom