• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create a Region Pokedex

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The idea of this thread isn't to actually create the region itself, but a list of existing Pokemon native to that region, typically around the 150ish mark. While I did make a single region without any theme in particular, I found that one more boring. Creating a specialized region where not every Pokemon can live proves to generally be a more intruiging experience. . .

http://i54.tinypic.com/qqzx9u.png

First off, let's get this one out of the way. The "general" region, where I basically just put together a bunch of "cool" Pokemon and didn't set any conditions beyond just balancing the type ratios. While I true to do that in the other regions, the conditions sometimes prevent it.

http://i53.tinypic.com/b88sbt.png

Next up, we have the desert region. An additional condition I set for this one as I was making it was it had a lot of pollution, hence the poison types. I was generally avoiding Pokemon with lots of excessive fur and such so they wouldn't just sweat themselves to death, or Pokemon like Hariyama with "Thick fat". Stuff like the cactuses and vultures are most obvious things to put here outside the mass ground/rock/steel/poison, though unfortunately there isn't much electric or ice that can really fit here - Regice is the only Ice and Magnemite line is the only Electric, though those types are rather minimal in the actual Pokemon games anyway.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ue5lw1.png

This one's an icy region, hence it's basically the opposite of the desert, packed with ice types and with lots of pokemon with lots of hair/fat to keep them warm. This one has one of the better balances of types, with everything getting at least 5 lines or so.

http://i52.tinypic.com/11kaz50.png

This one is definitely the most extreme. . .It's a post apocaltypic flooded world, thanks to none other than Kyogre. While there is land, it's generally only the tallest of rocky mountains that stick above the sea, so it's basically only enough for Flying Pokemon/levitating ones to roost on, with not enough to live on for a Pokemon that can't swim/fly. There's some swampyish areas for stuff like all of the Water/Grounds/Ludicolo/the more humanoid water Pokes to live, but not much else. Other then that, the ghosts are of course present seeing they don't really care about the water, the only exceptions being those with dual typings that make them fear the water. While I'm fully aware Bagon/Shellgon and the first form of the Dark/Dragon would pretty much instantly die in this setting, the later forms would survive fine and have very long lifespans - the dragons are -suppossed- to be rare, after all, but yes, they'd eventually die out completely.

Soooo yeah. Just made these for fun and thought I'd post it/see if anyone else wants to make something like this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, I never saw this thread. A friend of mine and I approached the exact same concept of choosing 150 Pokémon and actually making a totally new board game out of it. We went your "general" route and balanced exactly how many representative types there were between single and dual-type creatures. I'll get back to you on this.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I just got a good idea for a region to make, so I think I'll try to get it together this week :D I'm surprised no one responded to this thread until now.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I always thought a Regional Dex for a primarily urban region would be interesting. The primary bird type would be Mamepato, and there'd also be Rattata everywhere.

Maybe I'll come up with a Dex for the SWF-Dex region that contains real Pokemon as well.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
So yeah, I actually KNEW about this thread back when it was posted, and I even made a region for it. Dunno why I never posted it, but ah well. In fact, MW and I helped each other out with our regions a bit way back then. Either way, here it is.

If you can't tell, this is a prehistoric region. A lot of the 4th gen evolutions are in it, as well as a good amount of rock types. Really, anything that looks like a dinosaur or something similar got in. Or if their lore mentions the past, like the Magikarp line or Mew/Arceus. The Dragons are pretty much all there since I'd assume they were pretty common back in the day. The fossils are all there for obvious reasons; they're extinct now but were apparently common back then. Some of the stuff is in just because it looks old, so yeah.

And yes nearly all the Grass starters are there. They -ALL- look like dinosaurs of some sort, really. I left out Jaroda because that would just be too much representation...not that this isn't already.

Top Bottom