• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Creative ways to play the demo

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
In this topic, we will share inventive ways to play the Super Smash Bros demo that are different to the conventional gameplay.
I came up with a mode called Babysitter. It's a solo mode where you play as the caretaker of three horrifically violent Villager kids. Your job is to make sure that none of the three villagers die in the two-minute span of the match. This is quite difficult because, left to their own devices, the kids will pick up powerful items and knock each other out unless you get the items out of the kids' reach.

RULES:
  • Villager AI cannot be lower than 3. Feel free to upgrade the Villager's AI for a bigger challenge.
  • You cannot deal any damage to the Villagers or allow them to be KO'd.
  • You are allowed to self-destruct as many times as you wish.
  • You cannot select the Omega Form of Battlefield.
  • If you are playing this mode in the full game, remember to use the default game settings.
What are your favorite unconventional ways of playing Super Smash Bros?

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
-Pick a character
-Pick one computer player, start them at level 5
-Omega level only
-Defeat the computer raise level to 6, lose, lower it to 4
-Once level 9 is defeated change computer character and repeat
-When all available level 9 characters computers are defeated you may change character and do it again

Warning though, Megaman vs level 9 Mario is pretty hard.

Last edited:

JellyNut

Smash Cadet
NNID
JellyNut
3DS FC
2595-1508-4102
This is a game I like to call "The *character* Challenge.
- Pick a character.
- Get 3 CPUs of that character.
- Put the CPUs on level 9 (or lower).
- Pick either form of Battlefield.
- When completed as one character, do the challenge with the others.

Feel free to mix it up. (Example, beat 3 mega man CPUs as Pikachu or add a Mario CPU to two other Links.)

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
The Pocket Challenge

Play as Villager
Choose Mega Man as a CPU (higher level for higher difficulty)
In the span of two minutes you must pocket at least one of every type of Mega Man's projectiles

D

Deleted member

A fun way to play with other people is villager trees only, just try to pocket them and throw them back.

Jynxed

Smash Rookie
  • Villager AI cannot be lower than 3. Feel free to upgrade the Villager's AI for a bigger challenge.
Wait. How do you prevent them from being KO'd withing doing any damage to them? Are you basically just throwing all the items off before they can use them? It doesn't sound like there's much influence you really have over whether they get KO'd by an opponent or not.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Wait. How do you prevent them from being KO'd withing doing any damage to them? Are you basically just throwing all the items off before they can use them? It doesn't sound like there's much influence you really have over whether they get KO'd by an opponent or not.
Yeah. If you could jab one while he's charging a smash on his buddy or something it would make more sense

SoulSighter

Smash Rookie
~ Special Challenge ~
This is one I made up and found pretty difficult.

-> Select your character and chose a level 9 computer
-> Go to an Omega form stage
-> Try to defeat the computer solely using special attacks (No grabs, tilts or smashes)

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
In this topic, we will share inventive ways to play the Super Smash Bros demo that are different to the conventional gameplay.
I came up with a mode called Babysitter. It's a solo mode where you play as the caretaker of three horrifically violent Villager kids. Your job is to make sure that none of the three villagers die in the two-minute span of the match. This is quite difficult because, left to their own devices, the kids will pick up powerful items and knock each other out unless you get the items out of the kids' reach.

RULES:
  • If you are playing this mode in the full game, remember to use the default game settings.
I beat your challenge!!! 2nd try ;)

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540

RULES:

That's very creative!

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Smash. Potato.

Otherwise, Smash Tag is fun (land 50 damage to tag the other player) and requires some strategy.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Okay, I completed your challenge, Yokta! Here's proof:

TecKnoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6242-7659
sorry to derail, but I had a question, how do you simply "drop" items in place?

I was using link and wanted to just let go of bombs in the air, without the Z button I tried L and it worked, but only because he threw out a grab.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wouldn't call it creative per say, but I got 100 KOs against a lvl 9 Mario as Mario across a weekend.
And the counter goes way past 99 now. Nope, not maxing that out.

sorry to derail, but I had a question, how do you simply "drop" items in place?

I was using link and wanted to just let go of bombs in the air, without the Z button I tried L and it worked, but only because he threw out a grab.
L is Z, basically. It's always been the same button.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Wow, you actually did it with level 9 villagers? I'm genuinely impressed. Did you remember to avoid dealing any damage to the villagers?
Actually, probably not. I think I accidentally hit one of those bombs that cause the "cross flames" which hit one of the Villagers. But, rest assured I completed "most" of your challenge.

Last edited:

TecKnoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6242-7659
Wouldn't call it creative per say, but I got 100 KOs against a lvl 9 Mario as Mario across a weekend.
And the counter goes way past 99 now. Nope, not maxing that out.

L is Z, basically. It's always been the same button.

ok damn its really awkward letting go of items in the air as link, because I throw out my chain for a grab.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Your Babysitter thing is a nice idea, @ Yokta Yokta ! But one question, what if the match goes into sudden death?
Edit: I did it! (I guess the Sudden Death score doesn't show up)
image.jpg

Gonna be honest, took me like 10 times. :p

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Why does everyone think Megaman is so average-lowtier? His aerials are amazing and his keep away is top notch.
I thought that he was weak initially, but some high level Mega Man play combined with the discovery of some cool advanced stuff have forced me to rethink that. He's just really unconventional and it takes time for people to figure out how to use him properly.

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032

One word: Grabs.

Top Bottom