• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating Melee Stages

cjmeate

Smash Rookie
Hi guys ! A few of my buddies are excellent coders, and interested in potentially making some new stages for melee. I looked through some of the files, and reskinning everything seems pretty simple. My question is, why has this not been done yet?

I have only seen existing melee stages with slight modifications (Hyrule Legal, Termina Legal) but no customized maps. I am NOT an expert in coding, but I am a graphic design artist and will be making the textures.

Could anyone kindly explain, is it impossible to create new stages, and add them onto the SSS? My only worry is that it would have been done already if it was possible!

Thank you ! Hopefully we can all work together to make some dope new stages!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Basically, there are two people in the world who know how to do Melee model hacking and neither one has a quick and easy way of importing models into stage files. Consequently, we are forced to just mess around with the original objects within the file.

In the mean time, feel free to create new stage textures because almost no one does them anymore, but a lot of people enjoy playing on good ones.

TheOtherEthan

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TOE#355
It's because nobody really knows how to do this without taking several days to create the stage and then import it where they want. If your friends can though, tell them good job or smthn.

Top Bottom