• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

crew friendlies, please critique! (Updated 3/6 with G&W Link Boozer and Falcon vids)

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
I've always been terrible at this game, and there have been a handful of topics containing video evidence to such a statement. Well, here it is again, the annual see Muse phail video topic, where you can try to pull me out of the rut :dizzy:

j/k, I'm hard on myself, I know. I'm just glad the people around me are improving so rapidly, maybe I'll get my fair share of skill soon (no). I'm gonna post some recent friendlies of myself and some of my crewmaters from a get together we had earlier this week. Since leeroy was hogging the TV that had the VCR hooked up to it, he's in like all of these for now >_> Hopefully I can get some actual competitive matches up too if all goes well and we have another smashfest in the near future! Anyway, here are the links to the sets...

NEW VIDS:

Amber (Peach) vs. EMOF (Samus) Better playing in this vid than her set with golden_leeroy

Amber (Bowser) vs. Riku (Marth)

MuseLives vs. Faze (Best 3 out of 5)

Link vs. Falcon (Battlefield) Thank god every fight I play isn't such a nail biter at the end.

Link vs. Falcon (Pokemon Stadium)

Link vs. Falcon (Brinstar) I was playing a bit n00bish here. After today I've discovered that I hate brinstar.

Link vs. Falcon (Corneria) This match shows why Corneria is broken and how much it hates me. Peppy practically 0 to deaths me himself on the first stock, falcon lands the finishing hit. After that I pretty much lost my bearings in this fight. I swear, Peppy...

Link vs. Falcon (Green Greens) It's official, Green Greens is the gayest counterpick I've ever pulled. I really should've lost this fight.

Vale (Fox) vs. golden_leeroy (Roy) Random match.

Amber vs. Ballin
Luigi's aerial priority is just too good for G&W in this one.

Game and Watch vs. Luigi (FD)

Game and Watch vs. Luigi (Mute City)

MuseLives vs. Golden_leeroy (Again, I know. Different characters here. Best 2 out of 3)

Falcon vs. Fox (Yoshi Story)

Falcon vs. Fox (Pokemon Stadium)

Falcon vs. Fox (DK 64)

Original batch of vids:

MuseLives vs. Golden_leeroy (Best 3 out of 5)
I don't care what the results say, I suck.

Match 1, Marth vs. Roy (Battlefield)

Match 2, Marth vs. Samus (Mute City)

Match 3, Marth vs. Roy (Dreamland 64)

Match 4, Marth vs. Roy (Corneria)

Link vs. Golden_leeroy (Best 2 out of 3)
Link wins the award for most improved player in our crew since the end of 2006.

Match 1, Sheik vs. Marth (Final D)

Match 2, Sheik vs. Fox (Congo Jungle)

Match 3, Sheik vs. Marth (Brinstar)

Single Match
Jigglypuff is a bully, lol
Tony (Pichu) vs. Sol (Jiggs)

Single Match
Fox makes a game out of this, believe it or not.
HK (falco) vs. Golden_leeroy (Fox)

Amber vs. Golden_Leeroy
Peach is trying to adapt a new style in this set...doesn't change the fact that disjointed hitboxes **** her ^_^

Match 1, Peach vs. Roy (Poke Stadium)

Match 2, Peach vs. Marth (Brinstar)

Match 3, Peach vs. Fox (Mute City)

Match 4, Peach vs. Roy (Poke Stadium)

666 vs. Golden_Leeroy
lol, rainbow cruise.

Match 1, Samus vs. Fox (FoD)

Match 2, Samus vs. Fox (Rainbow Cruise)

DaHellKnightz

Smash Cadet
Who cares? But I'm right next to Rick James grind
omg wow i fail at closing out fights. too much nair out of those lasers too. i should really start playing with you guys more often like i used to. even STEVE of all people is better than me now for christsake. guess i'll start coming to meetings again instead of just randomly showing up at your house :ohwell:

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
I only watched the Samus Marth on mute city because youtube is going uber slow right now.

The samus needs more fastfalled sex kicks and less dairs. And a bit more dsmash would help.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
I've always been terrible at this game, and there have been a handful of topics containing video evidence to such a statement. Well, here it is again, the annual see Muse phail video topic, where you can try to pull me out of the rut :dizzy:

j/k, I'm hard on myself, I know. I'm just glad the people around me are improving so rapidly, maybe I'll get my fair share of skill soon (no). I'm gonna post some recent friendlies of myself and some of my crewmaters from a get together we had earlier this week. Since leeroy was hogging the TV that had the VCR hooked up to it, he's in like all of these for now >_> Hopefully I can get some actual competitive matches up too if all goes well and we have another smashfest in the near future! Anyway, here are the links to the sets...

It's not my fault!! No one else wanted to use it.

omg wow i fail at closing out fights. too much nair out of those lasers too. i should really start playing with you guys more often like i used to. even STEVE of all people is better than me now for christsake. guess i'll start coming to meetings again instead of just randomly showing up at your house :ohwell:
Well, thats your fault for disappearing off the face of the Earth in the last few months.:)

Anyway...

Any tips for my Fox or Roy? I'd really appreciate the help.

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie
I want to say I liked that Pichu quite a bit. I feel your pain, Pichu has a hell of a hard time against floaties, but you did good for at least the first half of the fight, then agan for most of your last stock. Reminds me of my pichu a lot except you use a crapload more nair than I do. Try using bair more, it'll help you mix things up a bit. Also utlts are really useful. You've got the right idea with killing jiggly off the top of the screen with usmash, it isn't going to die off the side of the screen, but you need to mindgame it in if you're going to get those kills! Also, you were too predictable with you up+b after a while, that's why jiggs edgeguard was ****** you near the end. Good job though.

For roy: I think you could use SHFFLed uairs more, they're quite useful for comboing. They also made a serious roy guide (finally) that explains some other good uses for the move, so check that out when you get the chance. Peach is a pain, but exploit your disjointed hitbox range more in that matchup. If she's out of the range, pretty much all she has is turnips. Learn to maneuver through turnip spams without leaving yourself open and she'll eventually come to you. If she gets closer, pound her for it.
When you played marth, I think you really have to be wary of those platforms on battlefield, his style was really exploiting you on those and he got some nice combos. Also, don't use dtilt to edgeguard, it'll only pop them up. Try ftilt to swat them back away. Flare blades can work too if you time/space them right.

You guys actually live pretty close to me, maybe I can get some Pichu dittos sometime? $5 MM maybe?

Low tiers FTW!

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
You really should.

I only watched the Samus Marth on mute city because youtube is going uber slow right now.

The samus needs more fastfalled sex kicks and less dairs. And a bit more dsmash would help.
You might want to check the vids of the guy that mains samus (666) if you decide to look at a few more matches.

i thought that roy was going to win in the first roy on peach fight
Are you sure you're not talking about the second one? He kept drawing first blood until peach kicked it up after it was tied at two stocks. The first one seemed slanted in Peach's favor from stock one.

love the gilgamesh theme in the first vid.
Can't help it if I'm an FF fan :)

I want to say I liked that Pichu quite a bit. I feel your pain, Pichu has a hell of a hard time against floaties, but you did good for at least the first half of the fight, then agan for most of your last stock. Reminds me of my pichu a lot except you use a crapload more nair than I do. Try using bair more, it'll help you mix things up a bit. Also utlts are really useful. You've got the right idea with killing jiggly off the top of the screen with usmash, it isn't going to die off the side of the screen, but you need to mindgame it in if you're going to get those kills! Also, you were too predictable with you up+b after a while, that's why jiggs edgeguard was ****** you near the end. Good job though.

For roy: I think you could use SHFFLed uairs more, they're quite useful for comboing. They also made a serious roy guide (finally) that explains some other good uses for the move, so check that out when you get the chance. Peach is a pain, but exploit your disjointed hitbox range more in that matchup. If she's out of the range, pretty much all she has is turnips. Learn to maneuver through turnip spams without leaving yourself open and she'll eventually come to you. If she gets closer, pound her for it.
When you played marth, I think you really have to be wary of those platforms on battlefield, his style was really exploiting you on those and he got some nice combos. Also, don't use dtilt to edgeguard, it'll only pop them up. Try ftilt to swat them back away. Flare blades can work too if you time/space them right.

You guys actually live pretty close to me, maybe I can get some Pichu dittos sometime? $5 MM maybe?

Low tiers FTW!
Constructive post is appreciated. PM me and we'll see about organizing some MMs. I don't know if tony will take you in those dittos, but I'll take your pichu with M2 if that's okay? $3 for that one since I suck so much >_>

Edit: Wait, I just realized I never posted specifically where we're from (at least recently). How do you know you live near us? Just curious considering my location is so vague...

awesome matches...
I get an eerie feeling you didn't watch the videos...lol. Please be a tad more constructive with your posting in the future.

I should be getting some more vids up tomorrow after our crew meeting. Those will be a bit more competitive than these ones plus they'll feature more players and more characters.

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie

Constructive post is appreciated. PM me and we'll see about organizing some MMs. I don't know if tony will take you in those dittos, but I'll take your pichu with M2 if that's okay? $3 for that one since I suck so much >_>

Edit: Wait, I just realized I never posted specifically where we're from (at least recently). How do you know you live near us? Just curious considering my location is so vague...

Amber = ElfenLiedPeach on the boards, right? ELP is the only one I've seen post vids up as 'Amber' so I was assuming. She's on the NJ player finder for Washington TWP. golden_leeroy's location kind of clarified my assumption that this was the same crew. I'm just up in northvale, its probably only a 15 minute drive from you. I'll take that pichu vs. M2 MM though! I'll send a you pm to get a date and exact address and stuff.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman

Low tiers FTW!

Thanks for the tips!:) I appreciate it.

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Amber = ElfenLiedPeach on the boards, right? ELP is the only one I've seen post vids up as 'Amber' so I was assuming. She's on the NJ player finder for Washington TWP. golden_leeroy's location kind of clarified my assumption that this was the same crew. I'm just up in northvale, its probably only a 15 minute drive from you. I'll take that pichu vs. M2 MM though! I'll send a you pm to get a date and exact address and stuff.
Well you're right. I replied to your PM, so we'll work things out in there.

Bump for new vids getting posted. Help my falcon and link! My marth sucks and needs a strong backup ^_^

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you got those matches up quick.

I only watched one: it was me (roy) vs. Vale (fox) as it was random and wasn't sure who won.

Additionally:

If you looked up "suck" in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of my Marth.

I should change my banner to a Fox and ROY user, and take Marth out.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
This thread makes me sad in that my peach is so **** inconsistent and the lack of comments from people not in the crew in it '-_-

BTW, I'm thinking of switching my main to Pikachu >_> Seriously. A new batch of vids in the future will reveal the truth on this matter!

Top Bottom