• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critic my Vids PLZ!

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
hi
i´ve played SSBM for about 5 month, and now i´d like to hear what you think about my progress :)
these are my most recent videos, Siruma plays Falco, Ame$ plays Jiggs
so far i know i should definitely wavedash more, i was a bit nervous and didnt play that well.
secondly i should use more needles and jabs....
i´d be thankfull for any critisism,

Yome vs Siruma 1

Yome vs Siruma 2

Yome vs Siruma 3

Yome vs Siruma 4

Yome vs. Siruma 5

Yme vs. Siruma 6

yome vs ame$ 1

yome vs ame$ 2

yome vs ame$ 3

yome vs ame$ 4

thank you
yome

just pick out a few vids and watch them
thank you

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
please guys, just gimme something :(
watch one of the vids, maybe the first one, and tell me what you think/ctritc/ rate the vid
i´m depending on y'all XD

yome

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
not bad i guess, it was kind of hard and annoying to watch the vid

You played defensive a lot, u should be more aggressive so they dont have a chance to think of what to do.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
hmm.. okay.. sorry for that
you mean cause of the quali?

thanks for the tipp, i´m guessing you mean against the falco...
i dont exactly now what you mean, should i not shield so much whenerver he SHBs? just jump and attack him?
or do you mean when i´m cornered and i just stand there and shield... i realiesed that, i often just stand there for a moment after they respawn....

thank you
yome

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
well i think its best if u go defensive against a falco, if u try to be aggressive they will just look for openings to shine you and just start pillaring u and combo u so.... i would just stay defensive against falcos, but other characters i would be aggressive

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
okay ^^ i´m already working on the rolls, thx ^^

when should i use more downsmash... generally, or just whenever i corner an enemie?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
hmmm..i saw the first vid...not bad..your shieks kinda iffy...too many dash attacks...maybe some more standing needles..you'd be surprised how well that works...i wanna note...i saw some tech chasing there...this is like your strongest weapon against space animals...you should abuse this a lot more...i mean its such a simple thing to do....and its really safe...they can't really hur you while your tech chasing them unless you happen to get hit by a get up attack in place...besides that...you are in a very safe place while tech chasing since the can't shl or shine or shuffle while they are being tech chased...if they can't do none of that...they cant win...so basially abuse this move to rack up damage..and when you grab them..hit them once or twice....when they get around 60% and up hit them 3 times...this damage adds up....then when they are around 60% and up your tilts are gonna be very effective against them...peace

-hiroshi

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the comment :)
first question: whats iffy? Oo sry

question to tech chasing: It seems to work fine with fox, i managed to tech-chase to kill ame$ (my friend, using fox) as well as i manage techchasing my brother (also fox)
but i´m playing Lexxil , a falco right now, and except if he techs stupid, i cant get him, because if he techs away from me, i cant seem to get after him quick enough...
does falco roll fatser or further then fox? i think he techs further...

i still cant include my WDshing really productive :( sux ^^
thanks anyway, i´m off training :D

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
well tech chasing is also predicting where your oppenent will go and do, like if he will do a getting up attack or just get up without attacking. its harder to predect it with veteran players. i hate when they just get up from a stand still and dont tech, if that happens just downsmash them until they learned their lesson and start teching and so on.
so just try and think of where that oppent will usually tech if u can seem to run to him in time.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
You don't grab enough against the grab. Grab, tech chase to grab, repeat. when he's near edge, just down smash and edgeguard with needles.

Please, get a capture card. the 1st falco match had black bars, and hurt my eyes. the 2nd was zoomed out to much. in the 3rd, the color was brighter than usual. Record with a VHS next time.

EDIT: answering your question, falco is easier to tech chase than fox. He rolls slower and less far, while fox rolls faster and farther. If you can do it to fox, you should be able to do it against falco.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
okay, so i guess i just have to improve my grab and tech chase game it seems (at least for space animals)
i´ll try it...
maybe i´ll go look for a capture card or something sometime soon... i just gotta inform myself ^^
i didnt know the qualtiy was that horrible to watch, maybe cause i´m used to it Oo
thank you all again :)

btw, the ame$ vids are against jiggs, just if someone is intressted

thanks for the tipps @all

Top Bottom