• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crescent Slash is a guaranteed Grab Release Combo on short characters

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
Shouldn't Mega Man be in the list? I don't think he's tall, so does it work on him or no?

Shadestars

Smash Cadet
Shouldn't Mega Man be in the list? I don't think he's tall, so does it work on him or no?
While he appears short, he's tall enough to touch the ground while grabbed so, a soft grab release will do that thing where both players slide back a little on the ground, thus it's not a guaranteed combo.

Actually something interesting I found in training, Megaman appears to be the only character in the game that grab release > Crecsent Slash won't connect with at all, not even sour spot it completely whiff's, even if he does a hard grab release. He must have some unusual physics or something? :V

EDIT: Forward throw > Crescent slash still sweet spot combo's on him, so it's not a big deal. Just the trajectory of Megaman's release is really strange :p

DOUBLE EDIT: It seems I can do different combo's unique to Megaman's unusual grab release, Up-tilt, forward tilt, Fsmash, short hop Fair, short hop Dancing Blade (strict timing), sh nair (even STRICTER timing x.x) and default dolphin slash all combo on Megaman if he goes for a hard release that I've found so far. I'd imagine that's all of them though....maybe sh uair? hmm...

Last edited:
Top Bottom